Need some help with this build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sampson

Reaction score
Hey everyone, well me and my friend can grow now so we need your help. We did our measurement for the box and we can build a box with these demensions: 22" width 34" long and 43" high. Were not quite sure on how many plants we can have in this area so if anyone can please inform me on that I appreciate it.

Our next big thing is the lighting. I'm not positive on what to pick so I was wondering if you guys can inform me on what wattage I would need if I went with a HPS setup, and if I went with a CFL what bulbs would I need. This way I am able to pick whats best and to relate/educate my friend. We already have some CFL bulbs thats why I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask cause we may have some of the bulbs we need.

The other thing I wasn't sure of is there a certain amount of air I should be blowing inside the box? I know I should have a fan at the top to blow the hot air out and a fan at the bottom to blow the cold air in, but should I be looking at a certain amount of fans for this box?

This isn't a hydro grow, we will be using Fox Farm and using Fox Farm nutes. I have a store locally that sells there products so I will be going there eventually to check everything out. While I am there I'm going see if he has PH meters, is there any other tool I should look at getting?

Hopefully we can get this box up and going soon!

Hey everyone, well me and my friend can grow now so we need your help. We did our measurement for the box and we can build a box with these demensions: 22" width 34" long and 43" high. Were not quite sure on how many plants we can have in this area so if anyone can please inform me on that I appreciate it.
You will get lots of opinions, if it was me...I would cram 2-3 clones per sq ft and flower at about 6-8inches.

Our next big thing is the lighting. I'm not positive on what to pick so I was wondering if you guys can inform me on what wattage I would need if I went with a HPS setup, and if I went with a CFL what bulbs would I need.
I would get a 400watt switchable ballast with a cool tube. You probably won't be happy with CFL buds.

The other thing I wasn't sure of is there a certain amount of air I should be blowing inside the box? I know I should have a fan at the top to blow the hot air out and a fan at the bottom to blow the cold air in, but should I be looking at a certain amount of fans for this box?
If you get a decent exhaust fan you can get away with a passive intake in most situations.

check out my gorw it's cfl's we have almost the same dimensions. i also am useing fox farm soil and nutes. hope it helps some.

Should I use any specific size wood for the box? We were thinking about using either 1x1's or ripping 2x4's in half to 2x2's for the structure support and then we have plywood already I just fryer the thickness. Would the 1x1's or 2x2's be ok for frame? Any specific width for plywood we should use?

Sampson said:
Should I use any specific size wood for the box? We were thinking about using either 1x1's or ripping 2x4's in half to 2x2's for the structure support and then we have plywood already I just fryer the thickness. Would the 1x1's or 2x2's be ok for frame? Any specific width for plywood we should use?

depends dude.. you can use 1/4-3/4" plywood
i have a 3/4" plywood mother/clone box that i just caulked and screwed togther..wrks great... 1.5-2" would be good also. then you could go with a 1/8-1/4" plywood.. for the amount of plants unless your gonna do a SOG or SCROG i wouldnt break the 1 plant per sqft rule... your just hurting yourself.. more isnt always better.... same as the light... get a good one a 400W hps/mh and a cool tub is what i run, but i use the hps as well to veg.. i also have a tent so i run 2 fans 1 for positive air feed.. but i can also keep my 400W 6-8" off the tops without burning them...;)
hope this helps out a lil bit...if any..
(also i must mention im no pro..)
LH

Latest posts

Back