my first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalikisu

Reaction score
i got for cfl's and keep the temp between 72 -80 degrees. its been 3 days let see what goes on shall we? ill be getting a hps in a week or so but do you guys think that the light i got so for is good for now? hey any advice is what i need.

SDC11019.jpg

SDC11020.jpg

SDC11021.jpg

CFLs will work fine for your babies. ;) Do you have a fan blowing on them? How far away do you have the lights from the tops of your plants?

:yeahthat:

Those CFLs light penetration is terrible, so when they are placed too far away they will "stretch" which is an undesirable trait. This means they are striving to get more light. At a closer distance, they won't do this however.

Everything looks under control so far though! Good luck and green mojo!

Take a look at my signature and read my wet/dry cycle thread. Should help you alot with a first grow and some new babies.

i use the cfls for veggin also.i have them almost touching the canopy.they work great for veggin.my nodes are very tight.i only have 8 cfl's in my 2x2x4 veg tent and plenty of penetration.the crystal plants i have in there now look awesome.

I keep the lights about 3-5 in. above them. and i got one turbo fan on low to circulate air.

that is good...i to use cfl lights and have over 3500 lumms per foot...and the are about 3 inches from my ladies and they work great for the veg and so far flowering too

kalikisu said:
can i use a mecury bulb in a regular lamp? isee one at home depot for a good price or do i have to have a ballast? heres the link to the bulb i see
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100115592&N=10000003+90036+530224

ALL HID lights require a ballast. The ballast wattage and type must match the bulb wattage and type. I couldn't get your link to work. Also, read the site rules on posting links.

im thinking about getting 2 60 watt indoor plant grow lights and add to the lights i already got. i checked lowes and theyre like 6 bucks a piece. think it will make a difference?

hey i put a couple of my babies outside for daylight and will bring them in at night. Do you think this will be beneficial to these plants?

outside 1.jpg

outside 2.jpg

outside 3.jpg

YES this will be beneficial, but keep the same photoperiod hours. Even if you have to bring her in and put her under the light for an extra hour,

Definate stretchng. I have a 5-6 day old that is shorter than your sprout and getting ver bushy.

Trent45 said:
Definate stretchng. I have a 5-6 day old that is shorter than your sprout and getting ver bushy.

i really dont want a tall plant but more of a short fat plant any suggestions?
whats your set up like?

hey i put a couple of my babies outside for daylight and will bring them in at night. Do you think this will be beneficial to these plants?

Depends on what outside conditions are like. If outside conditions differ greatly to indoor conditions, I would say that it would not be beneficial. In fact it could very possibly stress the plant, and not to mention the increased risks of bringing bugs in. I say just leave the plants indoor.

Get your lights right close up. The reason the stalk is growing at such a rapid rate is because it's trying to get the leaves closer to the light source until it can easily take in light and begin photosynthesis.

Try and get them with 2 inches, that way your two primary leaves (little rounded ones) can take in some sunlight to produce some real foliage.

I have 2 wo watt natural light CFL's and a 20 flourescent, seems to be doing well for me.

eh guys and gals i went to lowes and got a hps set up ballast and all for $15 dollars on clearance. its only 70 watts but thats got to be better than just the cfls. eh im hoping for the big grow here. once i hook up my hps will post pics.

You have a good start and your in a good place to learn. If you want more product you need more light. I know a few people on here use a few of those 70w hps and got an ok yield.

I cant wait to up some pics the leaves are looking nice. I was given advice to put my plant in the soil deeper and so far so good. my first set of fan leaves are unfurling on like three or four of my babies. To better show progress i will put up pics later this week.

Im using a 50 watt hps and just recently added a 20 watt cfl and I can pull close to an ounce with 2 plant closet dwc grow 12/12 from seed, right now got a chronics revenge thats 2.5 feet, but I do wish I had more light and Im sure that wish will eventually happen, slow motion is better than no motion!

Latest posts

Back