My leaf sets look like a wav potatochip...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemmongrass

Basil Farmer.
Reaction score
Is this a watering/ph/nute problem, result of stunting, or just a phenotype? 1 whole plant has been like that for along time, and the 5th node on another plant got like that over night. the leaves used to be curled up tight into corkscrews at one point but they straightened out.

Near the center of where the 5 or 9 fingers join they get all waffley/wrinkley/butt hole winking at you-ishness.. im not sure, because its still small, but they newest node may or may not be growing like the rest.

Has anyone had this happen before or know what causes it?

well this is about as good as i can get. i just spent an hour in there because the soap didn't work for my gnat problem. almost every plant looks like its on the verge of like stage 3 cancer. nute burn on one ***** pheno, splotchy yellowing on one, some of the leaves on my younger broader plants look to be curling upwards a bit too... i have every single symptom for everything so i think the larvae totally took over the root system i spent 2 weeks of stunted growth recovering...

020309_0016[01].jpg

020309_0016[00].jpg

020309_0015[00].jpg

yeah im not to sure about the whole soap thing...heh doesnt sound to good imo.but whatever works ya know.i suggest sterilized sand.it really works wonders.now dont take this to heart...i am by no means an expert,but you might wanna give em a day or 2 and see if new growth is fine..if so and problems persist you might want to flush and try again with feeding n such.now if you have a gnat problem i would like to suggest getting some d-earth like kahuna said or some sand as i said.either way your gonna wanna flush then apply the sand/d-earth whichever you get and let the recovery really begin.im sure someone with some more expertise will drop in,they always do.remember this is what i would do to handle something like this,although i never woulda put soap in it =P hope all goes well for ya man and sorry for the lack of knowledge i provided for ya

thanks dude. yea i need to buy a bag. i couldn't remember the name and didn't see it at the grow/brew shop today. soap is a very normal treatment for bugs. even used it in fungus dreams to kill small site contam.

roflnote: those plants are 5wks old. lol. the two in the same pic are both destined to die tho, the rest have doubled in last 2ish weeks.

What I would do is flush the plant with a water solution for as long as it takes for them to start looking healthy, get yourself a ph meter as soon as you can afford i, if possible get one with moisture sensors aswell. This may or may not help your problem but is a good way to start.

it would help seeing is how he is having some kind of problem,so flushing would give a fresh start im assuming and get him back on the right track.also there not destined to die unless there dead man remember that yo.theres always an exit strategy to win the battle and eventually the war =P

i already did flush, the prob with fungus gnats is that flushing just makes them flourish until your pots dry up.. then they are less active until you resume your watering sched then they blow up again. this larvae problem is beyond flushing thats why i got the neem today. i would not be surprised if the ph is off, ill make some tea in the morning and test it. i have 14 color paper strips i used to use for titration that i trust. they have been in a goofy semi stunted stage for a while while i was trying to build up the roots as they got root bound in the initial 1.5weeks. so vert growth has been down cause i have been providing root stimulating hormone(not cloning hormone, a different growth hormone) and root nutes. it worked well as the roots are too the bottom of my bucket as of yesterday(just 1 dangler here and there). i just got a 2pack of liquid ff nutes today.

Latest posts

Back