Newbie Lights question.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muad'dib

Reaction score
OK... i have been reading all i can lay my hands on, including lots of forums, but i am still as little confused about something.

Lights..... Specifically, I have read that you can use either but MH/veg and HPS/flowering is best. I have also read that i can mix HPS into the veg and add a MH to flowering for faster results with better and more compact budz.

My plan is to have a couple of 65/500W 4U CFL floods for cloning, etc; 600W MH for veggin and a 1000W HPS for flowering.

I have read about ' more is better ' etc. So.. my questions are.

1 - What would be the bonus of adding two 150W HPS 'sidelights' to the veggin setup??? Would i get faster growing plants? These would probably be situated either at the left and right of the plants on the wall, or, hung higher and shining down at a 45 degree angle.

2 - What would be the bonus, if any, of adding a 400W MH to the 1000W HPS for blooming?

Would the additional lights make any difference?? Would the plants grow faster/bigger/stronger???

Thanks for all advice.
M

Latest posts

Back