New grower in need of help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i5am1nsane

Reaction score
hi everybody, i started growing about 4 weeks ago and i started off with some white widow seeds. quickly did i learn that i didnt know anything on how to grow so unfortunately all of my money i spent on white widow seeds was wasted on some dead plants :mad:. but lets get to now.

Now i have about 20 plants growing they are all around 1-2weeks old. recently i have noticed that the leaves are beginning to curl down. i just placed them in 2gal/1gal grow bags using (mg moisture control and adding about 25% perlite to the mix). any advice on what to do would help. i am also afraid of overwatering them. how often to water? how to check? any tips and tricks anything will help. thank you :)

bud 001.jpg

bud 002.jpg

bud 005.jpg

p.s. the perlite on the top is to relflect light, that is NOT what my medium looks like

why would you want to reflect sunlight? anyway, the seedling stage is very delicate, at least for me. that sounds like not enuff lite. they are drooping.you have to have the right balance of water and lite.

Welcome to MP. How often are you watering them right now? Do you have a fan blowing on them? What are the temps in your room right above the plants? Watering your plants is easy once you get it down. IMHO you should only have to water every 4 to 7 days. A very easy way to check if they need water is by sticking your finger in the soil about 2 inches deep. If the soil is still a bit wet let it go for another day. If it's dry they need a drink.

i have a 400watt MH on them a fan blowing and the temps are around 75-77 during day and 69-70 at night. i didnt water them at all yesterday and it looks like i may have been overwatering. some are beginning to look better but some are starting to look worse. i guess every plant has its own needs. is it normal for perlite to turn yellow? what about yellow spots on leaves. here are some few updated pics as well. these things grow so fast :D. another question i have is: i am using miracle grow moisture control and the bag says there are enough nutrients for 3 months of plant growth. does that mean i need no nutrients for my plants?

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

Yes perlite will turn a yellow color from the dirt. Nothing to worry about. In some cases you will get some yellow spots on the leaves when using MG soil. I'll be the first to tell ya this because that's all we use. ;) Most of the time they will work themselves out of it. As far as nutes go don't give them anything but plain water.

plain water, this time you did has too much pertiles, but thats ok, let plants live with that.. try to water them once a week or until soils getting too dry, then its time to water them, this time.. maybe mh light can be too much for baby plants, if ya have some T5 flo lights, or cfl lights, that will help them to grow better then undergoing to MH lights by then.. I saved lot of plants from dying by using flours. lights..

Hi everyone! got a nice forum in here..maijuana is not as bad as i thought,..given the right knowledge and unbiased people!

how big should i grow these before i start budding them, ive been reading around and it seems like for a 400w MH indoor i should start around 12-18" does that sound about right?

Latest posts

Back