Need sum input

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KP419

Reaction score
MY plants just started their 11th week of flowering and I grew these last grow and were done in 8 to 9 weeks. I have one plant with a 12inch cola and at the very top I just realized it started a new growth, its almost like it started veg stage again. No other plant has this and do not know why. These plants were clones I had a friend hold onto while I was moving and when i got them back they were not in good shape but I got them to come back and were doing great and haven't been stressed since. The thrichromes on them are still clear/cloudy and should be about half amber by now. I am starting to think I need to just call it a day and cut them down, ready or not. I do think I have an issue with the water in my house though, just about a month ago we have been itchin after we get out the shower and dont know why and water is high in PH straight out of tap. These plants do not have a smell either unless u break open a bud. I welcome all input on this because I am stumped and this is a new situation for me, never had this issue.

Sounds like you might have a light leak shining directly on that particular plant forcing it to reveg

pics would help, but it may be fox-tailing and not revegging

I will post pics in a minute so you can see and I sealed all leaks with foam insulation but will definitly check that out when lights turn off.

I'm thinking foxtailing, too, pcduck. The first time you encounter it, it is rather strange looking.

any suggestions why i am in 11th week of flowering and plants are not nearly as far along as they should be? How long does an average hps bulb last? I have never had any plant take this long even the previous clones of this plant including mother. Usually 8-9 weeks maybe its just me becoming impatient lol but no i really do believe they should be done or able to cut within a week buyt the way its looking itll be 3 more weeks.

To much N will delay or even stop flowering.

having some issues with attaching pics for some reason it does this to me every once and awhile soon as it lets me pics will be here

you know what to much N may be whats wrong because i grabbed to wrong bottle of nutes 2 weeks ago and put Grow nute in instead of the bloom, grow has alot more N then rest of nutes and I left it alone because I figured it would be ok. I guess thats what i get for feeding them right after smoking. maaaannnn

why does this keep saying upload error attachment in progress. it can be deleted here and it does nothing after that. its happened before but them worked again, now this.

I am clueless :confused2:

Mine only come back oversized sometimes and it says that.

Maybe they are having server problems :confused2:

How much N is too much N in flowering? Would one feeding cause them to stop?

I don't really know how much N is too much. I know that my hydro plants always get some during flowering, since the GH Micro has N and if you are running all 3 parts, you give some grow formula during flowering and that has N in it, too. I am not thinking that 1 feeding is going to be too detrimental.

Are these clones from the plant that had previously take 8-9 weeks? You mentioned that these clones were not in good shape when you got them back. I think that sometimes when plants get a hard start in life that it just takes them longer to finish.

However, make sure that you do not have any light leaks. We have not determined why you are experiencing weird growth yet, whether it is revegging or foxtailing. Those are 2 very different things. Foxtailing is okay, but revegging means a problem in your flowering space.

how long have you been running that hps bulb? as the bulb ages it begins to loose lumens. also sativa strains have been known to have multiple windows for harvest. in between these harvest windows, sativa's will sometimes experience small growth spurs.

what i'm thinking is, in your previous grow your plants finished before ever reaching the second harvesting window b/c your hps light was still running at optimal output.

i experienced the growth spur in my first grow, mainly because i was running cfl's at the bare minimum lumens per sq/ft (5000). therefore the strain i was growing was supposed to finish at about 9-10 weeks actually took me 13 before it became mostly cloudy.

if i remember correctly, rule of thumb is to use hps bulbs for about a year then replace. i know the more expensive ones do tend to last a little longer, but i think most people just buy the cheap ones and toss em after about a year

i may be way off base here with my response as a whole, but when u said "they had a growth spur, like their vegging" it got me thinking of the multiple harvest windows that you can get with sativa's

I had this problem last grow. One of my timers went bad while on vacation. stayed on they started revegging. It sucked because it took forever for them to go back to flowering and finish.

I finally got these pics to upload here they are! I have had this HPS bulb for 3 grows now and when I first got it my plants took off during flowering, they finished on time and strong but is taking forever this grow so think i will go get another one and see what that does. Thanks for the info shortbus!

20120930002319.jpg

20120930002350.jpg

20120930002255.jpg

20120930002306.jpg

just to be thorough. i believe that it was a year of continued use. i dont want you buying anything b/c i gave advise that was not 100% accurate

Latest posts

Back