My new Da Buddha

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mojavemama, BBfan, Jericho, et al.

Leafminer, what are those cannabinoids called, the ones into which the THC breaks down over time? Those add to the high, right. Well, I think that if we're only getting THC, then the buzz will different, and it is. It gets me high, but the dopiness that you get from some pot is gone, no body high, either. The narcotic effect is minimized. Not that I like being paranoid, but that tends to go away also. In short, the vaporizer seems to take the the edge off the stone. However, I just got home from work and am good and high at the moment. It's more of a high than a stone.

I'm not very good at description, but ask specific questions and I'll try to answer. I will say, it doesn't seem to expand the lungs, and already (This could be my imagination) I feel like I can breath better. However, I have never had much breathing, anyway.

Those cannabinois are called cbn and cbd, I believe.

You know, if the temperature is right for vaporizing THC, why can't vaporize the cbn's and cbd's? Also, it seems as though proper ripeness isn't as important, if all you're getting is THC.

I like to use mine before a nap or bedtime.....helps put you down!

You know Alistar, I have been asking the same questions about the cbn's cbd's, I have no way of knowing but I figure they are being vaped too right? It helps the pain so it must not just be thc .... Wonder where we could find that info out? I need studies done. I need to know. lol

Is this the one.

hxxp://www.vaporizers.ca/product.php/product_id/806

Ok, I did some research which there doesn't seem to be a lot of. I found three studies. The bottom line is: .
"CBN is produced from THC via chemical oxidation, and a vaporizer would allow for more oxygen production than a flame would."

so, according to what I read if I understood it right, vapes have a higher concentration of cnb's and thc then burned leaf (smoking)
Very interesting stuff, wish we could have a MP study. Evidently it is hard getting lab's to do the studies as they don't want to be know as "that kind" of lab..Oh brother, grow up and help people with pain and the folks that just want to get their head bad!!!!

Thanks, Rosebud. You know, last night before bed I had a real good buzz. So, perhaps it will take awhile to adjust. I do miss the smoke, though.

I was under the impression that they didn't get vaporized, but it didn't make sense. I was real skeptical, so going into it with that attitude makes it harder to enjoy the buzz. Time will tell, and so will I after I've used it for a bit longer.

At first I was thinking those that enjoyed their vaporizers didn't smoke as much as much as I do, but I know I must be mistaken on that one.

Chef, it helps put you down, huh? I feel the buzz is less dopey. Oh well, I'll do some more experimenting.

Oh, I know how you feel I think. I love smoking, quit ciggs over a year ago and i love the smoking part, but after using the vape a month, eveything else tastes bad, even a joint. i am even thinking about getting another one, looking at the vapir no2..portable and quiet. We will see.

I dunno bout you guys The thing I love about vapes is I use about a quarter the amount of weed which I would need to smoke to get the same high. Is that about right for u guys too?

When you all vape, do you notice the difference in buzz from one strain to the next as you do when you smoke?

I've discovered that the bowl must be well packed in order for it to vaporize efficiently. I know that makes sense, but at first I wasn't packing well enough and it was taking longer to finish a bowl.

I just smoked the weakest of my three strains and it seems better with the vaporizer; it seems to get me higher. The same strain, and it seems better.

I'm glad I stuck it out. After my first day I wanted to fire up a joint. But, this being my third day, I'm getting better at it and I'm getting higher.

Blancolighter, I've been using more pot than usual, but I think that has a lot to do with the fun of using a new toy. However, it also has to do with my skeptical outlook. My outlook is great at the moment, because this gave me a great buzz!

Mebeafarmer, At first, it was taking forever to smoke enough to get high. It took a long time for each bowl. But, once I packed them tighter and turned up the temperature (without burning the weed), the process sped up a lot. At first, I was turned off by the amount of time it was taking to get high. But now, I've got it down so it takes a normal amount of time.

More testing in the days to come. After several weeks I should be liking it. Oh yeah, the buzz lasts every bit as long as smoked weed.

Another thing: Do you guys actually use the vaped weed for cooking, and it gets you stoned?

I'll report back tomorrow. Thanks for all the input.

Alistair said:
Thanks Mojavemama, BBfan, Jericho, et al.

Leafminer, what are those cannabinoids called, the ones into which the THC breaks down over time? Those add to the high, right. Well, I think that if we're only getting THC, then the buzz will different, and it is. It gets me high, but the dopiness that you get from some pot is gone, no body high, either. The narcotic effect is minimized. Not that I like being paranoid, but that tends to go away also. In short, the vaporizer seems to take the the edge off the stone. However, I just got home from work and am good and high at the moment. It's more of a high than a stone.

I'm not very good at description, but ask specific questions and I'll try to answer. I will say, it doesn't seem to expand the lungs, and already (This could be my imagination) I feel like I can breath better. However, I have never had much breathing, anyway.

