My second grow, please give advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AlienBait said:
I dont' see any nute burn either. The light green on the new growth is a good sign. It will darken up in a day or so.

I don't know about the purple...:confused:...that usually means potasium def.

Some of the leaves are curling up on the edges, that usually means Mg def. Dissolve a tbl spoon of Epson Salts into your water the next time you top off and that will be taken care of.

Your PH is good.

How close are your lights?​
wow really no nute burn, ok less freaking out on one thing then. my lights are about 12-13inch away

yea so im using FloraSeries.FLORA MICRO®: The foundation of the “Building-Block” System, Provides Nitrogen, Potassium, Calcium, and trace elements.FLORA GRO®:Stimulates structural and vegetative growth. Builds strong roots. Provides Nitrogen, Phosphorous, Potassium, and secondary minerals.FLORA BLOOM®: Stimulates flower and fruit development. Enhances flavor, aroma, and essential oils. Provides high Phosphorous, Potassium, Magnesium, and Sulfur. which one should i use more or less of?

I've never used GH nutes before, so I'm not sure on the dosage, BUT I looked at their feeding chart and according to them, you should be using the "Transition" ratios, 10ml/gallon for each component, for the first 2 weeks of flower.

Your light might be a little too close. Back it off to 18" if you can.

AlienBait said:
I've never used GH nutes before, so I'm not sure on the dosage, BUT I looked at their feeding chart and according to them, you should be using the "Transition" ratios, 10ml/gallon for each component, for the first 2 weeks of flower.

Your light might be a little too close. Back it off to 18" if you can.
i have 8gal res. and i am using the weekly feeding chart for 8gal, and it said 48G-48M-80B ml. that brought it up to about 1300 ppm so i topped off and got it to 895, it only been like that for 7 1/2hr, i wont be able to check it until they wake up that would be total of 19hr from when i topped off, o i gave it 1ml of superthrive also. but i will give them some epsom tonite, im sure 2in of res will be gone.

AlienBait said:
I looked at their feeding chart and according to them, you should be using the "Transition" ratios, 10ml/gallon for each component, for the first 2 weeks of flower.
Where did u get that Transaction ratio from? are u saying evenly 10ml/gal for each first 2 week? i have 10gal but its not fill up all the way so im guessing i have 8gal of water. so does that mean 80ml each? :confused: here i go with them silly questions again.

Bubblers, like soil, tend to concentrate hydro nutes because they are both continous feed.

For both, you should use about half the strength of GH nutes that are suggested by the manufacturer.

Dip out half your reservoir and top it off with water. That will reduce it's potency.

The damaged leaves won't repair. In a few days, you'll see health new growth with normal green and no yellowing.

Give us some pics in a couple of days so we can see how they're doing.

Stoney Bud said:
Bubblers, like soil, tend to concentrate hydro nutes because they are both continous feed.

For both, you should use about half the strength of GH nutes that are suggested by the manufacturer.

Dip out half your reservoir and top it off with water. That will reduce it's potency.

The damaged leaves won't repair. In a few days, you'll see health new growth with normal green and no yellowing.

Give us some pics in a couple of days so we can see how they're doing.
Yes Sir! thanks for info, ill have alot of pic.

i can only raise my light up about 4more inch max, i should invest in a glass, anyone know where i can find one? and what kind should i get? does home depot or lowe's have the one i can use?

TruTHC said:
Where did u get that Transaction ratio from? are u saying evenly 10ml/gal for each first 2 week? i have 10gal but its not fill up all the way so im guessing i have 8gal of water. so does that mean 80ml each? :confused: here i go with them silly questions again.

Here is the link to their "Recirculating Program." The chart on the left is for the Flora Series.

http://www.genhydro.com/genhydro_US/feeding_charts/GH_KeepItSimple_Recirculating.pdf

Like I said earlier, I have not used their nutes, so I am guessing each "stage" is about 2 weeks. You should be in the "Transition" phase.

AlienBait said:
Here is the link to their "Recirculating Program." The chart on the left is for the Flora Series.

http://www.genhydro.com/genhydro_US/feeding_charts/GH_KeepItSimple_Recirculating.pdf

Like I said earlier, I have not used their nutes, so I am guessing each "stage" is about 2 weeks. You should be in the "Transition" phase.
so do u think i must have gave them too much of one part and too little of another part? i used 48-48-80ml for 8gal, so divide that by 8 would be 6-6-10ml. bah im totally lost, dont know wut im trying to say but i brought the ppm down like by 500 by adding plain water, so the nute is really diluted now ppm at 895 from 1300. let see how they look in a couple days. thanks for your kind effort AB

I have read this thread from the beginning and I have to say it has been like a drama movie. Man you sure have had some bad luck.

You seen to of encountered almost every problem a grower could have. I have to say good job for hanging in there. Many people would have given up and lost all hope.

I really hope my first grow dose not put so much pressure on me like yours did. I was feeling pressure and suspense by just reading your logs.

