My plant is dying, what should I do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weed power

Reaction score
This is my first grow (indoors) I grew one other time (once) outdoors back when I was 16 and my plants were stolen the day after a showed some friends (that’s another story anyways)

Last week my plant was thriving (see my last post w/ pics)

Now my plant looks half dead and I don’t know jack about growing, any suggestions would be helpful.

I’m going to do my best to explain everything I have done, here it goes

1 - I noticed some GNATS on my plant last week so I grabbed my wife’s bottle of Garden Safe brand “Fungicide – 3 products in one” It’s basically a fungicide, insecticide, and miticide all in one. I sprayed the plant down from top to bottom and soaked the soil. I also applied a layer of red pepper and garlic power to the top layer of soil

A day later …
I applied another application of fungicide to the plant and soil.

3rd day…
I still noticed GNATS so I sprayed the plant/soil again and I watered it to help the fungicide seep down into the soil.

4th day…
My plant was showing brown tips and the bottom leaves were wilting. I say to myself “OH ****, I BETTER STOP APPLYING THE FUNGICIDE!”

5th day …
I water again, this time to FLUSH out all the fungicide. My plant is looking worse

6th day…
I remove 1 inch of soil off the top layer and water again trying to flush all this crap out of the soil. Plant looks the same

Today…
My plant looks like total ****. I’m thinking about transplanting it into some clean dry soil but I’m worried I might put more stress on it which may completely kill it.

Grow room specs
3' by 3' grow box with 3 (100 watt compact soft white fluorescents) and 1 (100 watt red spectrum compact florescent) for a total of 4.

Average temp: 100/105 F
Soil: I stole some soil from my wife’s plants and I mixed in some new potting soil
Ventilation: None, the grow box is not air tight

And here is the current pics...
I keep the plant 5 inches away from the lights

100_0816.JPG

100_0817.JPG

100_0818.JPG

100_0819.JPG

IMO she has been over watered and its way way too hot in there for her. get some better ventilation in there ASAP. and give it a few days to air out in the soil too that much water for a flush is o.k. to do ,but that much over that few days is not good. that soil has to be soaked. there is no need to use the Fungiside on the plant itsself the gnats wont do any damage to it its the larve that eats roots and they can be killed off by letting the soil dry. and to stop them from getting to the top of the soil and out of it to annoy you put about 1/4" of sand and prlite ontop of it and that should help control or stop them. as for the ones that are buzzing around you can use fly strips to get them

So just let it dry out for a week or so (no transplant)? I'm on my way to Home Depot for perlite and a fan

yup man that should do it let it dry out for at least a week (make sure the top 2" is dry) the soil will take a long time to dry out totally if your using flos for lights because they dont put off allot of heat. a few fans should help too, you want the temps to be 60F (night=lights off) and no more than mid 80sF (day=lights on) with the humidity about 55% while vegging.

While you are at the store buy some sticky paper fold them and place
around the soil

Latest posts

Back