Need help on finding this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EsC420PoT

Hydro Indoor Grower
Reaction score
Im growing out of my town house and i have to pay Home Owners Association. And that means they get to tell me how the outside appearance of my place has to look... (i know right? why did i buy this place?) Anyways, the way i did this, was put a air conditioner out my window, hollowed out everything so that its damn near empty (but looks intact) and hooked up my intake fan so that it was sucking air through the air conditioner. So that 1. ppl wont see an obvious looking high powered grow fan, and 2. so that that's what ppl would blame the sound on, if they happen to be walking by. But, now HOA is telling me that i have to take down my "Air conditioner" because its an eyesore from my window.. I'm so happy to be alive..:) i raised hell and have done all i can, but in the end, am forced to take it down... So now to my question...

---------if your to lazy to read all that and just dont care, heres my question.----
What type of material can i buy that will cover my window to make it look like a blanket or something over my window, but still allow the air to pass through for my intake fan? And, where can i find something like this? Thanks :)

I don't know of anything. Is there any way you can pull air from under your house at one of the foundation vents in the block work? pic added for those that don't know what a foundation vent is.

CA4PYZ0J.jpg

yes you can just hook the ducting up to your vent and have it suck in the air from outside threw that vent. Wish i had one of them...

Anyone know of anything that could help me tho? i have to figure something out within the next couple of days or i'm gonna get fined... Thanks

Do a bathroom grow like I do. Bathrooms have everything u need already built in......Water,drain,fart fan,and bathtub to place the girls in...Just add lights!

wish i could... But my lady wont let me since she has ppl over and ****.. I have it in one of the rooms... with only that one window. And no, no chimney at all. its all good i can use the window. Iv seen materials used to cover windows that allow air threw but make it look like theres just a blanket or blinds over it from the outside. Thats what im lookin for.

You could get some black felt maybe:confused: or a thin fleece blanket!

Do you have access to the roof cavity or floor crawl space in your place?

What I would do is put a door register in the door to the room, you can get them with carbon filters installed and also with spigots on the back for ducting. I would put that through the door or if there is room above the door in the architrave install it there. Use that for supply air and vent through the roof, floor or wall.

doorgrille.gif

Dont ya just hate HOA's, I EDIT really hate them. they arent going to like a blanket on your window either.

I can see why you you may need to exhaust outside but

why do you need to draw air in from outside?

Get some venetian blinds and make sure you have them turned the right way IE stand outside your window and try to see through, If you can turn them the other way up.

I lived in a ground floor flat with a footpath next to the window and with these blinds no-one could see in

Another good tip is to install a blind inside the window frame and attach some panda or a heavy blanket inside.

hm... i take it back, them venetain blinds have to much wind resistance. I was looking for more of a fabric that i could just put over the whole window, and allows air to go threw it. And then put w/e blind on top of that. So that from the outside they just see the what looks like to be blinds. To get an example of what im talking about, watch this quick clip,

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tELqDZ6f1rI&playnext=1&list=PLEB93CE1D8C5467AB

and go to the 2:00 min mark. And see the blinds he puts up? and then go to the 3:00 min mark. The black material he puts over it? THATS EXACTLY what i'm trying to find and get. Please check out that link and leme know where i can get that stuff. Thanks!

solar window screens sound to me like what you are looking for. they block heat and light but let air flow thru

ozzydiodude said:
solar window screens sound to me like what you are looking for. they block heat and light but let air flow thru

I think so, if it blocks out the view from the outside then yes! thats exactly what im lookings for. where can i get this?

And what blind are these called in the link at 2:00 min? And where could i find those as well? Thanks guys!

just goolge "solar window screen' a you'll find whit you are looking for.

Sory I don't watch vids comp to old and don't play the new vids right.

ozzydiodude said:
just goolge "solar window screen' a you'll find whit you are looking for.

Sory I don't watch vids comp to old and don't play the new vids right.

Hm.... Thats not really what im looking for. I already have a screen on the window, what i need is the blinds and fabric that guy uses in the video, you kinda need to watch that link to get a good understanding of what i'm looking for... But thanks, i appriciate it regardless. Although once i find what im looking for, i might replace my current screen with one of them solar window screens, to help stealth it a bit more.

So if someone could please check out the link and tell me what and where i can find these items. I'd greatly appreciate it. Go to 2:00 min for the blinds and 3:00 for the materials. Thanks :)

link: hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tELqDZ6f1rI&playnext=1&list=PLEB93CE1D8C54 67AB

@2 minutes is a bambu drapery

@3 minutes is a normal nylon drapery

Hope that helps

bho_expertz said:
@2 minutes is a bambu drapery

@3 minutes is a normal nylon drapery

Hope that helps

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Good lookin out bho! Exactly what i needed ;) So where could i find a nylon drapery? and im guessing i could get the bambu at like Home Depot? OR possibly the nylon as well from Home Depot??

don't know man live in europe ;)

but the window that he has has some sort of air entrance on top ... it is not a closed window ...

bho_expertz said:
don't know man live in europe ;)

but the window that he has has some sort of air entrance on top ... it is not a closed window ...

oh crap! didn't notice that u were from europe! Must be great to live there! But ya i know that, he has the window slightly open, but has it to where it looks closed. Thats what ima do, except have it like half way open.

Latest posts

Back