myth strains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so what if you dont no if the strain is really its true name?how do you know that the strain you think is what what you think is really sum thing else?when alls said we all will be better off with all these strains and go into breeding with other strains and think we make sumthing new so be it

Just high and can't look through the posts. Does the rest of the EU have "Myth Strains" or is just us "Yanks"?

massproducer said:
Now this is what i mean, we were talking about breeders and now all the sudden it is about coffee shops, I do not live in amsterdam or cali, so I do not go to dispensaries or coffee shops, i am however a Federal Canadian medi grower, with quite a few years of growing experience, i have grown quite a few strains, from Afgan to white widow. So it is not important and I have no real opinion on who has the best buds to buy, i am concerned with who has the best strains that I can grow

Federal Canadian Medi Grower?
Tell me everything, I've never heard of FCMG eh? Can i google it?

Up here in Canada we have a Federal medical marijuana program administered by health Canada, so that means that the provinces have no say in what we do, I can possess certain amounts on my person anywhere in canada, I can legally grow up to 25 plants right now based on my gram per day ratio, and can store almost 2 pounds in reserve.

Just google "medical marijuana Access Division Health Canada"

Geeze guys.... this 'could' actually be an educational and informative discussion. Why must we aggrevate and berate?..
I can see "both" points. IMO..Faudex is correct in the fact that there is no "regulatory commission", no control, noone overseeing either 'breeders' OR 'seed makers'. ONLY the consumer. And there are a good percentage of consumers out there, that quite frankly, wouldn't know white widow from bluberry, from cali ornge, from G13...;).. and probably don't even 'care'. As long as they are able to produce a good product themselves, and "say" "I'm smoking G13". Not all!.. but there is a good percentage.
Their reputation and their "own" sense of honesty and morality is "ALL" tat they are bound by. And, IMO, there are many concientous and honest breeders out there, but unfortunately, I have to believe that a good number of 'not so concientous' ..seed makers have also ventured into the market from time to time.
Purchasing from "reputable" seed banks, and "repytable" breeders can give you some asurance, but there are no gaurantees. Unlike going into the garden center and buying Zuchinni seeds, if you grow them and end up with pumpkins, there is a road of repercussion.

On the othe hand, as mass suggested,.. there are a good percentage of informed and studious consumers out there, that DO know and understand the finer points and characteristics of MJ, and are probably our best means of regulation and control at this point. Keeping the "breeders" held to a 'standard' of stability and quality, through feedback and (again) "reputation". AND..IMO, we do have some of those honest and reputable 'breeders' in NA, they aren't restricted to the netherlands.. :)
..just play nice guys ;), and don't allow method of communication here to bunch up yer panties.. ;)

Hick said:
Geeze guys.... this 'could' actually be an educational and informative discussion. Why must we aggrevate and berate?..
I can see "both" points. IMO..Faudex is correct in the fact that there is no "regulatory commission", no control, noone overseeing either 'breeders' OR 'seed makers'. ONLY the consumer. And there are a good percentage of consumers out there, that quite frankly, wouldn't know white widow from bluberry, from cali ornge, from G13...;).. and probably don't even 'care'. As long as they are able to produce a good product themselves, and "say" "I'm smoking G13". Not all!.. but there is a good percentage.
Their reputation and their "own" sense of honesty and morality is "ALL" tat they are bound by. And, IMO, there are many concientous and honest breeders out there, but unfortunately, I have to believe that a good number of 'not so concientous' ..seed makers have also ventured into the market from time to time.
Purchasing from "reputable" seed banks, and "repytable" breeders can give you some asurance, but there are no gaurantees. Unlike going into the garden center and buying Zuchinni seeds, if you grow them and end up with pumpkins, there is a road of repercussion.

On the othe hand, as mass suggested,.. there are a good percentage of informed and studious consumers out there, that DO know and understand the finer points and characteristics of MJ, and are probably our best means of regulation and control at this point. Keeping the "breeders" held to a 'standard' of stability and quality, through feedback and (again) "reputation". AND..IMO, we do have some of those honest and reputable 'breeders' in NA, they aren't restricted to the netherlands.. :)
..just play nice guys ;), and don't allow method of communication here to bunch up yer panties.. ;)

Thanks Hick, I do really see his point, I just can't stand this juvenile "lmao" and name calling stuff. So I called it a night and went to bed.

...anyone ever heard of "Paonia Paralyzer"???.. t'was a skunky hybrid, acclimated to the western slope of CO back in the 80's. As legendary 'locally' as was the Matanuska thunderfuck of AK was in those times. Was pretty stable and would produce in excess of a lb. p/plant in proper conditions.
It's gone, just as the 'true' MTF.. "IMHO"[./i]. Due at least partially to the wide spread influx of the dutch genetics. One of the victims of our ever smaller world...

I totally agree Hick, the point though still seems to be getting lost in the shuffle, I never said that all breeders in NA were reputable, but saying that buying from Amsterdam is better because it is regulated??? Regulated by who???

