my new hydro kit!! : )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HydrO PasSiOn

MP NEWS ANCHOR
Reaction score
Lights
Low heat dual spectrum (blue and red spectums) lighting system includes two lights, one vegetative and one flowering light. Together they produce an awesome amount of lumens in a concentrated area with a complete light spectrum suitable for any type of plant in any phase of growth. A boosted red spectrum light adds more lumens to encourage massive flower formation.

Included are two rugged, rounded parabolic reflectors. They are fully assembled and completely wired with a manual switch. Each reflector has a spring clip that make mounting them just about anywhere very easy.

Bubbleponic Base System
Provides a 6 gallon reservoir of nutrient solution. Use the six gallon line for easy measuring and adding of nutrient mix. The tight lid houses six four inch net pots with feeder hoses attached.

Six 4 Inch Net Pots
Strong and flexible net pots for repeated use.
Flowering Timer
Included is a flowering timer. When the time for flowering arrives use the timer to automatically manage the light period and dark period cycles.

200 gal/hour Pump w/ Feed Tubing
Powerful and durable pump ensures rapid circulation of nutrient solution.

Air Pump w/ 4 inch Bubble Disk & Tubing
A durable air pump feeds air to the nutrient solution via the huge 4 inch bubble disk, infusing the solution with tiny life giving bubbles, which get fed directly to the root zone.
Month Series of Stealth Hydro Nutrient Powders
"Fire and forget" style feeding with Stealth Grow, Stealth Bloom and Stealth Micro individually sized nutrient packets which eliminate the need for measuring. Simply fill the reservoir bucket to the indicated line with water, and add the required feeding packet. Furthermore, Stealth Grow, Bloom and Micro automatically pH balance for 98% of all household water types. This nutrient mix is specifically formulated for use with SH bubbleponic and SH dual spectrum lighting systems.
pH Control kit
As plants grow they extract nutrients from the reservior, in doing so, raise the potential hydrogen (pH) of the solution. This is particularly pronounced with large plants. Use the Stealth Hydro pH Contol Kit to manage pH levels.

The included 80 pH strips have a dual test indication, delivering super accurate results. These are not the cheap litmus paper style strips most other places try to sell you.
kitpart_7.jpg
transpacer.gif
Six Rockwool Cubes
Rockwool cubes are the ideal medium for starting seedlings or cuttings.
kitpart_8.jpg
transpacer.gif
Hydroton Grow Rocks
Simply one of the best grow mediums on the market. It is clean, pH neutral, pH stable and perfect for bubbleponic systems.
transpacer.gif
Instructional Manual & Grow Guide
Think we'd leave you hanging with all of this equipment? No way man, we're going to make it as easy as humanly possible to help you through this experience; after all we want you telling you friends how awesome our system works. In the manual we'll walk you through each growth phase; how and when to apply the nutrient packs. Explain how the lights work and how to set them up to maximize their potential. We'll let you in on some of our green thumb tricks and give you a head start with our years of experience.TWO
3-way Adapter Extension Cords
We provide you with two multi-adapter extension cords, one for the lights and the other for the bubbler and pump. You're gonna need 'em, so we threw them in to make it easy as possible.

dro.jpg

droo.jpg

HydrO PasSiOn said:
Lights
Low heat dual spectrum (blue and red spectums) lighting system includes two lights, one vegetative and one flowering light. Together they produce an awesome amount of lumens in a concentrated area with a complete light spectrum suitable for any type of plant in any phase of growth. A boosted red spectrum light adds more lumens to encourage massive flower formation.

Included are two rugged, rounded parabolic reflectors. They are fully assembled and completely wired with a manual switch. Each reflector has a spring clip that make mounting them just about anywhere very easy.

Bubbleponic Base System
Provides a 6 gallon reservoir of nutrient solution. Use the six gallon line for easy measuring and adding of nutrient mix. The tight lid houses six four inch net pots with feeder hoses attached.

Six 4 Inch Net Pots
Strong and flexible net pots for repeated use.
Flowering Timer
Included is a flowering timer. When the time for flowering arrives use the timer to automatically manage the light period and dark period cycles.

200 gal/hour Pump w/ Feed Tubing
Powerful and durable pump ensures rapid circulation of nutrient solution.

