new grower need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bud smoker84

Reaction score
so i just went out back today and realized som1 had planted a seed in one of my moms pots.... shes cool with it cuz were graduated and everythin now but i think its getting to big for the pot. It's 5-6 inches tall and the pot is very small. i have some pictures of the pot and the pot im going to move it to. Is this pot going to big enough or should i get a bigger one? and how do i move it?

neal 001.jpg

neal 002.jpg

neal 008.jpg

neal 007.jpg

neal 003.jpg

you got strech bad=s weak stems. im afriad some one will recommend you just lying your hand flat on the soil and just turning you container upside down to contain the rootball. im afriad the soil will just fall off and the stem might break because youve never done a transplant. at this stage the plant is very tender...and because it has little foilage the rootball isnt as big as one might think because its height.

i would say to either be very gentle and when the soil is damp dig yuor hands on either side of the plant and make a cup under the soil ...digging all the way to the bottom of the pot and gathering as much soil as possilbe to stay away from the rootball.

or if you wanna take the chance and wait till the soil drys up good and try the method i was worried about.

i would say not to move it but maybe start lsting and supercropping, id lst first then sc. hit the search link and then just let the plant get some strength to her...then youd have better odds at the transplant that might be needed in another week er two. get some dolomite lime and mix in the soil of the transplanting container to help buffer ph and condition soil.

make sure not to use mircale grow soil as most off them contain slow release nutrients that can burn and kill your baby.

get a ph meter and check the ph of the water yer giving it, and the water that comes throught the pot. ph needs to be 6.5 or around that.

goodluck

I'd say you shouldnt transplant for a while, TOA is right in that it is still very weak w/o a large root system, so there's no real need to transplant until it gets stronger, my plants are at exactly the same stage right now, stretched out and weak, and in that size pot, i'm just waitin for em to beef up a bit, does anybody have any advice on how to cure stretchedness?

does anybody have any advice on how to cure stretchedness?
The plants need more intense light period. Either get them in the sun for a longer period of the day or move them closer to the lights.

Latest posts

Back