My new Da Buddha

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alistair

Reaction score
Hey there, MPers. I'm presently learning how to use my new vaporizer.

First, it arrived Tuesday afternoon right before I left for work. I got off work and opened the package only to discover the heating cover was busted (Yes, I was torqued!).

Today, I received the replacement heater cover. I had some small difficulty fitting it over the heating element, but got it in there. It is a little loose. Is it supposed to be loose? I think a little play is acceptable.

I'm able to hook up the wand to it, but cannot get the tubing to fit in. So, I'm drawing directly from the wand. The tubing seems too big. How do you get it to fit?

I'm presently stoned vaping it. Not a bad buzz, but it will take some adjustment. I can't seem to determine how high I am, but I'd have to say that I'm ripped. It takes awhile to vape a small amount of material, so it takes awhile to vape enough to get wasted, but I think I'm getting there.

If anyone can answer my questions, your help would be much appreciated.

Alisatir

Hey allstair, got a pic? I gave up my vaporizer a while back. I never could get used to the plastic tubing taste, kind of ruined the experience for me.

"Today, I received the replacement heater cover. I had some small difficulty fitting it over the heating element, but got it in there. It is a little loose. Is it supposed to be loose? I think a little play is acceptable."

Yea you want it a little loose just so it doesn't stick, and so the heat doesnt transfer from the heating element straight into the glass. I assume you are talking about the glass part you put your MJ in that is connected to the tube which you inhale from?
EDIT: or are you talking about the part that heats up, conencted to the actual vaporizer? I'm confused because I have seen a few different models.

Yes pic please...not sure about what part is loose.

Congrats Alistair :woohoo:

Bummer on the heater cover.

There should be 2 small round shims that hold the cover tight. They are real small.

Wet the tubing and it should slide in.

Pcduck has a beautiful tubing solution, but if lube doesnt do the trick, you can always just get a new tube. I went to Home Depot and they have all kinda tubing in there, just took my piece and discretely tried fitting it in the tubes till i got a good fit, then I bought 10 feet of the stuff. Eventually the tubing will gum up and you'll want to replace it, so it helps to keep some extra around. also I like to have my tubing a bit longer, so i can hit the vape from anywhere on my couches...

blancolighter said:
I bought 10 feet of the stuff. Eventually the tubing will gum up and you'll want to replace it, so it helps to keep some extra around. also I like to have my tubing a bit longer, so i can hit the vape from anywhere on my couches...

Now that's some good advice! Someone that wants to be able to extend his smoking implement to himself rather than move. It makes me weep, a smoker with a heart like mine.

Alistair I have found with use that my tubing shrinks where it attaches to the wand, making it not quite as tight of fit.

SensiStarFan said:
Now that's some good advice! Someone that wants to be able to extend his smoking implement to himself rather than move. It makes me weep, a smoker with a heart like mine.

I don't mean to turn intensify your weeping the SSF, but it's usually the sensi star in my vape...

Here, I think my vape tube might reach ya! :bongin: damn, wheres the vape smiley???

Thanks mebeafarmer. Well, I must say I'm a bit confused . Okay, first, when I received the vaporizer with busted cover, I removed the bottom half from the base by pulling straight up. A half cylinder, or sleeve fell out. It is identical to the one in your pics. Second, when I received the replacement cover, it came with a full cylinder, exactly as yours. After some help from a friend, the complete sleeve(cylinder) was placed on the metal base(The base itself is encased in metal, not removable). After putting the sleeve on the metal base from which the ceramic heating element protrudes, I carefully put the cover on by twisting from left to right while pushing down. I got it on snug now. One thing though: The third, half cylinder piece, wasn't used, and wasn't needed.

I just readjusted the heating cover by pushing it down a bit deeper to match your picture. In your picture, the very last one before the bud pics, the element is barley visible. A few minutes ago, the element wasn't visible from a direct view, and it might have been what was giving me problems vaporizing. I had the ground-glass end of the cover perfectly centered in the hole where you connect the wand. I thought it was best that way, but perhaps the element needs to stick up a bit more. That is why I pushed the cover down.

