newbie here, Capskid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capskid

Reaction score
Hi everyone,I am on my second grow the first was awsome AK-47 81/2 weeks and that was some of the crypiest **** I have ever smoked.I grew in a closet in my garage the one that goes under the stairs.
I had just finished building a 8' x 12'x 7' room, I picked up 1000 hps for a 6x8 does anyone know if the ht of my ceiling which is 7' to low for the 1000 watt HPS.They sent me clear bulb which I think is to bright and should I change the bulb and get one with a red spectrum?In the previous grow I had a 400 watt HPS with a blue spectrum and worked well.I am just worried that it might be over kill and all the work I had done to get them there will be wasted and I will fry my beautifull plants.I will have 4 strains growing AK-47 Super Silver Haze THC- Bomb And White Widow.Thanks,Capskid

a single 1k hid isn't sufficient for 6x8 (48 sq/ft) you need to shoot for 5,000 lumens per sq ft.(48x5k=2400,000 L)
A single 1k hps puts out about 150,000 lumen... 2 would be about perfect :)

Welcome Young grower,.:cool: . Your plants will live long and Prosper!:yay: Here's a lil Welcome buzz :joint: eerreee Clearly,. Crystal

If you're using HPS, then you already have a red spectrum bulb--unless you have a Metal Halide conversion bulb for your HPS ballast. If you were happy with buds from a blue spectrum--Metal Halide--then you'll love what you get from HPS.

Your 7" ceiling will be fine for the lights. The plants may not like it though, but you can always LST them to adjust height. Unless you stretch them severely, you should be fine at 7'.

Luck, peace and welcome.

welcome to MP, I agree with Hick, you either need to tighten up your space, or get another light.

thanks everyone I really appreciate all of your advice.Capskid

Latest posts

Back