Need advice on Moving Clones OUTSIDE!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ekoostik_Hookah

420Member
Reaction score
so here is whats up.
I have clones that i took off a mother plant from last season.
Most are already in soil, and they are already rooted, and starting to grow again.
I currently have the clones inside, under lights on 18/6.

What im wondering is if i should have them on a different light scheduel since im moving them outdoors in a few days?

I was thinking i should maybe put the clones on 24/0, but since outside i get about 18 hours of light a day, it might just be best to leave them on 18/6.

Let me know what ya guys think....?

Well even if i should change my clones to 24/0....i think the switch would be worse for them in the long run......but WHO KNOWS?

Yeah I would also just leave them on the schedule they are on now. What strain are you growing?

:ciao:Last year went I put my clones out I had them on an 18/6 schedule ... they did fantastic ... I plan to do the same this year:hubba::smoke1:

I would just leave them on the 18/6 schedule until you move them outside. That would be less of a shock to the babies. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

The strain doesnt have a name, its a strain that was breeded aways back.
I and a buddy made the strain together, we started with 2 bag seed plants we really liked; they were some headie buds!.
but ya no real name on it, we just call it "groovealicious"

Do you want them to continue to grow or turn as soon as you place them outdoors.

If you want them to continue to grow you need to synchronize the hours of light to be the same as it is outside. If you have them at 19/6 now and place them outdoors where it's 12/12 or thereabouts they are going to turn straight away.

A number of strains that have been grown primarily indoors will turn as soon as they are placed outdoors no matter what you do.

Cyclops said:
Do you want them to continue to grow or turn as soon as you place them outdoors.

If you want them to continue to grow you need to synchronize the hours of light to be the same as it is outside. If you have them at 19/6 now and place them outdoors where it's 12/12 or thereabouts they are going to turn straight away.

A number of strains that have been grown primarily indoors will turn as soon as they are placed outdoors no matter what you do.
IMO/E and based on simple botanical facts, indoors or outdoors has absolutely no effect on flowering. Flowering is controlled by "day length", in all mj, other than the "autoflowering"/ruderallis strains.
It's all about the production and destruction of a hormone called "florigen"..
"google" it ;) 14+ hours of plant usefull spectrum, will allow 'most' strains to remain in veg' state for years.
Now, that said. "I" have noticed what "seems" to be earlier maturation, finish dates outdoors, by taking "sexually mature" clones from under 24/0 and placeing them out after june 1.

Cyclops said:

That wasn't the case for me at all ... in fact they had pre-flowers on them when I put them out ... but they went into a complete veg state ... and with less light time ... I put them out the 1st of June ... and they didn't start flowering until mid- August ... :watchplant:

... funny how that is ... getting less light time outside (14 hours during spring and summer) yet it's enough to maintain a veg state ... :shocked:

word my brothers, and thank you hick for clearing that up :)
cant frigging wait!!

If you want to flower them you will have to wait till the light cycle outside changes. If you set them out now it will be better for them only if their getting full sun all day (more lumens than your inside light). Otherwise if its cloudy or rainy I would leave them inside.

well i do want them to flower, just not now.....
I want to stick the girls outside, and have them flower at normal times like every other grow i have had.
i want em to vegg till i cant see the top!!!!
LoL its going to be a sweet season

Latest posts

Back