Your tutorial is very good and much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Hey, could you show me how to connect the tubing? I tried sticking it inside of the wand, then I tried stretching it to fit on the outside. Likewise, how do you fit the mouthpiece onto the tubing? I think there might be some pics on this site of a completely assembled Da Buddha, but if you would kindly show a few more pics, it would help out.

I'm presently trying to figure this thing out. I'm doing so much experimenting that I'm getting pretty messed up. Hey, how thick should the vapor be? Is it supposed to be thick and smoky-looking? I can't always get it to do that.

Oh well, enough for now.

Congratulations on your new vape Alistar!! I have used mine for a month now and love it. It is a different high I think. Don't know why that is, but it is fun. Took me a week to get the hang of it. Mine is not the da buddah though. Peeps around here love that one. Enjoy.

Thanks for the giggle SensiStarFan.

Thanks for all your replies.

I ended up putting a drop of oil on the tubing and slid it inside the wand. The other end of the tubing easily fit over the mouthpiece.

WTG! Coulda just liked the end of the tubing.......the mouthpiece is supposed to fit inside the tubing i think! Congrats!

Yeah, I noticed that too, temperature and the draw speed. I found that the thing worked way better once I attached the tubing and mouthpiece. I could kick back and slowly draw, watching the vapor flowing like a river.

Next, I need to adjust to the new buzz. I hope I can. It does get you high, but there's a component to the buzz that seems to be missing. For right now though, I'll put up with that, because I want to give the lungs a break. I figure smoking a couple joints a week when I'm with my friends a couple of times a week should be enough smoke. Plus, the edibles to be made from the leftovers should balance everything out.

For those who aren't mechanically inclined a detailed instruction booklet would be useful. The instructions that came with the vaporizer aren't detailed. Did any of you get decent instructions on how to put it together?

This is the only instructions i could find on the web. From what i read so far it only comes with basic instructions.

hXXp://www.metacafe.com/watch/4916153/da_buddha_vaporizer_quick_start_guide/

A tip for the fixing the pipe to the wand if its stiff is to put it in a glass of boiling water for a couple seconds to soften it.

Oh, wish I'd been here yesterday. I use the daBuddha exclusively, and I break that piece all the time, that and the whip, gets caught on my wheelchair and I swing around and break it at least once a month. I swear they now send me a standing order knowing I'll be writing each month saying, "Yeahh, I did it again!"

Now the hose--I don't like. Too stiff for me. Never had a problem getting it in, though. Try a little saliva or heck, astroglide works too (lol) and just suck on the end of hose the push it in while you sort of twist it into the whip. Wiggle the hose a little bit. I promise it will go in! But there are better hoses you can get online if you want. I get the surgical grade rubber ones, as they are way more flexible and I can order it longer. It's way better.

As for the metal sleeves, yes a new one comes with every replacement. It should be snug, not loose. Not super tight, but snug.

As for the "Sweet spot" depends on the wetness of the herb. If it's pretty wet, try your setting about 12:00 position. Then if you see smoke in the whip, it's too hot. It's starting to combust. Take it back down a tiny bit, until you're at about 11:56. I often start out with wetter herb at 12:00, then back it down in a couple of tokes once it dries out. I actually put marks on my machine so I can match them up. Now that I've done it a bit, I can find the "Sweet spot" almost immediately on any herb. I can feel it before it goes it and almost know what it's going to need to give vapor and not smoke.

Good luck! It's a great unit and I hope you like it as much as I do.

Seems there's a lot of experts here. Great reading!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts once you get it dialed in Ali!

After this thread i think the next thing on my list is a Da Buddha hehe. I have been wanting to stop smoking tobacco for ages but i use it in my Js, Will be great to get this to come off it completely using a vap. Effects of 10 years of smoking is already playing havok on my lungs, god knows what another 10 would do.

Thanks for all the great info in the thread Alistair & all

Alistair, what 'component' is missing? Could you explain a little more? Tks/

Latest posts

Back