Air Pump w/ 4 inch Bubble Disk & Tubing
A durable air pump feeds air to the nutrient solution via the huge 4 inch bubble disk, infusing the solution with tiny life giving bubbles, which get fed directly to the root zone.
Month Series of Stealth Hydro Nutrient Powders
"Fire and forget" style feeding with Stealth Grow, Stealth Bloom and Stealth Micro individually sized nutrient packets which eliminate the need for measuring. Simply fill the reservoir bucket to the indicated line with water, and add the required feeding packet. Furthermore, Stealth Grow, Bloom and Micro automatically pH balance for 98% of all household water types. This nutrient mix is specifically formulated for use with SH bubbleponic and SH dual spectrum lighting systems.
pH Control kit
As plants grow they extract nutrients from the reservior, in doing so, raise the potential hydrogen (pH) of the solution. This is particularly pronounced with large plants. Use the Stealth Hydro pH Contol Kit to manage pH levels.

The included 80 pH strips have a dual test indication, delivering super accurate results. These are not the cheap litmus paper style strips most other places try to sell you.
kitpart_7.jpg
transpacer.gif
Six Rockwool Cubes
Rockwool cubes are the ideal medium for starting seedlings or cuttings.
kitpart_8.jpg
transpacer.gif
Hydroton Grow Rocks
Simply one of the best grow mediums on the market. It is clean, pH neutral, pH stable and perfect for bubbleponic systems.
transpacer.gif
Instructional Manual & Grow Guide
Think we'd leave you hanging with all of this equipment? No way man, we're going to make it as easy as humanly possible to help you through this experience; after all we want you telling you friends how awesome our system works. In the manual we'll walk you through each growth phase; how and when to apply the nutrient packs. Explain how the lights work and how to set them up to maximize their potential. We'll let you in on some of our green thumb tricks and give you a head start with our years of experience.TWO
3-way Adapter Extension Cords
We provide you with two multi-adapter extension cords, one for the lights and the other for the bubbler and pump. You're gonna need 'em, so we threw them in to make it easy as possible.

Well HP that was my very first system...It is by all means a piece of crap worth about $40.00 and I could build one today in one hour for exactly that much and it would work better.

BUT before you think I'm slamming it or you I want you to know it started me on a wonderful trip into cultivation, hydroponics and a grow room that is 13.5 feet by 12.5 feet and I grow about 25-30 full sized mommas today. Only that system is not what I use by any means...it's been bastardized

So in a way it did me a lot of good.

So here the real deal.

The instructions are on a CD and easy to =understand, the pump is just adequate and you should check it often to see if it is still pumping. The drip are only straight open tubing and is hubbed together in a 6 tap drip converter, it will plug up a lot so keep an eye on it. Add an air stone to the res it helps a ton. Don't use their nutes throw them away really throw them away they are plant killer, well no don't throw it away it make good weed killer :) . The lights are as cheap as cheap can get but I will tell you I now use several of the spiral CF of 105 watt for my clone and mother area and I got 1 of the bulbs from my kit (an 85 watt) and they work great, the other bulb that came with it burned out in a month and they don't warranty the bulbs, they charge about $50 for them I can get better ones for 1/2 that price now. where the tube attaches to the pump put a clamp on it, they don't and after a week in the water it slip off if your in the other room and sneeze.

Good luck and keep the faith.

Well HP, DLA just said everything I would have said to you... and have said. BUT, this system is great for you to get your feet wet and for you to just start playing with hydro in. See how all the components work together themselves before you decide yourself you wanna upgrade anything... like the air pump. Good work though man and keep pics coming along with any new growth you start with. looks great so far for you!

HydrO PasSiOn said:
stealthhydro.com 179.99 plus shipping
WHOA!!! You know, for around the same price you could have bought a 400w hps for about $120 and those hydro setups are on ebay for about $50;). I think you overpayed but it still looks like a cool setup.

thanks for all the input guys. even tho i feel like a retard buying this thing already lol but its to late so ill with what i got and hopefully ill make you guys proud including myself : )

quick question... this kit comes with 4inch net pots which seems pretty small. do you think i can grow some decent size plants in it? or will the pots limit the size?

