my organic outdoor grow journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookie

is delicious
Reaction score
so right now they aren't outdoors. but they will be. as of now, im waiting to see how many more will germinate. i had never seen the peat starters im using *not peat in general, just this stuff* apparently its specially formulated for starting tomatoes so its a tinsy bit acidic. i found it at a little nursery run by hippies a few miles down the road. i think they knew why i was interested in it :) especially since they made it a point to mention how awesome it is for starting plants that like their soil a bit on the tangy side. they mix it up themselves so sadly its not available to everyone. anyway, my new babies are living in front of my super sunny bedroom window and since i dont have class tomorrow i'll be spending the morning making a reflector screen to go behind them to make sure they get all the light they want. when they're a little bigger i'll be moving them to small pots *maybe next week* untill they get big enough to go outside. so far about 25 have germinated and that may be all that are going to but i'll just have to wait and see. i had 3 surprise new ones today so theres no telling what will happen just yet

3.19.08.JPG

3.19.08 (3).JPG

3.19.08 (4).JPG

3.19.08 (5).JPG

update already! this demon named radium is no longer allowed in my room until the plants go outside. i just caught her trying to nibble one. i checked them over and they're all there and uneaten but this behavior will not be tolerated from house cats. if she can't resist trying to eat my plants she'll just have to stay out of my room. she'll pout and ignore me for a while but its in everyones best interest.

IMGP0016 (2).JPG

sadly she is the most hard-headed cat on earth. the squirt guns dont keep her off of the kitchen table, my sewing machine, the cabinets under the sink *we have child-locks as well she still gets in there, no idea how cause i cant ever catch her at it* or out of the pantry. she's the sweetest cat ive ever had but she insists on doing things her own way and anyone that doesnt like it can go hang as for all she cares. so locking her out is really my only option. im pretty sure she cant work door knobs but really im not even certain of that. its funny that she'd try to eat them because she doesnt like to get high. she waits till im done before comming over to snuggle. sometimes animals have entirely to much personality for their own good.

yes they do animals always keep you on your toes

my cat got lost for 5-7 hours one day so we thought

and we ended up finding her in a cabinet above our fridge meowing because

she couldnt get out

cool...i keep a couple outdoors in my organic garden as well ;)

are you going to grow these on your property?

i'll be planting soon.

i have 4 different site picked out in about a 1mile radius from my apt. i'll be planting 6 or so at each site. and i'll be keeping track of which site does best since they're all so topographically different. for instance on is up on the mountain by a stand of pines and another is down in a bit of a valley by a stream. the site farthest away *the pines* is about a 45min hike up the moutain. but i'll have to wait for the weather to stable out for a while yet. we've been know to get snow at late as the end of march so i'll just have to wait it out. example: its been nice the last few days if you ignore the rain but it was snowing last week. i cant wait till i get to take them outside. im excited about it so it feels like its taking a million years! gah! i get impatient but i refuse to give in and try to rush things.

Sounds fun GREEN MOJO YOUR WAY COOKIE

well you got some balls girl....thats a lot of plants within 1 mile of apts. coursei live in town and when i think apts i think hundreds of inhabitants! LOL anyone else hiking round there? might want to stay waaaaaaaay clear of any trails.

matter of fact i would recommend you split them up further and visit them only once every 2 weeks or less. say 4 plant groupings and get some soilmoist to prolong between waterings. maybe also walk with a book of some sort so you have an alibi. i don't know how they got here...i just come up here to read and happened to smell, stumble, see etc......blah blah lie lie.
sounds like you got time to sex them also. def do that.......

good luck! keep it green

allgrownup said:
well you got some balls girl....thats a lot of plants within 1 mile of apts. coursei live in town and when i think apts i think hundreds of inhabitants! LOL anyone else hiking round there? might want to stay waaaaaaaay clear of any trails.

matter of fact i would recommend you split them up further and visit them only once every 2 weeks or less. say 4 plant groupings and get some soilmoist to prolong between waterings. maybe also walk with a book of some sort so you have an alibi. i don't know how they got here...i just come up here to read and happened to smell, stumble, see etc......blah blah lie lie.
sounds like you got time to sex them also. def do that.......

good luck! keep it green

when i say apartments there are only 3 with a combined population of 7 people. no one but me really goes hiking anywhere up here. there are no trails and i pretty much always have a gallon of water, at least 2 books, my sketch pad and pencils and most of the time my knitting as well. this place is used to me tromping all over carrying all kinds of weird ****. actually they're used to me carrying plants around as well since i spent a lot of last summer trying to start new raspberry stands out in one of the fields down the road. lol. but dont worry, i wont be carrying a flat of pot plants down our one road at noon waving at traffic :)

mmm i would hate not seeing my babies every morning

but i hear outdoor produces some dankity dank lol

mucho greeno to you they will grow to be healthy women

in the great outdoors

update! they're getting so tall. and you can see the 4 surprise new ones in the pics. they werent supposed to happen lol. no problem though. just means more bud for me. hehe. and thats never a problem. i'll start moving them to bigger containers probably tomorrow seeing as how tall theyre getting. its like having a really tiny forest in my bedroom. lol. anyway, here ya go.

3.22.08.JPG

3.22.08 (7).JPG

3.22.14.JPG

3.22.16.JPG

3.22.19.JPG

3.22.22.JPG

3.22.23.JPG

Those babies are tall!

Good luck with the grow Cookie, sounds like fun!

There looking good cookie! you may want to put them under some more light though there getting alittle strectched haha.....buy like 3-4 cfl's and maybe a computer fan until there put outside, But keep it up ill def. be keeping up with this! For the shorties! haha :)

i have a little light my sis got me for my bday thats big enough for 1, maybe 2 bigger plants or a bunch of little ones like i have... its still in my closet. well i think thats where its at. might be the basement... i'll be pulling that out tomorrow when i transplant the bigger ones. i think i may give a couple of the indoor extras to my sisters. there should be more than enough for outside and at least 2 indoor for the 3 of us. lol. best present ever.

don't sweat it about the stretch, cookie...

just give them little support posts for now...toothpicks... whatever... just when you transplant them to outside, or even into bigger pots, just bury it a little higher up the stem to eliminate some of the stretch... fixed :hubba:

Definitely go with what vancouver said. When you do transplant them outside, bury all that extra stem into the ground. All that stem will grow roots if it's buried in soil. I can't wait to see some more pics in the near future. They are going to be some very nice plants it looks like. I wish you the best of luck and make sure to be careful my friend. Take care.

i'll def be keeping that in mind when i do the first transplant tomorrow. :) yay! they're moving to 20oz bottles with the tops cut off. cheap and easily available in my kitchen. i'll just have to remember to get some small rocks to put over drainage holes and everything should be fine :) thanks guys. i'll put another few pics when i get them moved.

Latest posts

Back