My second grow, please give advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TruTHC said:
i dont have to put out so much time tucking and tying anymore
Hehe, tuck your friends ears behind his head and tie them there while you prune his hair...

Just kiddin!

Actually, tell your friend to come to Marpassion and learn the right way to grow. You'll be doing him a favor.

ok, so here my Project Stealth Grow, actually, its the grow duct for my 1 soil, im using CFL 23w 1600lumen full spectrum (light is about 5in away ill move it up or down tomorrow b4 it get burn, again:eek: ) i used the duct thing then glued mylar on the insde and i am using 2 50mm cpu fan at 13.25CFM 4500RPM got it at newegg.com for $3.99ea. $13.87 shipped for 2fan. not a bad deal i dont think. im running it from a 9v dc adapter. that strealth box cost me about $25 with some extra mylar i have and a left-over piece of wood for the cover. i dont know if this is a stupid idea or it may become the grow of the feature! like a pound each plant? haha. ok i gotta snap out of it. but hey let me know how it look and wut u think i should or shouldn't do. thanks

QUESTIONS:
1: should i use full spectrum or soft white or daylight bright (something light that)?
2: i forgot how many lumen required for a plant?

project stealth grow 4-25.JPG

project stealth grow 4-25 (3).JPG

project stealth grow 4-25 (4).JPG

project stealth grow 4-25 (5).JPG

are these 'full spectrum' lights anygood? or should i return and get something else? it dont put out near as much heat as my 40w cfl=150w. the light about prolly 2-3in away.

CFL spec.JPG

17 days should be enough time. i've never had it take more than 14 days. Make sure your timer is working and you have 12 hours of dark. Are there any light leaks? Are there any small LED lights in the grow box (on the timer or any other electronics)? :confused:

AlienBait said:
17 days should be enough time. i've never had it take more than 14 days. Make sure your timer is working and you have 12 hours of dark. Are there any light leaks? Are there any small LED lights in the grow box (on the timer or any other electronics)? :confused:
i'm sure its totally dark, no LED anywhere, i pop my head in when its dark and it look totally dark, i'll have close up pic up tonite

TruTHC, how many lumens total do you have on this plant? How big of an area is it?

Stoney Bud said:
TruTHC, how many lumens total do you have on this plant? How big of an area is it?
my grow area is 2x2x4ft. the res is 15in plus reflector so i have about 2 to grow with. im using 400w HPS from HTG. Their website say its 55,000 lumen. the heat get up to 95F in the daytime when the light is off. the tallest plant is about 7in away from light with plexi glass.i took it down stairs last nite to do an inspection but i didnt notice balls or hair and i bent a couple colas really bad, it didnt break off but its not standing anymore.i must not know where to look. here are some pic, am i looking at the right place for sex?

4-39 node_01.JPG

4-39 node_02.JPG

4-39 node_03.JPG

4-39 node_04.JPG

4-39 node_05.JPG

4-39 node_06.JPG

4-39 node_07.JPG

4-39 node_08.JPG

4-39 node_09.JPG

plexi glass 4-29.JPG

Everything is looking ok for now. That heat is a problem. At 95 degrees, the plant will almost stop growing. How hot is it getting when the light is on?

Stoney Bud said:
Everything is looking ok for now. That heat is a problem. At 95 degrees, the plant will almost stop growing. How hot is it getting when the light is on?
with the light on, the sun should be setting so im guessing about 80-85. i think i havn't seen sex is because the lower nodes is not getting any light, i undid all the ones i tied and most of the fan leaf i tied died. anyway, i got really mad at my plant so i prune alot of the fan leaf, about 30-40 leaves. some drying up so i pulled it off. and i cut the heat burn and nute burn off. i have to top off 2gal every other day and add nute every other top off. but when i add nute i have no idea what im doing, i just take a while guess, well like today, the sheet i printed out from gh site for 8gal so for my 7th week bloom phrase 8gal res would be adding 24grow,64micro,128bloom mL so i divide it by 8 and added 3g,8m,16b to the 2gal top off. i shoulda multiply by 2 for 2gal, anyway i dont know if that strength is too weak. the res was ppm1600 - 513tap. i also added 10ml of superthrive. pic 1&2 is before prune, 3 is after prune, 4 is just node and 5...hmm since i was mad at the plants and those 2 cola was bent when i did inspection so i cut it off, and i mite as well try sex them that way. the plant with the arrow pointing down only have about 2cm in water and the other one have about 1.5in. and i gave them a drop of super thrive. does those look ok? can somebody knock some sense in my head about adding nute when topping off. a calculation or something? thanks

5-2 before prune_1.JPG

5-2 before prune_2.JPG

DSCN1861.JPG

DSCN1865.JPG

DSCN1870.JPG

Stoney Bud said:
That heat is a problem. At 95 degrees, the plant will almost stop growing.
theres is no other way i can supply cool air with my space nor a wort chiller. i think this is gonna be my last grow for a while, im too paranoid with my in-law and this is not worth it to get caught. i love MJ and MP but i should lay low for a better time. do i still have a chance with my limited space left for growth and high heat?

ok, so i need to get rid of all my plants, my in-law knew i was up to something all along but they never said anything to me, i had it for over 2 months, i shoulda listen to AlienBait and flower sooner. plus my attic is too dang hot,they stop growing. thats prolly why i haven't seen any sex. anyway whats the safest way to get rid of them, someone told me to burn it but wouldn't that have a very strong MJ oder? i thought about laying the plants in the grass and running a mower thru to shred the mj? please give me some advice b4 i toss it in dumpster and get busted. Thanks

Juggalo420 said:
bummer...
tell your Mother in law to go to hell =(

I think it's her house.

If you told me to go to hell in my own house, you'd be on the street about a second later with everything you owned.

He made a good choice. Until he has his own place, it's best to follow the rules of the person who is allowing you to live in their house.

But if it is his house, and the wifes mother is a constant presence there, and she might call the cops, that would be a real bummer.

I am so glad that I live alone in a fenced property that's gated. No one knows my business. I like it that way.

Latest posts

Back