Once again I never said anything was regulated, I know that I have the same chance at getting what I ordered from NA breeders that I do from Dutch breeders.

While I agree that the market is controlled by the consumer, I think the consumer has a lot more power then you are giving them credit for there Hick... Like any industry, as soon as a company starts to put out a subpar product compaired to the other giants within the industry, the consumers and the competitors will expose the product and eliminate it from the market place based on shear demand. This doesn't just hurt the companies projected revenues, it really hurts their credibility within this market regarding future ventures... Most, once again "reputable", and that is the key word here "reputable" breeders do not want to tarnish their names that they have worked so hard to earn, over something as trivial as the strains name.

Their are definiately fly by nite seedbanks and fly by night breeders located in NA, that are not worried about you and are only worried about their profits, but if you do some research on that company I bet that you would find that that wasn't a "reputable" company, they were actually a fly by night. But they exist everywhere, from NA, to holland.

Let me just try to clarify my point, and then I have to go to work.

How many people in the USA grow marijuana?

Whatever your guess is, what percentage of those purchase their specific genetics.

Of those, what percentage of them purchase their genetics from a reputable dealer.

Of the non-reputable dealers out that, what percentage of them purchase their genetics from a reputable dealer.

As you can see, the equation can break down very rapidily, and I am guessing there are a lot of people out their today growing bullshoy. Not to say their aren't some reputable seed banks in NA, I just wouldn't know how to find one personally, other then people like you telling me what they are.

I don't know **** about west coast strains/breeders/banks. But I frequent Amsterdam quite a bit and am greatly familiar with their products. Thats why I trust their breeders. I dont know trainwreck from og kush, so if i bought that, I wouldn't even know if I had the right stuff.

massproducer said:
I totally agree Hick, the point though still seems to be getting lost in the shuffle, I never said that all breeders in NA were reputable, but saying that buying from Amsterdam is better because it is regulated??? Regulated by who???

Once again I never said anything was regulated, I know that I have the same chance at getting what I ordered from NA breeders that I do from Dutch breeders.

I would argue its better regulated because of the coffee shops, and the cannabis cup. Its a lot easier to sell a bag under a fake name in the US, cause no one knows the difference. It's easy to sell a bag under a fake name in Holland, but I imagine you'll get called out a lot quicker on it if you make a habit of it...

Fadeux said:
I would argue its better regulated because of the coffee shops, and the cannabis cup. Its a lot easier to sell a bag under a fake name in the US, cause no one knows the difference. It's easy to sell a bag under a fake name in Holland, but I imagine you'll get called out a lot quicker on it if you make a habit of it...
....and I could agree.."IF" it weren't for the fact that we (NA) are becoming "better regulated", due to the legal dispensaries and medical vendors, especially on the west coast and canada.
In "THAT" sense, we are quickly becoming just as regulated as the 'dam.."if" you can call that regulation.. ;)..IMO..

Basically all I am saying is that if you mislead your customers they will find out and it will be the end of your business, wheater you are in NA or Estonia, people do not like to be ripped off, i see what you are saying, and totally see your logic, I guess I just don't agree, no hard feelings, have a nice day

By the way, in NA, just like the dutch, the good seedbanks usually buy in bulk directly from the breeders, so there isn't like 5 middle men, buying from a good seed bank or breeder that is the key

has eveyone for got about the bigest myth of them all? G-13??

well an to clear a few things up, the grower that grew the myth strain was, a college prof. at the college here in town.

I think most of the stuff we got as kids was myth strains. We had a strain around here called lucky sevens. Come to find out that it had that name because it took seven years to get a crop in without the cops or someone else taking it. It was really a mexican mix. I remember getting "humboldt", and then learning later that it was an area, not a strain.

Dr. chronic .com is the best place to order seeds. Always as advertised. And if he don't have it and u don't want substitutes he will refund your $$.

However there are other great reputable sites that final product turns out as advertised. Gypsy Nirvana's Seedboutique.com or you can order straight from the breeders in most cases. Like Mandala seeds . com or most any other breeder/ seed maker. Most ship worldwide. And payable in US dollars.

Second point here.... so stay tuned...... .............. ahhhhh.........okay.

Weed is illegal and it's black market, no matter who you are dealing with.. breeders or friends on a forum or buddies that grow or whatever. When u are given some pot and ur buddie says it's bubba kush and u see it's got seeds in it, but u don't really know cause you never saw it and u don't know u take him at his words.( REAL bubba is clone only hence it's always seedless unless accidentally pollinated.)

What i am getting at is that you must take people at face value unless ur final result doesn't turn out as advertised. My suggestion to you is to ask some experienced growers about their favored strains and who is the breeder and where is the best place to get em which will 9out of 10 will be the doc.

After you do some more reading into the history of some of these strains u will see that big seed hacks like greenhouse who claim they have the REAL DEAL TRAINWRECK which they don't.... and u will laugh at em.Or Blueberry which is actually DJ SHORTS work... and has been ripped off by almost every hack out there.

