my proposial

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So as some may know, I am working from the ground up on growing some trees >.>.

The space i am working in is tight
The total closet is 48in long x 28in deep 10ish feet high.

and my grow area is 18 long 24 in deep

The crude drawing below will show you an idea i have, on the left is my lame *** room right now.

On the right, its my baby.

lets start at the top small can carbon filter, this is connected into dryer vent which runs down in the very back corner of the shelving areas and has 2 inlets for exhausting the scent. the white black framed square on the right shows where the dryer vent goes into.

The rectangles around the different grow rooms are velcro strips for attaching the reflective plastic light blocker.

the brown and purple boxes between the two middle fans is the timer hook up for the hps room.

in the flowering room there would be plenty of fans as well.

Below it is my top in take fan it will push into the vegitative chamber from above, at the same time there will be a 2 muffin fans inside for air movement.

the lay out of the veg is basic two florcent gro lights hanging on a chain, the larger plants at the back and the younger at the front with optional block to raise them up on on the bottom of the shelf will be a piece of pvc pipe this leading down into the fans in the center since (not shown on illustarion is there is supposed to be another smaller fan in the upper right corner) the veggies dont stink much basic scent protection is needed.

The two fans depicted are intake fans for the flowering box, a hps is suspended from chains of course above our trees resting on a covered shelf, the two fans at the bottom are air out takes, and the connection spot of the dryer vent sucking the air from the bottom and up to the filter to scrub the scent.

along the left wall of each grow box i also would put a narrow vent that can fit between the door and the wall in the corner, with a fan blowing into the box drawing the air inwards for fresh air.

The fans largely would be ran off of a pc the timer area in the middle would be where my ballast sat for my hps (if not built in) power would come in at the top down, all shielded and water proof of course.

The veggie room would have another shelf right under it to catch falling water as behind the middle fans would be largely empty space.

The size of the space means I can not grow alot of plants, but the veg room would be perfect for 2 healthy mothers, and for clones to mature.

the flower room is likely only going to hold 4 plants tops but I can live with that its personal after all.

The nice part is if i cut extra shelves, when I got to move or need to take stuff down I can just switch out the shelves into regular shelves.

Outside of this space, I have been looking at design for a small closet scent diffuser, Ill post the link, I will also keep the closet door ajar with a fan running just inside to push in fresh air. The closet rod will be shortened and hung on brackets (when my purpose for the space is complete)

with the plastic velcroed in place and the fans rubberized should be pretty quiet and smell tight. other then while the flap is open. the fans would be my favorite part, boxed compartments that hang under shelves, each fan with a different usb cable hooking, each with a usb hub (all hubs plugged ultimatley into 3 different usb extension cords to the pc, I will ***** this pc out, windows 98 and 4, 4 usb pci cards. with the 6 already on board,

inside the boxes the fans can be more daisy chained because i want some power lost inside the boxes on the fans so they dont go top speed and circulate the air without causing to much disturbance of the plants (plus cuts down on noise), in the ventalation tube there would be an intake in each box and below the veg box i want a fan inside the vent sucking upwards to draw air from the two fans at the bottom.

the top intake fan and the middle fans are boxed and at the from of the face plate, the bottom one is boxed as well (and not on the floor) but the fans are inside the box, the exhaust fans in the bottom of the flower box push air down right into the dryer vent, which is pushed up the vent with assistance from the fan mid way up through the veg room into the carbon filter.

The upper intake fan i believe should have 2 smaller pc fans as well. (fresh moving air is a good thing)

grw4e3owroom.jpg

Let's start with your ventilation. It pretty much needs a revamp. First of all, I would recommend keeping your intakes passive. Then, get a good quality exhaust fan for the flowering room--something like this: hXXp://www.amazon.com/VenTech-Inline-Exhaust-Ventilation-Blower/dp/B005KMOJPK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364570491&sr=8-1&keywords=4%22+exhaust+fan

You can also get a fan/filter combo for around $105. You will probably also want a fan speed controller. Do not get a duct booster fan as they will not work. However, your fan for your veg space does not need to be as strong. I do recommend again, a passive inlet and 1 decent exhaust fan. You will also want an oscillation fan in each space.

Remember the 3000 lumens per sq ft for vegging. You have 3 sq ft, so a 2' T5 would work great--like the 4 tube 2' light you PM'd me about. The T5 is preferable over the CFLs because of the limited height in your mom/clone/veg space and the number of CFLs you would need to equal 9000 lumens.

My next suggestion is to not keep moms--you simply do not have enough room. Take clones from clones instead.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Let's start with your ventilation. It pretty much needs a revamp. First of all, I would recommend keeping your intakes passive. Then, get a good quality exhaust fan for the flowering room--something like this: hXXp://www.amazon.com/VenTech-Inline-Exhaust-Ventilation-Blower/dp/B005KMOJPK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364570491&sr=8-1&keywords=4%22+exhaust+fan

You can also get a fan/filter combo for around $105. You will probably also want a fan speed controller. Do not get a duct booster fan as they will not work. However, your fan for your veg space does not need to be as strong. I do recommend again, a passive inlet and 1 decent exhaust fan. You will also want an oscillation fan in each space.

Remember the 3000 lumens per sq ft for vegging. You have 3 sq ft, so a 2' T5 would work great--like the 4 tube 2' light you PM'd me about. The T5 is preferable over the CFLs because of the limited height in your mom/clone/veg space and the number of CFLs you would need to equal 9000 lumens.

My next suggestion is to not keep moms--you simply do not have enough room. Take clones from clones instead.

--------------

:D <3 your amazing!

overall though!... WHAT do you think of the concept with your suggested upgrades!?!

Latest posts

Back