Need Advice on ODOR Control...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viracocha711

Reaction score
I am in the planning stages of building my grow room...I will be using an 8'x5'x8' walk in closet with only 4'x5'x8' used for growing(flowering)...I am handicap and need the extra space for my wheelchair so that I can work with the door closed. Although, I will be using a regular office chair with wheels being it is much smaller than my "wheelchair" while I am working with my ladies. The 4x5 space is(or will be) closed off from the rest of the closet with 2 pcs of 8'x4'x1/2" foam(foil) board covered with mylar, stood on end side by side to form a 4x5 flowering area...The other half of the room will be my veg area and where my hydro reservoir will be...Once everything is complete I will have 4 250W HPS lights in the flowering section with fluoros in my veg...A buddy of mine was kind enough to move a 6inch AC/heat vent from the toilet room (I call it the sh*tter because it is a 5x4 room with just a toilet) that was always kept closed anyways, and installed it in the closet so I will have fresh air coming into the growroom on the veg side. I was planning on using a squirrel cage fan that I have to blow fresh air into the bottom of the flowering area through a 3"x9" (size of the fan opening) opening. Then have an activated carbon filter hung from the ceiling in the flowering room above the lights pulling air out of the flowering room by a fan hung in the veg room through a short run of flex duct.

...So, my questions are:

1. Should I have some type of filter on the 6" supply coming into the room to prevent any mold or whatever from entering the room?

2. My buddy said he would cut a hole in the cieling of the closet on the veg side to exhuast air & heat into the attic...So, what size carbon filter will I need in the room and in the attic?

3. Will two carbon filters be enough and what size would you suggest I use?

4. PLEASE feel free to tell me what you may think is wrong or may need to be changed...

Thanks everyone for all the help you guys provide me and each other on this site!

One more question...Should I paint the room with a latex paint or something to seal it and prevent mildew?

Glad to be able to help you out. Hope you find what you need.....;)

Latest posts

Back