Need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffxcarter

Reaction score
ok im growing weed inside and i got fluro light but when they get above the soil they die like 3 days later there like 4'' away from the light wat am i doin wrong

what kind of soil? are u feeding them? Temperature? how many floros? etc?
Ur not giving very much info.

Man, u must be doing something really wrong. More info!

sorry first time but im using organic choice for the soil yea im feeding them and i got this thang were u can over eater them and wat do u mean about how many fluros

Light is important. How many lights do you have and how much lumenus are they putting off.

They just die? Sounds like its way to HOT!!! or way to COLD!!! Maybe a picture if possible? It would help a lot.

Are you adding fertilizer? That would be a No-No at this point.

Sounds to me like the feeding isnt needed as of yet, seedlings dont need any kind of nutes. That organic mix your using it is a MG product isnt it? That stuff has way too many nutes in it for seedlings IMO use some top soil for starts in a 20 oz cup and then after a couple weeks worth of growing they should be ready to transplant into what ever size potter you want to make permanent homes, with any soil then after the one month mark you can start feeding nutes again. take a look at [thread=9396]this thread[/thread] it has a ton of helpful advice in it.

k and today i bought some tomato grower thing were u put the seed in the middle and just add water should i use it?

Post a pic of it. If you are talking about what I think you are then I can tell you that ppl do use em.

it looks like this but for tomatos

example.jpg

Better do a little more research. Read, read and read.

ok and for the plants that were dying look like there in something like that but i add the soil and a plastic cover goes on top should i keep on or off after the seeds sprout above soil

Gotta keep seedlings in the open. That pic is of a peet pellet tray, you dont want to use that IMO peet is a bit too strong for seedlings would be good for cuttings and clones though. Heres a Thread that may help you out on getting them babies going in the right direction.

Peat is a little more acidic than soil. I use a mix of 80% Potting Soil, 10% Peat Moss, 5% Vermiculite, and 5% Perlite and it gets the job done really well.

ok but i know how much water should I add every 3 days would that be good?

You are over-watering the seedlings if you water every 3 days. - That will definately kill them!...Try checking the soil about an inch below the surface (the exposed top-soil will dry out faster than down towards the roots) and then you can feel if it's time to rewater. - It may be a week, or longer before you need to rehydrate. HTH. :cool:

You can get a cheap moisture meter from home depot, lowes, or any garden supply. That will help keep you from over watering. You can also get a small bag of seed starting soil there. It has minimal nutes and works well.

Try starting your seeds in something like "Rapid Rooters". You do not need nutrients until they are well rooted and ready to be put into a pot and they help keep a good air/water mixture to the roots.

I also use rock wool cubes.

Latest posts

Back