Need Help Fast!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devildog5524

Still learning everyday!!
Reaction score
One of my babies has developed dry and brittle leaves. Now this is only on two of her leaves, the rest are fine. I am using nute free professional soil. I'm not sure of the strain, but her nickname is stupid because it is that good, I am using a 100W Metal Halide, and just switched her over to a 12/12 for vegging. She was nute burned last month but bounced right back after a good flush, a lesson well learned I might say, but now she has this problem. Any and all views are very welcome on this one. And by the way this is my first grow so I'm still learning and she is still growing. Attached are pics of what I'm talking about. Sorry about the quality they are from my phone.

Img_04110.JPG

Img_04111.JPG

Img_04113.JPG

Looks like the nute burn from last month is showing up or you burned them again.

12/12 lighting is used for flowering not vegging.

Sorry flowering is what i meant to say. Just a little worried about her is all. I have been feeding her only oxygenated water since the burn last month. But I went out and got the Schultz 10-15-10 to use on her when I noticed that her leaves are brittle and browned. If I need to go get something else for her please let me know.

pcduck said:
Looks like the nute burn from last month is showing up or you burned them again.

12/12 lighting is used for flowering not vegging.
:yeahthat:

I use 18/6 for veg, some use 24/7. Whatever floats yer boat.:hubba:

Might want to back that light off a couple of inches and a 10-15-10 is a flowering nute, use something with N as the highest number.

But use it sparingly, you are seriously overnuting.

DD

You need cannabis nutes period. Want to see why? Here, whole crop off Shultz nutes, no schedule, bascially pounds of hash makings and a whole lot of spliffs. See how unhealthy it looks? Left is Shultz, right is FF.

100_1563.JPG

FF.jpg

Can you please tell me what "oxygenated water" is.

devildog5524 said:
I have been feeding her only oxygenated water since the burn last month.

What I did is place a fish tank pump on a 3 gal bucket of straight water and just let it go. The bubbles help keep the water from going stagnate and puts oxygen into the water. I have been doing it for years in a basic garden and the plants actually love it. Not quite sure as to where I got the idea but it seems to be working fine.

Also what is the best, and affordable fert to use if I got the wrong stuff? I reaaaally want this grow to go good, so please let me know.

My lights are about a foot from the top.

Liquid fish fert works good for vegging. Alaska brand is one. I agree that you burnt them again. Ever check the ph? There is something else wrong, it seems stunted to me. Over/ under water, temps too high or low, light too much or not enough. Is there an air circulating fan moving the plants a little?

Ferts wise general hydroponics, earth juice, humboldt, fox farm are all good. If their is a local hydro store around you they will carry all those brands. If you don't have one near you they all can be ordered online.

Like nouvelle said don't use shultz, I used it once and it gave me problems especially with burn. I still have the bottle sitting off to the side cause I never use it.

Yes there is a fan in the grow box. It is not an oscillating fan but it is a fan none the less. I only water when the soil is dry 3" into the soil, and my temp is around 80 degrees. The temp has been hard for me to regulate since the grow box is in my basement. Question though: If I did burn her again, which I can't see how since I didn't give any of the nutes that I just bought, wouldn't all of her leaves be the same in texture?

Hi DevilDog. The things the other folks here have told you are correct in my opinion. Benny brought up something VERY important. If you haven't already, you will need a ph pen. They can be had on e-bay for under $20 shipped. If the PH doesn't stay within a certain range, it doesn't matter what kind or how much nutrients you give your plants, your plants will not be able to use or process them. First make sure the ph of any water or nute solution you give them is between 6.3-6.8. I go with 6.5 generally. After that, when you water them, ph test some of the water that runs out the bottom, it also needs to be within range. If its out of range, you can get it within range by adjusting the water or nute solution that you give the plant slightly up or down. I recommend letting them veg a while longer, at least until you see some preflowers and can determine sex. They will need to go into bigger pots with more room to grow and more soil. I would go with at least 2 gallon containers, maxi pots are real good, you can google them, they are 3.1 gal. square shape. After you get that, I would figure out the feeding issues. I have found the Fox Farm Trio to very easy for beginners, and have had really good results with it, like nouvellechef showed above. Whatever kind you get, I recommend to start lower than the recommended dosage, like quarter or half strength, till you get a feel for what the plant can handle. All strains can handle different amounts of fertilizers.

Thank you sweeney, my ph is about 6.4 right now and my light is about 10" from the top of her. Since I have 4 plants total, all growing at different heights I figured that 10" from the top of "stupid" is fine and within a good range. I have three 120 mm fans mounted on the exterior of the box, two blow in and one blowing out. As far as the pots, I have 3 gal buckets that I plan to use when she gets a bit bigger. I plan to use the MG moisture control potting soil when I transplants them into bigger pots. But I'm not sure as to a basic watering schedule. I have been watering them when the soil is dried 3" below the surface. When should I water them?

Also what is the amount of time before I can set her to flowering?

When its dry and a bit droppy, water. Flower when your height dictates. If you have not run the strain before, dont let her get out of control on ya. GL

devildog5524 said:
Thank you sweeney, my ph is about 6.4 right now and my light is about 10" from the top of her. Since I have 4 plants total, all growing at different heights I figured that 10" from the top of "stupid" is fine and within a good range. I have three 120 mm fans mounted on the exterior of the box, two blow in and one blowing out. As far as the pots, I have 3 gal buckets that I plan to use when she gets a bit bigger. I plan to use the MG moisture control potting soil when I transplants them into bigger pots. But I'm not sure as to a basic watering schedule. I have been watering them when the soil is dried 3" below the surface. When should I water them?

It sounds like a good method to use as for the soil being dry 3" below surface. There really is no "set" watering schedule because there are many variables. I also can tell when to water by picking the pots up and feeling the weight of them. When they are real light, I can determine most of the water has been used up. Also plants use different amounts at different stages of growth. I would let them veg until you see preflowers and can determine sex. When growing from seed, there is not that much benefit flowering them early. Now clones are a different story, they can be put into 12/12 once they are rooted and transplanted, because they are sexually mature already, assuming the plant they were cut from was mature. Also, if you notice, the MG soil is made primarily with wood and tree bark pieces. I have used it before with varied results. I recommend a soil that is made with better materials. I can get Fox Farms soils from local hydro shops for under $20 for a 1.5 cubic ft bag. A bag of it should take care of your 4 plants, and give you peace of mind by knowig you have given them the good stuff. Good soil pays dividends in the end, believe me on that.

I want to thank you guys so much. All the information you have given me has been worth it's weight in gold. So again thank you guys and I will keep you guys posted as to how they are doing.

Latest posts

Back