Need help With problem...with Pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pickle

Reaction score
I current have 4 blue mystics growing in soil under 2 90w leds. I'm have a problem with the new growth. It seems they are turning yellow but the veins are staying green. I assumed it was a maganism problem so I added 1/4 teaspoon of epsom salt per gallon of water and split the water evenly between the plants. It seemed to help, but didnt solve the problem. Several days later, I watered with magenism again as described with some improvement, but the problem still exists. Any ideas what going on here? I'm ready to flower, but am holding off until I get this problem solved.

103_3820.JPG

103_3822.JPG

103_3823.JPG

Sadly, I do not have a ph meter. I know, I know, i need one. I'm gonna pick one up tomorrow. I have some pool ph test strips. Think they might work?

Yes, Pickle, get the pH meter. You'll be glad you did.

MindzEye said:
They will give you an idea of the range, but if you can pick up a ph meter, get a digital and not one of those $10 soil probe meters they are worse than the pool strips... A meter will be one of the most valuble investments you make...

Hello Pickle :)

Mindz is telling the truth.

We have thousands and thousands and thousands of posts about plant problems and 99% of them come down to people not having a PH digital reader.

A PH tester is going to be the most important bit of equipment you will ever own :aok:

:peace:

After the Mg water didnt work, I was thiking it might be the PH. Going to the store today to pick one up. Luckly a hydro store opened not to far from here.

You cannot determine ANYTHING about the health of your plant if your pH is off. The thing is that it could still be a Mg deficiency, but if your pH is off, your plant may not be able to uptake the Mg, no matter how much you give it.

The Hemp Goddess said:
You cannot determine ANYTHING about the health of your plant if your pH is off. The thing is that it could still be a Mg deficiency, but if your pH is off, your plant may not be able to uptake the Mg, no matter how much you give it.

Howdy HG,,giving good info as always. PH PH PH very important. Ya have everything else right on the money,,and if the PH is off,,yur screwed.:confused:

Just a different view... pH works within ranges for MJ & it is a highly adaptable plant. As long as you fall within the range of 5.5-6.5 (hydro), your plants will likely adapt nicely & do just fine... as long as things are kept consistent. Massive fluctuations & it will never be right. You can dial this in, for sure, but honestly... good enough usually works.

Research the pH pens/meters... they are problematic, at best. Personally have dumped nearly a G on them over the years & fully back to the pH drops... they work all the time & just fine to fit into a narrow range. Bright yellow is your goal of 6.0. Light orange tint to the predominately yellow... 5.6-5.8. Light green tint to the predominately yellow... 6.2-6.4. Once you get the coloring down... easy as pie & always accurate to this range... better than many of the meters you can purchase for under 800. Peace.

Yo Ho pickle,

Just to echo what your reading here. The folks are correct about being ever so careful and use a good pH meter, or strips, or even the drops.
Something else to be aware of is that while your probably getting your grow under control remember that fixing the Mg problem doesn't fix the damage already done, but instead it keeps the damage from progressing any further than it already is. Just so your not down on yourself about it, I have two ladies that are both supposed to be Blue/Mystic, but one of them was doing the exact same thing as yours. A few alterations like some epsom, and a couple of flushes, and my gal is a new lady, hoping for the same for you my friend...

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

Went an picked up a digital Ph meter today from the Hydro store, Damn thing was 42 dollars. So do I test the soil, the runoff? I assuming I should checxk the PH of any nutes I give the plants and adjust the PH as needed to keep it range. Should I flush my soil to get everything back to square one or do I need to slowly adjust the ph of the soil?

Latest posts

Back