New Grow Will Grow Into Cold Weather??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunkin2

Reaction score
hello.
i finally got my first grow under control. buds are flurishing wild on 4 plants. i expect a good yeild from what i see now. about 3-4 weeks harvest time.
anyhow i want to start a new grow in another box i had built. it is 2ft x 4ft x 7ft tall. i want only 1 or 2 plants under 600w hps, soil.
my question is: cold weather will arrive in the middle of flowering. my intake air comes from outside which will be cold air. especially at night. 600w will heat up the box pretty good but not enough when it gets colder.
should i:
1) put a small heater into the box?
2) heat the air before it enters the box?
3) all suggestions will help.
also, i have ww, nl, biggie-little/ and some bag seed. is there a strain which would better handle elements of cooler air?
the box is in a big unheated wood shed.
thanks.....

i dont know how you would go about heating the air before it enters. but, i know that the cold will effect them, probably badly too. can you get a heater in that wood shed near your intake? that would probably work, but remeba to keep an eye on the temps for about a week or so, to ensure you dont fry them.

why 1 or 2 plants?? i reckon you could fit 3 large ladies in there, at least. but i suppose you could get 1 or 2 very large ladies in there too :D

good luck tho BUNKIN2, and let us know how it gets on. ill enjoy watching out to see if you pull this off.

peace 85C

At the very least, you could vent the cold air through your HPS, before it goes in your room.

You could also buy a temperature switch, which could turn on a heater when the temp drops (set this up very carefully or not at all, it's easy to burn down a shack), or it could pull more cold air in if it got too high. These aren't cheap, but they can make life easy in a situation like yours.

Northern lights will probably handle the lower temperature better, it's suited for more northern climates (lower light, lower temps).

How is your shed set up? Does it have insulation? If it doesn't, you can expect cold spots around the perimeter of the room. It'll also make your problem a lot harder to deal with, because your shed temperature will vary with the weather that day.

Latest posts

Back