my organic outdoor grow journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*update* well i got them moved... i didnt have a tray big enough to hold all the bottles so i used the next best thing. a huge plastic tray i just happened to find in my basement. the soil is from the woods behind the church next door. tons of wild roses grow back there so i figured the acidity level should be about right and since the roses havent started to really come back yet the dirt should be awesome after the winter. i tested it anyway and it was a lovely 6.3. i like being right. :) there are small rocks (made sure to wash the salt off) over the drainage holes and i also got some moss to help hold in moisture. but the plants seem to be defying me. since i moved them, they look and feel stronger but they refuse to stand upright, and i have most of them supported. they're not limp and wilty, they just dont want to stand up... :( my camera battery is dead so i'll be posting the pics in an hour or so after it carges. when you see them, if anyone has a suggestion to get them to behave, it would be most appreciated.

so here's the newest pictures of my babies. the moss around them was pulled from the same place i got the soil. before i put it down though all of it got a good dunking in some organic pesticide and fungicide i made. i didnt want them to get bugs or anything. no need to rinse, i just let it dry on a paper towel then put it around the plants. and that stuff freezes to so i'll have plenty later when i might need it.

the pesticide is 1 whole garlic bulb and 3 habanjero peppers thrown in the blender. let it sit overnight then mix with 1-1.5 gal. of water.

the fungicide is 4tbsp of baking soda and 1tsp of dawn (any really gentle dish soap will work) and mix it all in a gallon of water. it takes care of black spot, mildew and quite a few others.

you can see where i have the taller ones propped up some even lightly tied but there are still a few that seem to want to grow sideways... ive been trying to train them but theyre having none of it. suggestions? or should i not worry about it. ive never had any do that. like i said, none of them are wilty and they all look healthy they just dont seem to have any intentions of doing what i want them to... grrr... the little stakes you see are actually my double pointed knitting needles i use to make socks.

IMGP0059.JPG

IMGP0062.JPG

IMGP0063.JPG

IMGP0064.JPG

IMGP0066.JPG

IMGP0067.JPG

IMGP0068.JPG

Yeah some DR Pepper MJ that would be a good tasting bud i would say. Hope your seedlings grow to great heights and get massive colas

Looking good so far id still think of getting them in the soil a bit farther so you can eliminate some of that stretch as for the cat i have my own little ball of fur that loves to go in and try to eat my plants, if the water gun isn't working like it should go for and air-soft i have a full auto mini-mp-5 shoots about 10 rounds a second and mine learned her lesson after the first try with it, now all i have to do is pick it up and shake it and shes in the wind ;) MO JO for the grow.

they're all planted at least 3 inches down and what seemed like a good depth 2 days ago no longer seems to be enough. they just keep getting taller and taller. its kind of ridiculous. ive never had plants with this much strech and i have no clue how to slow it down without stunting all of the growth which i do not want to do! it needs to hurry up and get warm enough to move them. now. because im running out of bigger containers to put them in and (more importantly) space for those containers. i practically had to build a shelf infront of my window just to hold them after i moved them the other day. it kind of makes me want to rip my hair out.

but at least i know that i'll have to top them when the time comes. probably will have to more than once because lets face it, dragging a ladder around might draw some questions. lol im short so i'd like to be able to actually reach my plants when they make it outside.

'morning, cookie...

a few thoughts floating around in my head...

this "problem" with the stretching you seem to be having... more than likely, it's caused by not enough light... the light you have on them may not be powerful enough and/or it's too far away.

I also noticed... you have the little seedlings in pots far larger than they need to be - in those 2L pop bottles, they only need about 4" of that bottle to allow them to grow to be like 2'....

one more comment... you have them all in their own pots, right?... otherwise, rooting out the males is going to be almost impossible without disturbing the others. if they aren't already all segregated, you should re-transplant... and into smaller containers IMO...

just bury them deeper again when you transplant

don't mean to be a downer... just thinking out loud....:)

it doesnt matter now... :( im sitting in bed crying because i went out to get cigs and help a friend move some boxes. i got back to find 25 of my 30 plants dead. eaten. EATEN!!!! apparently my door didnt latch all the way and while i was out radium got in and had a snack. im keep looking at my eaten babies and just cry some more. i still have 5 so i'll keep those. i think i'll take a nap. because right now i kind of just want to drink. and thats never good. i cant even really convey just how upset i am. THE ******* CAT ATE MY DAMN PLANTS!!!!! i hate life. im gonna cry myself to sleep.

hey man dont beat your self up **** happens mang. sorry to hear what happened.. it happens to the best of us we just become better from all the mistakes and mishaps..

i hate cats.. they get into crap there not supposed to i say can the cat and go get your self a doberman or somthin to guard the plants rather then eat them...

and hey 5 plants is better then no plants now u just have less of them to worry about

hang in there dont kill your self over some plants that can simply be regrown.

Smelly Jelly said:
get a watergun its funny and it works the cats get over it in 20 seconds

lol,I think a little spray bottle would do the job :hubba:

whats up with stoners liking cats? they smell like **** , they piss in your house and make it smell like an animal shelter.. atleast a dog would keep ppl away from your house..

my friends have cats and there always like oh my cats are soo clean they clean them selves and there soo good..

i walk in and almost pass out from the smell of cat piss...

man i need to smoke.. lol

Latest posts

Back