Haha, I just looked at the pic and read the description on the site and I thought to myself, "Wow, those pots are a lot larger than they have to be." I use 3" pots and They don't even have to be that large. I think the next DWCs I make I will use 2" net pots. The roots do not stay in the net pots, they reach into the water, therefore the size of the pots really only needs to be large enough to fit your rock wool cube into. Soil and Hydro are very different as you will find out for yourself if you ever have some dirt fun.

yes i grew in soil twice. wow. i keep hearing there both so different (soil and hydro) which do you enjoy more? and for what reason? i just called the company because my kit was supposed to arrive today and they said there shipping it out today because they got new mainifold parts and stuff the the hub and things like that. hopefully that will solve some of the problems you guys said this kit came with. what ya think?

I think you should call them and have your order cancelled... I can tell you how to build something very similar for under $100.

Both are so great in their own way. If you want to be more passive with growing and let it do more of its own thing then growing sol is the way to go... And growing with autoflowering strains with soil would really make your presence unneeded. I swear by hydro though. It isn't as messy... Every time I water my soil grows I need to make sure I didn't over water so water goes all over the floor. I hate that!:mad: Hydro is also so much faster. They nutrients are so readily available. It does take more of a watchful eye but I love that. I makes me feel as if I am growing them... not them growing themselves. I have been working with soil for almost a month now and I really don't think I will have to use an organic tea once on my lowryders becuase of my soil mix. I feel so neglectful!:eek:

Let me get my camera and some supplies together. See if you can cancel that order. Go to Walmart and pick up a rubbermaid container... pick the size that best fits your area. If your container is clear we have to get some spray paint so the light won't get to the roots or promote algae growth. There is specific spray paint made for plastics. I like to use black and white. I first lay down three coats of black and then one coat of white... so it won't absorb heat. Next go to the fish area and get yourself an air pump. I like the tetra pumps with dual outlets. It costs $20 and I use one for each reservoir. I also use two 12" air stones I believe. Any will work, just make sure they aren't too large for your res. Also get some 1/4" tubing for hooking up your stones.

That is it for walmart. I go to my local hydro shop and get 3" net pots and my "drainage system". I use the WATER FARM drain system. It is a rubber piece that is popped into a 13/16" hole with a plastic piece inside of that. Tough for words to explain that is why there are pictures. That plastic piece has a 1/2" hose connected to it. I don't spend $15 on it, I buy the parts for $2 made by Water Farm. This is optional if you can not find the exact parts. But it is 100% leak proof and makes it really easy to drain the system.

So you need a drill, 1/4" bit for the air tubing, 3" "bit" for the net pots, 13/16" bit for the drain hole and an some time. It is really super easy and I can build another with you later if you want... Step by step... Pic for Pic. I hope this is everything and if something isn't clear let me know man.

DC070323002.jpg

DC070323003.jpg

DC070323001.jpg

aghhh! DLtoker thanks for the info bro. but how would i get all the plants fed? wouldnt i need a hub and stuff like that? i dont know how id get a drip

Drips are not necessary at all. I actually was using them for a few months but they were more of a hassle than they were worth. They clogged up on me every two weeks. Pathetic. If you really wanted a drip system, you can just pick up a small pump from a hydro store, pet store, probably even home depot. This is the system I use and it works fantastic. The most import piece of this system, or and DWC system is the amount of aeration you provide. I have seen Kade say the same thing I believe. I am not trying to steer you in the wrong direction man. Everyone has their opinions. Something may work better for one person than another. This system does work though. I wouldn't build them for myself if they didn't;)

yes i know you wouldnt try to steer me in the wrong direction and your tryin to help. thats why im listening : ). ill try to make it up to some hardware and hydro stores either today or tomarrow and see what i can get my hands on to and ill keep you updated if i decide to build another kit. i was thinking maybe connecting the two kits together (the bubbleponics and the one i will build.) any advice on going about that DL??

hey bombbudpuffa whats up? yeah i ordered the on at the top of my thread. should be here tuesday bro. it is my first hydro kit and i felt im not educated enough to build my own lol but the way it sounds im a dumby cause i can! lol but i guess it saves me the labor and its ready to go. im just pissed because i bought a 250mh ballast and its RAW which means i still need to housing for it, the mogul socket, and power cord. and around here i cant find no stores that carry either! so i mihgt just return it and put the 90 dollars back in my wallet and try something else.

Latest posts

Back