New grower limited space and experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newfish70

Reaction score
finally decided to have a go at growing my own trouble is I ain't done it before thinking of a grow tent working area is 2mx1.2mx2.2m high do you get everything required in these grow kits or do I need a different approach like buying separately could do with some input guys fed up Gettin my pants pulled down by so called dealers

Welcome to MP, I would stay away from those "kits". You can put one together cheaper on your own and you will not get cheated with crappy parts. Read the resources sticky for more info. The basic needs:

Grow space(tent)
Lights (HO T5's for veg and an HPS for flower)
Ventilation (inline fan)
Nutrients (GH 3 part is cheap and works great)

You are going to have to do some research and reading on your own. While we can give you suggestions, ultimately, you are going to have to get your own space set up. It is important to understand what you need to grow great bud and the biology of the plant.

Tell us more about this space. Is this a closet area? The area you are talking about is not really that small. Converting to dimensions that I can visualize, I get approx 6.5' x 4' x 7'. Depending on how the door is situated, you may be able to have both a vegging place and a flowering place, which is what I prefer.

What is your budget for this project? I'm with Hamster on the grow kits. You are far better off buying things "ala carte". Some of the things that come in the kits are totally unsuited for what they are supposed to do, like duct booster fan for exhaust fans and pH kits that use strips rather than a meter for hydro set-ups.

hey man, i just pieced together another setup and got a hella deal.

i sourced ebay for most of it and got quality gear for a low price to my door.

I got a 1k digi setup with xxxl magnum hood, 6 inch vortex fan , digi timer and yoyo hangers for 230.00 shipped ups in 4 days from cali. i got the duct for 15 bux with two clamps, big zipties for 4 dollars for 20 at home depot. a 10X25 sheet of panda film and a heavy duty zipper with 2 way adhesive and reflective material on the inside for 20 bux (made my tent out of it) and a used ebb and flow system for 100 bux off craigslist. i got set up for under 500 bux nutes and all.

Yup that up top and now ya hooked ;) Good luck yur new journy pilgrem I hope yur trails suit ya ;)

BWD

Thanks everyone for your comments I will continue on my quest to save money and grow my own nxt step grow tent thank sure we will speak soon

Latest posts

Back