Those cannabinois are called cbn and cbd, I believe.

You know, if the temperature is right for vaporizing THC, why can't vaporize the cbn's and cbd's? Also, it seems as though proper ripeness isn't as important, if all you're getting is THC.

Thanks Alistair, much appreciated. I have been mulling over buying one of those things to spare my lungs. What you tell me makes that less likely - I love the body stone, have trouble sleeping often and am always looking for the perfect hit for that.
What you describe sounds more like the effect I get if I have to harvest early, when the trichs are clear.

Don't give up leafmier. After vaping for one month my taste buds are back. I rolled a joint and it tasted like burning paper. I was disappointed as I love to smoke, I love to smoke joints. I would smoke ciggs if I could.

I was very skeptical too Alistar.

I do get more loaded on the vape. I don't think a vaporizer can change the stone from a couch lock to an up high. I smoke my morning and my evening in it. My jack at night was flowered longer and it works well on the body and pain at night. If I vaped it in the morning I would sit and drool all day, so don't do that.
Since studies (barely 3) show that the cbns and cbd's are very much vaped, then I think were good. my 1 cent. Lets all take a vape. oops, i already did that.

Yeah, Leafminer, that's my opinion. It seems less dopey to me.

Rosebud, my sense of taste might come back too. Perhaps I'm wrong about that; it just seems less dopey to me.

Okay, thanks a lot, mebeaframer.

If the vaporizer vaporizes the THC, CBN, and CBD as well, then why do the edibles still contain enough to get you high?

No, I'm not going to throw it away. I've got to try that.

Alistair said:
Okay, thanks a lot, mebeaframer.

If the vaporizer vaporizes the THC, CBN, and CBD as well, then why do the edibles still contain enough to get you high?

No, I'm not going to throw it away. I've got to try that.

That's what I was wondering...........

BBFan said:
That's what I was wondering...........

I got my Da Buddha a couple weeks ago; saving all my vaped weed too. Like RoseBud et al said, it's a different buzz.. but trying to figure out the how and why of it is a different story :)

And, funny to read from others' too, but I also quit smoking cigs about 13 days ago. I do miss smoking cigs and rolling a doob helps from time to time - I'm on that Chantix drug, but I had to dial it down to one a day. Now, the only thing is sticking to it(!).

With the vape I find I wanna get high all the time, but this might have something to do with cigs too - 40 years is a long time to be a smoker.

Anyway, this is a great thread and I appreciate learning of other's experiences as well.

Cheers,

Okay, thanks again. I don't know, though; I keep on vaping until I get no vapor. However, I do know what you mean, if you keep on trying after the bowl is basically spent, you can still get vapor, but it's hard.

Today, after four days straight of vaping, I went to my brother's house and didn't bring Da Buddha. So, we smoked a joint. I believe I was too critical of the vaporizer high at first. It is different, but probably just as good as smoking. At any rate, I'm going to continue using the vaporizer.

Moto-Man said:
I got my Da Buddha a couple weeks ago; saving all my vaped weed too. Like RoseBud et al said, it's a different buzz.. but trying to figure out the how and why of it is a different story :)

And, funny to read from others' too, but I also quit smoking cigs about 13 days ago. I do miss smoking cigs and rolling a doob helps from time to time - I'm on that Chantix drug, but I had to dial it down to one a day. Now, the only thing is sticking to it(!).

With the vape I find I wanna get high all the time, but this might have something to do with cigs too - 40 years is a long time to be a smoker.

Anyway, this is a great thread and I appreciate learning of other's experiences as well.

Cheers,
I quit smoking cigs 4 years ago in january. I was smokin 2 packs of marb lights a day. I found that my weed smoking doubled within the first month of quitting. It was kind of a pacifier if you will.Now I smell a cig after I get baked and 75 percent of the time it stinks,though theres always that 25 percent of the time that it smells so good I want a drag. Its ok to smoke more weed because I am able to grow it and its nearly free. I don't think my wife would like if I tilled me a tobacco field out back.

I usually can tell if it is spent by the taste of the vapor. Gets a dry stale like taste, at least this is where I repack:)

With the vape I find I wanna get high all the time, but this might have something to do with cigs too - 40 years is a long time to be a smoker.Moto

MMan, that is a long time to smoke, congratulations for going off of them.Keep it up and vape away. I wanna get high all the time lately too, but it isn't the cigs.

Congrtsto you too frankos.

Alistar, how did the joint taste?

Rosebud, the joint tasted fine. It was you who said that you no longer liked the taste of a joint after having vaped? I imagine that a couple times a week, when I visit friends, I'll smoke; but apart from that, I believe my smoking days are over. I'll let you know if I no longer like the taste.

Latest posts

Back