New member.. Hello everyone..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to figure out if Fox Farm soil is worth the extra knowledge about how to manage when too much nutes and what to mix in with it.. o_O I'm so confused. I'm currently using MG soil mixed with perlite.

25944840.png

Ocean Forest is a nice soil to start with , may be too hot for seedlings so I start mine in a good starter soil and transfer to the OF when they outgrow the solo cups
Welcome to the Passion
welcome MP (1).jpg

I'm trying to figure out if Fox Farm soil is worth the extra knowledge about how to manage when too much nutes and what to mix in with it.. o_O I'm so confused. I'm currently using MG soil mixed with perlite.
I just finished my first grow. I used OF for my first transplant then used their frog dirt for the rest of the transplants (2 additional). The OF was not to much for my plants but I didn’t add nutes for a few weeks as there is plenty in the OF for a few weeks for them. I started their first nutes three weeks after transplant but went easy on them ad worked my way up to recommended label dosage on fox farms nutes. I am adding CALMAG to the water and would include it to my next grow right off the bat even if I’m not using nutes As it keeps the plants more beautiful and happy. Good luck on your grow. Looking forward to seeing updates

It's just dirt with enough nutes for 4 weeks or so. I use it as is for veg and add flower nutes when that time comes. I use their Ocean Forest.

Bubba

Hello C and welcome aboard

try some ProMix or Sunshine soil , it is more neutral with zero nutrients

all the best
big
Hey big, I’m getting ready to transplant my clones in the tent and was planning on using the fox farms frog dirt again. do you recommend dirt with zero nutes and just add your own opposed to putting them in Fox Farms nute dirt?

Hey big, I’m getting ready to transplant my clones in the tent and was planning on using the fox farms frog dirt again. do you recommend dirt with zero nutes and just add your own opposed to putting them in Fox Farms nute dirt?

yes

but if I did use pre loaded soil Foxfarm would be on my short list

I guess I’ll stick with my FF products as my first grow seemed to love it. At least until I developed some of your keen senses with experience

I like the sterile soil because different plants require different amounts of nutrients so one can tweak it all to fit the plants need

but yeah , like Weed , I mix about 25% Perlite to any pre loaded soil

I like the sterile soil because different plants require different amounts of nutrients so one can tweak it all to fit the plants need

but yeah , like Weed , I mix about 25% Perlite to any pre loaded soil
Yes, I add the perlite as well to my last two transplants. Looking for some 5 gallon pots. I grew my last in 7 gal nursery pots which took up extra space in my tent and actually didn’t really need to be that big. I have some 5 gal cloth bag pots that came with my tent but really prefer plastic although I’ve never used the cloth so I can’t say that I don’t like them. They just look messy but perhaps as some say may be better for the root system. Still think I’m gonna try and find some 5 gallon plastic pots tho.

Yes, I add the perlite as well to my last two transplants. Looking for some 5 gallon pots. I grew my last in 7 gal nursery pots which took up extra space in my tent and actually didn’t really need to be that big. I have some 5 gal cloth bag pots that came with my tent but really prefer plastic although I’ve never used the cloth so I can’t say that I don’t like them. They just look messy but perhaps as some say may be better for the root system. Still think I’m gonna try and find some 5 gallon plastic pots tho.

we used the felt pots a couple of times and compared them side by side with five gallon buckets and there was really no noticeable difference , not when using small felt pots , we used the 10 gallon ones , no difference

i think where the felt pots shine is when one uses a 50 gallon or bigger , when one is talking about yields , big difference comparing pounds to grams

70ECC4CF-420E-44E3-8C29-CB6B2B5BC72D.jpeg
B5BDC442-D6D5-404E-A08B-6A0F3A3F3312.jpeg

Ocean Forest and happy frog are a little to hot for starts. Listen to Big.

Big it looks like your using a drip system is that right?
I plant my seeds in small jiffy pots and once the seedlings were about 3inches I put jiffy pot straight into FFOF and they loved it. Maybe it's because they grew in the jiffy pots for awhile before breaking thru the jiffy pots into the FFOF.

we used the felt pots a couple of times and compared them side by side with five gallon buckets and there was really no noticeable difference , not when using small felt pots , we used the 10 gallon ones , no difference

i think where the felt pots shine is when one uses a 50 gallon or bigger , when one is talking about yields , big difference comparing pounds to grams

View attachment 287553View attachment 287554
I’d say wowzer ! Now that’s a plant! Don’t think that 50 gal pot would fit in the tent tho 🙃. I may use them oppose to direct ground when I plant a couple outside. Seems I could control it more. Do the roots come thru the bag and into the ground? Could you move this plant if you had to with a dolly? I guess since I have them and don’t have the plastic like right now I could use them just so I could form my on opinion on them. but I probably won’t. They are 5 gal like the size I plan to downsize to and I could always use my 7 gal again. The cloth pots look like they would be muddy. I like a super clean tent.

yes the roots will grow through the fabric and into the ground , just the smaller feeler roots

they make the bags with handles which make them easier to move

most of the growers I know that use the big fabric pots , I’m talking 50 gallons and up , a lot of them use wooden pallets to set their plants on and they move them around with a forklift if they have to move them

here is a grower I know in Oklahoma who uses grow bags…he is commercial and runs a dispensary

34E9A275-BEA3-47AC-A0DB-98BD712D082B.jpeg
1F2E0DCB-DBA7-41B9-A626-74704A34DD72.jpeg

Latest posts

Back