New Indoor grower.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WiTeFiRe

Lifes Good
Reaction score
I have never grown indoors, and I am about to start a slightly large(to me anyways) indoor project. Theres a few things a want to know before I start though.

I am hopefully getting about 20 super skunk seeds, and I have two sheds, but one is kinda humid(the larger one). I think I can fit the plants in the two sheds but I might flower the small one early and move some in from the larger one and just keep a cycle like that all year round. If anyone has any advice or comments on this please reply.

Also, I can't decide on the type of lighting, so some advice on this subject would help too.

And pretty much any other advice about growning in two seperate sheds starting with twenty super skunks.

WiTeFiRe said:
Also, I can't decide on the type of lighting, so some advice on this subject would help too.
This depends on how much you're willing to spend on it. Not just on the light fixtures themselves, but the electricity costs as well.

The best artificial lighting you can go with is using a Metal Halide for vegetative state, and a High Pressure Sodium bulb for flowering. Either of these HIDs will work fine throughout the full grow cycle though. These setups are more expensive than fluorescents since you need to buy a ballast, cord, bulb, and reflector, plus the electric costs to run them are much higher than fluorescents. You will have to keep the lights about 1-2 feet from the top of your plants too, so if your grow area doesn't have much height you could potentially run into space problems unless you use LST, SCRoG, or SoG. Plenty of ventilation is also needed when using HID lighting, you will need an exhaust fan and preferably an intake fan in addition to that.

Fluorescent lights will produce wispier buds, and in mostly all cases will yield a good portion less than an HID light would. Advantages are low running costs, very minimal venting required, almost no heat, and can be placed within 1.5 inches from the tops of your plants.

Whichever you choose to go with, you will want 5000 lumens/ft^2 or more for optimum yield.

I'd use one shed for veg and one for flower. That way you can have a continual harvest :D . I have a veg closet and a flower closet. Works like a charm. Every couple weeks I harvest one and then move another vegging plant to the flower room to take its place.

For lights: get some of those cheap 4ft flourescents for veg and HPS for flower.

Good luck! :watchplant:

Latest posts

Back