When you become a pro grow, like some of these guys and gals I bet your going to look back at this grow and laugh about it.

again.. good job for hanging in there hope get all girls and nice drawing bud.

edit:
THE BROTHER'S GRUNT should give you the green mojo award for your strong Will.

budwizer said:
I have read this thread from the beginning and I have to say it has been like a drama movie. Man you sure have had some bad luck.

You seen to of encountered almost every problem a grower could have. I have to say good job for hanging in there. Many people would have given up and lost all hope.

I really hope my first grow dose not put so much pressure on me like yours did. I was feeling pressure and suspense by just reading your logs.

When you become a pro grow, like some of these guys and gals I bet your going to look back at this grow and laugh about it.

again.. good job for hanging in there hope get all girls and nice drawing bud.

edit:
THE BROTHER'S GRUNT should give you the green mojo award for your strong Will.
yea i been sad cuz i haven't had any green mojo, that prolly why my grow sucks, but yea i tried to hold off buying stuff til i really needed it, for example a ph meter and a tds/ec meter so that why it was soo incredibly bad, this is actually my second grow, the first was just sad so i started over. i have about 1 more month to go and the only thing will stop me is if my in-laws see my box :(. but hey thanks for reading up on my wacky grow journal, the next will be better. o first part of this second grow was nasty cuz i brought some non hydro nute from walmart and it just didnt make my plant look good so i got the GH FloraSeries. but hey good luck to u and all the guys here are big help, without MP i'd prolly gave up long long time ago. let me know when u start a grow.
EDIT: Budwizer, u a funny guy BTW. This remind u of a Soap Opera? haha

Maybe when ganja growing becomes more accepted, the TV people will bring out a new type of reality show based on it. It will give me a reason to start watching TV again. lol

I think the show would be even better if they did not wait until growing is accepted. This way the show would have added element to it.

TruTHC said:
so do u think i must have gave them too much of one part and too little of another part? i used 48-48-80ml for 8gal, so divide that by 8 would be 6-6-10ml. bah im totally lost, dont know wut im trying to say but i brought the ppm down like by 500 by adding plain water, so the nute is really diluted now ppm at 895 from 1300. let see how they look in a couple days. thanks for your kind effort AB

OK, I want to emphasize again that I have not used the nutes you are using, so if you want me to stop making suggestions, just let me know or you can just choose to ignore me at this point.:eek:

DLtoker noticed that you have some overdose AND deficiencies. That could be cause by the out of whack ratios.

Since they are recommending the 10-10-10ml per gal, I would go with what Stoney Bud said and cut that in half, BUT, make sure the ratios are equal.

So, here is what I would recommend:
  1. Mix up a new batch of solution using 5 ml per gal for each component, plus add 1 table-spoon (total) of Epson Salt
  2. Move the light up as high as you can.
  3. Take a picture of your light and post it so we know what it looks like and can recommend some kind of cool tube or heat barrier.
By the way, what is the Wattage on your HPS?

AlienBait said:
OK, I want to emphasize again that I have not used the nutes you are using, so if you want me to stop making suggestions, just let me know or you can just choose to ignore me at this point.:eek:

i like to get suggestions, put more sense in my head, thanks for ur time btw and alway feel free to give me suggestions

AlienBait said:
By the way, what is the Wattage on your HPS?
i'm using 400watt

AlienBait said:
Take a picture of your light and post it so we know what it looks like and can recommend some kind of cool tube or heat barrier.
Here a pic of my Light & Height of plant, cant tell but its about 15in from canopy. the space im working with is very limited that why the pic is taken from the top down. i'll try to do beter tonite

Light.JPG

Measurement 4-14_1.JPG

Measurement 4-14_2.JPG

my plant is getting sooo bushy, here are some newly updated pic, taken this morning. i topped off and gave them 1table spoon epsom salt, let see how they look by tonite. they're so bushy i just wanna prune the big leaves off! but i learnt my lesson. its kinda impossible to tie the leaf blocking the light for the small new leaves at the bottom, but ill have more room after i sexed them.

4-14 all.JPG

4-14 all (3).JPG

4-14 all (5).JPG

ok something is kinda weird, pH get up to 6.3 then i add a little pH down but pH value wouldn't change, so i added more pH down, it still dont change, so i used total of prolly 3oz pH down (i mixed pH Down in a 6oz cup, pH was 2.8 in cup). it never changed. so adjusted the Topped off water to 4.3 figuring it will kinda even out the ph to 5something, well it still didn't change. does this mean something is locked out? i know add alot of ph is bad but its weird how the pH don't drop at all, i am gonna give it another day then change water and give it 1/2 strength nute. its been flowering for 7days i havn't seen any sex sign yet, pH currently at 6.3 ppm at 800 (started out with 1300) o yea i don't see the purpleish on the new growth anymore

Wow, that is strange. I've never heard that one. 6.3 is only a little out of range, but I don't know why it doesn't go down after all the acid you added.

Have you checked it an hour after adding the PH Down?

That one has me stumped. :confused:

I would change out your reservoir and leave the epsom salts out of it. That may be what's fighting you.

Latest posts

Back