new grower in threads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathPanx420

Reaction score
hi im robb i have some seedlings growing right now under50 watt fluros i plann on buying 2 100 watt cfl "fluro" int the next week for veggie growth

i have one question could i grow through vegataive growth and flower my girls all with 2 100 watt cfl's???

was wonering what was yelwish dryed up leave caused from adde dntohign but watter so far i think it might have got burned by one light pleae reply i love help thanks

Welcome to MP. Glad to have ya here. I replied to your question in your other thread. As far as yellow dead leaves it could be your light or it could be something else. Do you have any pics you could post?

DeathPanx420 said:
hi im robb i have some seedlings growing right now under50 watt fluros i plann on buying 2 100 watt cfl "fluro" int the next week for veggie growth

i have one question could i grow through vegataive growth and flower my girls all with 2 100 watt cfl's???

was wonering what was yelwish dryed up leave caused from adde dntohign but watter so far i think it might have got burned by one light pleae reply i love help thanks
you cant grow real bud with cfls. If you want nugs, that are dense at all get a hps. therry cheap on ebay

That's an untrue statement, I've grown plenty of dense, rock hard bud with cfl's. It all depends on how much light your plants are getting.

headband said:
you cant grow real bud with cfls. If you want nugs, that are dense at all get a hps. therry cheap on ebay

i can grow i perfect crop fromn vegg ti harvest with Cfl jsut depend on wattage and luumens i got a goos setup i think

You can grow small nugs with cfl's. Funny, stringy, and wispy small nugs. You think you can even compare to a 1000 watt hps????? Thats a crazy assumption, and a funny one. I will triple that best harvest you ever got from a cfl. They are for begining of grow and yes they can be used throughout the cycle. But they will NEVER come close to an HID. Try it and see. I have done side by sides.

50,000 lumens of light in the proper spectrum, is 50,000 lumens of the proper spectrum, regardless of it's source. With proper application, and under identical conditions, IMHO, there should be little if any difference in the outcome.
Of course 150,000 lumens are going to out perform 50,000 in most cases. But let's see you put your 1k in a 2'x2'x4' cabinet.. :p
I too, belive that hid's are watt for watt, lumen for lumen, more effecient for our hobby. But.. for some micro/stealth op's, may not be a reasonable option.
I will admit, that I don't understand the logic, of useing 400 watts of cfls, where a 400 watt hps is a feasable option.

Thank you hick, it's about time that someone understands its about the lumens not the light source. Not everyone has the money or space to set up HID or HPS lights. I bought an HPS once and grew a crop with it to compare with my bud from cfl and I just wasn't impressed with it. It sat in my garage collecting dust until I gave it to a friend.

Buuut do the CFL's have the right light spectrum for our plants. If i where to replace my 400mh with cfl's how many would i need? A whole crap load:doh:. Even my 400 watter isnt enough for my 15 plants. Thats why i bought the big mama 1000 watter for the job:hubba:

dmack said:
Buuut do the CFL's have the right light spectrum for our plants. If i where to replace my 400mh with cfl's how many would i need? A whole crap load:doh:. Even my 400 watter isnt enough for my 15 plants. Thats why i bought the big mama 1000 watter for the job:hubba:

Using 6500k cfl's for vegg and 2700k for flowering works just fine for me thanks. Remember, think out of the box, not everyone wants to spend the money for hps, nor does everyone have the space. Especially when I could veg and flower your 15 plants under my cfl's for less than half the price of your 1000w and still get 3/4 of the yield.

How many cfl's would i need? and all the trouble moving each light when they get big? have a pic of your setup?

To replicate a 400w hps or 1000w hps? You have to raise Hps lights as well when the plants get bigger. I don't have a current setup, but I will search through my photos and find a picture or two of old setups.

mal_crane said:
Thank you hick, it's about time that someone understands its about the lumens not the light source. Not everyone has the money or space to set up HID or HPS lights. I bought an HPS once and grew a crop with it to compare with my bud from cfl and I just wasn't impressed with it. It sat in my garage collecting dust until I gave it to a friend.
this is where im coming frif had like a crap loads of cfl's pumping out 50000 lumens im pretty sure i could get a good harvest but this is just an assumption ia am new and dont doubt your knowledge but i read that like he said it doesnt matter the type of light just lumens that all my response was too

Latest posts

Back