Need help identifying this car I saw...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SmokinMom

Cool lookin limo. We've ruled out Vanden Plas and Rolls Royse....I really don't think its a Jag...

Any ideas?

Thanks 4 lookin.

:D

lights are similar to an old bentley. but i really have no idea.
i agree, it's definatly not a jag though.

Beats me. I may need to drive back over there now that I am so curious.

:p

I am to high and clueless:bolt::bong2:

bentley.jpgits a bentley mom :D

If you can afford a bentley, then you can afford to have it "customized" by Bently !

Maybe it's a Chinese knockoff of the Bently, they make a copy of almost every car, motorcycle, and truck made by the rest of the world.

:bong: Uh..what was the question again?..lol...i woulda said Rolls so i guess my input is no good...

SSH is right. Its a Bentley nosepiece thats forsure. The rest could be anything welded together. Probably an old Caddie or something.
Bentley didnt make stretched limos back then I dont believe.

SherwoodForest said:
Maybe it's a Chinese knockoff of the Bently, they make a copy of almost every car, motorcycle, and truck made by the rest of the world.

That's what I was thinking.

The shape of the Bentley above the wheels seems more like a perfect 1/2 circle, while this car isn't. And the small lights on the side, near the front of the car looks different too.

I think were getting closer to figuring this out.

Someone on another group suggested it was a Daimler DS 420. Look at the wheels and the hood ornament. But.....my pic has an additional window.

How funny if it really is a Daimler DS 420. The hood ornament looks similiar too.

:p

To me that looks like a custom bently limo rolls hybrid.

I see parts from both cars.

the ole' 420......it looks like you found out what it is and how ironic that its model DS 420.

Think Moms has nailed it.

Constant busy server tryin to upload. So here.
hxxp://www.elitiste.com.cy/upload_car/main_photo29.JPG

The Bentley during about the same timeframe had Dual Sunken headlights.
like this.
hxxp://www.limousineservicenj.com/images/bentley_limousine/bentley-limousine.jpg

Super Silver Haze said:
the ole' 420......it looks like you found out what it is and how ironic that its model DS 420.

I know right...:giggle:

But the real pic of the 420 only has 3 side windows...this one has 4. Maybe it's a super stretch???

:confused2:

Chop job SM.
The chassis look alot higher than original.
Alot of times when they chop for limos they use truck chassis cause their thicker, and can extend if needed without getting weaker.
So they either cut the car body in half, and welded another in the middle. Or they found one that was in a front end collision and cut off the front. Then cut off behind the back glass of the other to make it that long.
I dont know, but seen it done both of those ways. Once using a Gremlin, and another using a few old junked mustangs.

Latest posts

Back