Next stop..Dankville.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hamster Lewis said:
I am figuring 3 ounces dry per plant...5 plants in the tent this run, so just under a pound. Not great considering a gram a watt would be over 2 pounds. 35 ounces I believe. I don't veg long and don't use anything bigger than a 1 gallon pot so I am happy pulling a pound this run. I hope to get the tent up to 8 ladies at a time and pull 24-30 ounces. More plants doesn't always mean more yield. There is a line where more plants is not more better. I have run as many as 12 in a 4x4 and it's too many. 9 is the limit for me. 8 is a little easier to manage.

Hell yeah man I think you'll get 3oz easy from those ladies, they thick lol. I haven't been growing for long but I'm definitely a firm believer in less plants to get more bud. I love monster plants. If I get a tent it will probably be a 4x4 too and I'll probably put 4 plants in there max. Can't wait to see them in late flower! I got several weeks to go before I even start flowering:icon_smile:

Only advantage I really see to growing a bunch of plants at once in a confined space is you can get a lot of bud a lot quicker. That's all I got.

depending on how well he keeps up training there is defently a chance that he can pull that much from there, my last harvest, granted was only one plant but i got 3.8oz from that one plant in my 4x4.5 flower space, if i had other plants that didnt go all nanner on me i would had 6 plants in that space, honestly its all about training, if yah train them right youll be blown away with how much more yah get per plant.

Most strains I can pull 3 ounces per plant in one gallon pots. Once in a while I wind up with a strain that doesn't put out as well, but the smoke quality makes up for the lack of yield. How much light, training and nutrients play a big part in it. You don't need big pots but you have to hit the marks. jmo

Hamster Lewis said:
Most strains I can pull 3 ounces per plant in one gallon pots. Once in a while I wind up with a strain that doesn't put out as well, but the smoke quality makes up for the lack of yield. How much light, training and nutrients play a big part in it. You don't need big pots but you have to hit the marks. jmo

I agree ... you do great w/ 1 gallon pots cuz they are "smart pots" 3 gallon woulod be ideal with regular pots

Dr. Green Fang said:
Truly don't think you'll get over 16 ounces ever, with 8 in there HL... just not enough space. :(
ever? lol
Dr.G truly HL can do that and more no problem everyone knows that.
a 4x4 space is plenty of room if you have enough light and good genetics
HL is talking about pulling at least 24 oz for a reason

even with his short veg and the 1gl pots he gets great results!!!
with a little more prep Im sure he can pull 2 pounds with the right strain

HL is a Master adn and furry genetic ***** lol we all love his work;)

Dr. Green Fang said:
I ran 9 just last run in my 4x4 with two 600watt HPS.. I'll never do it again. I refuse to put more than 4 in my 4x4's from now on. I started with 4, then did 5 in the other.. that wasn't TOO bad, but they start fighting for space rather quickly... IMO, 4 is that magical number where all the kids can get all the required space width wise they need, and then can start shooting up! :D

Truly don't think you'll get over 16 ounces ever, with 8 in there HL... just not enough space. :(

Well considering a gram a watt for 1000 watts would be 35.27 ounces I would say 16 ounces would leave a bit of room for improvement. I think a lot of it comes down to individual growing styles. I am not sure what size pots you used when you ran 9. I use nothing bigger than a 1 gallon pot and occasionally 1/2 gallon pots. I have run as many as 12 in this 4x4 under 1000 watts. Most were in 1 gallon pots but a couple went the distance in 1/2 gallons. It was a nightmare but I got through it and pulled over 20 ounces. For me 6 is the sweet spot, 8 can be done with a minor headache and anything over 8 is counter productive for my growing style. Training and strain selection also play major roles. I also do a little bit of defoliation with my ladies. Most don't like cutting fan leaves but I have found it can help if done with restrain and done early on.

Dr. Robertsozki said:
ever? lol
Dr.G truly HL can do that and more no problem everyone knows that.
a 4x4 space is plenty of room if you have enough light and good genetics
HL is talking about pulling at least 24 oz for a reason

even with his short veg and the 1gl pots he gets great results!!!
with a little more prep Im sure he can pull 2 pounds with the right strain

HL is a Master adn and furry genetic ***** lol we all love his work;)

Thanks Dr R...I can understand why Dr.G feels the way he does. It can get crazy even in a space as big as 4x4x6.5. My use of one gallon pots helps tremendously, as does my short veg time and use of training and selective defoliation. If I used bigger pots I would probably go with a longer veg and try and use 4-5 bigger plants and try to pull 4-5+ ounces per plant.

you know Hamster the best grow I do have been with 9 plants per 5x5
in a 10 x 10 with 4 1000w i was able to pull about 20 oz per 1000 w
i also took about half of the under grow. bubba kush strain not topped. I also did mazar. bluedream and green crack. they all did great with good space between. I used 3 gl regular pots
ive also done 4 plants per 1000 watt in 10 gallon pots lol i know huge right. but the plants got huge I had 1 bubba 2 bluedream and 1 purple dogg each plans gave more then a qp

Hamster Lewis said:
Thanks Dr R...I can understand why Dr.G feels the way he does. It can get crazy even in a space as big as 4x4x6.5. My use of one gallon pots helps tremendously, as does my short veg time and use of training and selective defoliation. If I used bigger pots I would probably go with a longer veg and try and use 4-5 bigger plants and try to pull 4-5+ ounces per plant.

hamster I still remember your first 3 journals back in 09.... hahah it was the shiznit I came in later so i had to catch up I did hours of reading. you gave me hope made it looks easy.... you a superstar HL. you are a black belt sensei 10th dan. I wish i could smoke some of your herb

Dr. Robertsozki said:
Where you @ sensei?

I am run down and beat Dr....this is my busy season. Yesterday was cyber Monday. 240 delivery stops plus my pick ups today. I usually do 140 stops. :eek:

Gonna be a long 3 weeks +.

Hamster Lewis said:
I am run down and beat Dr....this is my busy season. Yesterday was cyber Monday. 240 delivery stops plus my pick ups today. I usually do 140 stops. :eek:

Gonna be a long 3 weeks +.

OH BOY

cyber monday now lol crazy black specials

hang in there HL

GREE MOJO to your ladies.

Satori 4 weeks...going well so far. Lovin this strain.

20131201_215027 (Custom).jpg

20131201_215031 (Custom).jpg

20131201_215035 (Custom).jpg

Ya know Hammy, your leaves are perfect. Not pushed too hard. Just right. Have you found that Satori drinks more than anyone? I was just looking at your Larry and the leaves are the same as satori... Of course the buds are nice, but the plants in general are happy.

Rosebud said:
Ya know Hammy, your leaves are perfect. Not pushed too hard. Just right. Have you found that Satori drinks more than anyone? I was just looking at your Larry and the leaves are the same as satori... Of course the buds are nice, but the plants in general are happy.

Thanks Rose, and yes, it seems I need to give the Satori more water tan the Larry OG. I have tried hard to not over feed her. She get's fed half as much as the Larry. She seems happy and smells yummy. :D:hubba:

Dr. Robertsozki said:
wow half the nute can save you a lot of mula in the long run.... looking great buddy

Thanks Dr. I run GH 3 part so it's not that expensive. Larry OG eats more than enough to make up for the Satori.

Latest posts

Back