New lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernHoney

1st timer
Reaction score
Hello, just wanted to show you my new 400 watt MH, I've got 2 fans blowing around and everything is nice and cool, the lady bugs don't like it but hey it's always about them. Wanted to show you some of the babies, the one ww seems a little yellowish to me I have a close eye on it. Let me know what you think. Another thing I was wondering about for soil users have you heard of watering from the bottom? I heard someone say that is the best way to water but I would think it would cause root rot. Anyone do that?
Take care.

ok if it works now please take a look and I would appreciate any feedback if it doesn't I'm gonna go have a beer and a bong. ;)

022.JPG

028.JPG

031.JPG

Looking good....I always water from the top....just my preference...

they look good from here? I water from the top also.

What kind/size light are you using? You have some real stretch going on with that plant front right. I would be for getting the light a lot closer to your plants...

I thought they were stretching but wasn't sure, I'll move them up a bit. My bulb is a 400 watt MH. They are getting little leaves all over, I can't take my eyes of them.

Hi NorthernHoney!

I grow with 400's (2 of them) and I get those bulbs down to about 8" from the tops of my plants. Just make sure you've got good ventilation there.

But I'll tell you, that 2nd shot there looks like a real beauty. Nice and tight growth there.

NorthernHoney said:
They are getting little leaves all over, I can't take my eyes of them.
I sure know that feeling!:p

Ah shucks, thanks, I have 2 fans going one is ocillating and gently blows the plants, and one blows between the light and the ceiling. I am sooo paranoid about the heat. I'll head down and move them up right now I was afraid of burning them. Thank you very very much.

Latest posts

Back