Point is.. the more you read and study the in 's and out's of cannabis and the diff strains and where they come from and who has the better strains u won't know what's best for u and if u don't start trusting the people that actually breed them or keep strains in clone form you won't ever know.

Don't just stop reading after you learn to grow.......... average seeds grown by an average grower will turn out much better than the weed it came from. Point is.. there are great genetics out there....and some strains or clones come from unknown seed... prob given to them by some friend from a KILLER bag of whatever.

Yes it takes time to be a true breeder. Thats why we give people like DJ SHORT real respect... or shantibaba or Breeder steve or Mike at Mandala seeds and others. But u have to do your research and find out who's legit and who's not. That's what these forums are for. U can either take us at our word or keep growing bagseed.....

I would take our word for it.

massproducer said:
Up here in Canada we have a Federal medical marijuana program administered by health Canada, so that means that the provinces have no say in what we do, I can possess certain amounts on my person anywhere in canada, I can legally grow up to 25 plants right now based on my gram per day ratio, and can store almost 2 pounds in reserve.

Just google "medical marijuana Access Division Health Canada"

I missed this post earlier, and I don't want to continue the argument, but I think I figured out where the misunderstanding comes from.

You do this legally. You grow openly, and probably have friends who grow. You probably breed, grow different genetics, smoke together and compare. I know I am making a lot of assumptions here, but please correct me if I am wrong.

I do not grow openly. If Leo finds my operation, I get put in a can for at least a decade. (damn mandatory minimum sentences) I don't have any growing buddies, and only my closest friends know I smoke. Since I can't share a joint with any of you fine folks on here, I lead a very lonely pot life. When I order seeds, I have no idea what I am actually getting. When I buy pot in the US, I have no idea what I am actually getting. Very rarely does my dealer even know the difference between indica, and sativa.

I am not an experienced enough grower to be able to distinguish any NA strain yet. I assume most people on here live very "in-fear" of leo, or the consequences of what they are doing. I would trust a NA seed bank, as long as it came on the recommendation of someone from here. Even then, I still would not be able to be sure the product was what I ordered, until several grows, and talking to more experienced people. The rule I have when I order seeds is, 1. They have to be in the original breeders package. 2. They have to be from Holland.

Now, this is not to say the dutch have the best weed. I've been to Hawaii several times, and the weed down there is HANDS DOWN better... But I never met anyone who could honestly tell me what strain I am smoking, or a reputable seed bank to get them from. The dutch have GREAT weed, there is no denying that. Is it the best in the world? Probably not, but since I frequent Amsterdam, I am free to pick and choose different strains to sample.

The simple breakdown of the argument is that I believe because it is so open in Holland, the market would regulate itself, just like you said. And that is a market I am familiar with. So that is the market I trust. Were I to order from a NA seedbank, I would have zero idea about the product I am getting.

You may very easily know exactly what you are getting, but our circumstances are very different. You can grow these plants freely, I would get >10 years in a jail cell. I have to be skeptical of EVERYTHING.

That said, I apoligize for any sharp comments I may have made last night. Its easy to forget you're talking to a person of "at the least" a minimully similar mindset whenyou are on the internet. I am sure there is much I can learn from you, and if you take the time to think about what I have to say, you may even find yourself learning a thing or two. I am no expert, by any means, but I am usually pretty good at "questioning the experts..."

Sorry for the bad vibes all! Im cool with Mass if he's cool with me.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Yes, we did have to pick tons of seeds out before we could roll a joint. Pot has gotten continually better as the years pass. In the sixties you bought 4 finger baggies for $8-10--it had seeds, stems, leaves--we didn't know any better. In the seventies I bought Mexican compressed into a block--mediocre, but the price was right, $100 for a half kilo. I had some thai-stick in the 80s that I thought was the ultimate...until i got some stuff from Panama. Around this time we started to see sensimillia, but we didn't call it that then. It was just pot without seeds--we were ecstatic. This is about the time I got interested in growing. We did it outside--none of this fancy-*** HID lighting. We grew monsters outside wherever we could. I had a greenhouse and grew 4-6 plants. Citrcumstances dictated a hiatus from growing for many years. When I took it up again, it was a whole different story.

Pot has evolved. It has gotten substantially better. This is one of those things that there is really no debate about. Anyone who has smoked pot for decades will tell you that this is true.

An old hippy friend of mine made this exact point. He doesn't like getting high with me because the weed Eff's him up WAY too much. And he went to woodstock for chrissake. Interesting. Who knows how it will be in 15 years?

Hick said:
....and I could agree.."IF" it weren't for the fact that we (NA) are becoming "better regulated", due to the legal dispensaries and medical vendors, especially on the west coast and canada.
In "THAT" sense, we are quickly becoming just as regulated as the 'dam.."if" you can call that regulation.. ;)..IMO..

100% true, but where I live, I cannot trust any info about NA weed. That's all I am trying to say.

greenhouse seeds.com thats where i whent. i will tell u around jan if they turn out to be what they say.

Latest posts

Back