New member from CT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Africanna

Reaction score
Glad to be here.

I'm a small time outdoor container grower that enjoys the sativas. That said, my last grow was JH which yielded quite generously.

Attachments

• 20210615_151313_HDR_Film1.jpg
    20210615_151313_HDR_Film1.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 15
Being in the southern half, will be preparing for a grow of some pure landrace strains, most likely MG
HI bud
I'm totally new on this site. So just feeling my way around right now.
What caught my eye immediately after signing up was your handle.
I'm an engelsman by birth but Ive been living here in Southern Spain for about 8 years, however I lived in good old SA for some years.
Durban from '81to '92, Seychelles from ' 92 to '96 , Capetown 96 - 2003
Hopefull
I'm in my seventies now, living alone in the campo & grow a few plants each year' cos I like weed.

Sounds like the both of you should go to the Misfits and O'l Cats threads and join in on the fun.
Had a look at misfits - I've always been a round peg in a square hole, (or t'other way round)
Need some guidance on posting (I'm a bit thick)
Wrote a post & it asked me for a recipient - I typed "all" which it didn't like.
Not figured out how to find my unsent message as yet.
Also, how do I set up so everyone, or only selected members can see & respond (if they choose to)

Had a look at misfits - I've always been a round peg in a square hole, (or t'other way round)
Need some guidance on posting (I'm a bit thick)
Wrote a post & it asked me for a recipient - I typed "all" which it didn't like.
Not figured out how to find my unsent message as yet.
Also, how do I set up so everyone, or only selected members can see & respond (if they choose to)
Just go into a thread ie: Misfits and page down to the blank new post window , once there type in your response in the field
Then click the post reply button (bottom right next to preview)
Easy Peasy

HI bud
I'm totally new on this site. So just feeling my way around right now.
What caught my eye immediately after signing up was your handle.
I'm an engelsman by birth but Ive been living here in Southern Spain for about 8 years, however I lived in good old SA for some years.
Durban from '81to '92, Seychelles from ' 92 to '96 , Capetown 96 - 2003
Hopefull
I'm in my seventies now, living alone in the campo & grow a few plants each year' cos I like weed.
Cheers.
Born and bred in the shadow of Table Mountain. Still here and loving it.
I'm into the good old mother genetics - DP, MG, Transkei varieties and the odd Swazi. Still on the lookout for Rooibaard which I won't ever find.

Cheers.
I'm into the good old mother genetics - DP, MG, Transkei varieties and the odd Swazi. Still on the lookout for Rooibaard which I won't ever find.
Well - you'll discover I'm no purist for me weed is weed.
you could probably do a cross with rooibos and beat Coca-Cola etc to the punch 😊me & wife and kids lived down your way from 96 to 2013 at Fishhoek.
I wonder if you you remember that, massive sign someone painted around that time on the coast road (past Camps Bay). It simply said "CAPE OF GOOD DOPE" in letters about 4 foot high.
in earlier times we lived in Durban - loved it there too.
worked, smoked dope, played chess, drank beer.
one of my ex Durban Jaapie buddies who used to share those pastimes with me now lives in Vancouver & we're still in good contact.
How'r you coping with the shit that's been going on over there in recent times?
Cape Town probably much less affected than Kwazulu-Natal.
Hope to see more from you here

Cheers.
Not a clue what Rooibard is please tell me.
I never grew in SA - always easy to get in any location and I'm no connoisseur - it always did the job and me and my good buddy Anthony De Waal used to just mull it up seeds and all, get stoned drink beer and play chess.
it would wreak havoc on T shirts, most of mine were covered with tiny scorch holes where the seeds would pop and embers fell on my chest. (that was up in Durbs)
A couple of years ago I re-establised contact with the Ant - he's still alive and well living in Vancouver for the last 15 years.

That pretty much explains what it is and some of its history.
As teenagers, we would always be very happy and excited to get our paws on some real Rooibaard from time to time - what a treat that was.

As time went by and good SA weed became more in demand with tourists and others, rural growers started sowing seeds obtained from outside of their traditional growing areas and these plants would pollinate the more pure old strains, even miles away and the rest is history.

So, while I live in hope of coming across some Rooibaard, the reality is that it probably doesn't exist in its original more pure form.

I'm nevertheless very fortunate to get DP, MG and SG seeds from rural growers from those areas and am very happy with their landrace purity and what they deliver

Latest posts

Back