Next Year's Christmas List

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godspeedsuckah

Godspeed out!
Reaction score
Christmas was good but it got me to thinking and now acting. Next year I am not running through the stores in search of all the gifts; well I say that now but my wife may have other idea's :rolleyes:. Anyway's what I am going to do is make my garden bigger and get into canning. I am going to hand out a lot of canned veggies and venison, and all my friends who like to partake in a little smoke, will also get a pint jar full of cured goodness ;) There will be lot's of zuccini bread, pumpkin roll's and bananna bread to hand out also. Any other ideas?

andy52 said:
sounds good to me bro.people like the home made items,especially the smoke.my address is ------------------,lol its a great idea.

I hope so, I know I do. I have a smoker so come bow season next year I will have to harvest a deer just for that purpose.

ArtVandolay said:
I have the whole year to figure out how to get on your friends list :hubba:

LOL. I was wondering that about FedEx. I have a couple friends out of state; I wonder if I could send them a veggie / meat package and sneak in a vacuume sealed pack of nugs.

should'nt be to hard at all hillbilly. ground you up some chili peppers once air dried, and put them in a stinky cheese shaker, and put the nugs in the center of that...bb...

can't wait for spring here. i love gardening. we made some zuccinni bread in a crock pot not long ago. turned out great. some recipe off the rachel ray show. everyone loves the baked goods...bb...

godspeedsuckah said:
LOL. I was wondering that about FedEx. I have a couple friends out of state; I wonder if I could send them a veggie / meat package and sneak in a vacuume sealed pack of nugs.

We have a whole year to work on that, too :hubba: :D

banjobuzz said:
should'nt be to hard at all hillbilly. ground you up some chili peppers once air dried, and put them in a stinky cheese shaker, and put the nugs in the center of that...bb...

can't wait for spring here. i love gardening. we made some zuccinni bread in a crock pot not long ago. turned out great. some recipe off the rachel ray show. everyone loves the baked goods...bb...

Thanks banjo ;) I am making zuccinni bread tomorrow for a christmas / new years dinner we are having with friends I think I will try some in the crock pot, that sounds awesome!!

sounds good to me to buddy! have i told you what a good friend you are lately? just in case your tops man! jk

just wondering man my granny mac canned peppers from her garden when i was younger that were the best ever. they were kinda sweet and spicy. great with beans and cornbread. anyway she died a few years ago and nobody knows how she did it.. any clues? im not even sure what type of peppers they were. long skinny green peppers and not real hot.. im sure one of you will know what im talkin about.

I can my own salsa, all the vegetables grown in my garden. I give a lot of it away and people really seem to like it. I do a lot of canning, it's so tough to get decent vegetables in the winter, and if you can find decent vegetables at an organic store or something they are really expensive. I really do enjoy my outdoor gardening and it's fun giving away something you know you produced and can be proud of.

I got peppers growing right now i think habenero or pasilla. Man nothing better than peppers!

I prefer the backstrap but some hind quarter will do...
I also wanted to be the first to tell you Merry Christmas 2009 from my family to yours...
Ok so thats Northernlightssmokn....2 S's

slowmo77 said:
sounds good to me to buddy! have i told you what a good friend you are lately? just in case your tops man! jk

just wondering man my granny mac canned peppers from her garden when i was younger that were the best ever. they were kinda sweet and spicy. great with beans and cornbread. anyway she died a few years ago and nobody knows how she did it.. any clues? im not even sure what type of peppers they were. long skinny green peppers and not real hot.. im sure one of you will know what im talkin about.

I will ask my neighbor she has been doing that for 40+ years; she still goes out with her husband and gets a deer each season :)

cadlakmike1 said:
I can my own salsa, all the vegetables grown in my garden. I give a lot of it away and people really seem to like it. I do a lot of canning, it's so tough to get decent vegetables in the winter, and if you can find decent vegetables at an organic store or something they are really expensive. I really do enjoy my outdoor gardening and it's fun giving away something you know you produced and can be proud of.

I agree cadlakmike, I love it as well. This year I am doing salsa also.

Any chance of some venison biltong?

You should be good sending small amounts of bud through the post.

I've heard of lb's being posted in express post sachels here; so long as they don't go through a customs hub you should be ok.

Probably wouldn't hurt if it didn't smell like dakka either.

smokingjoe said:
Any chance of some venison biltong?

You should be good sending small amounts of bud through the post.

I've heard of lb's being posted in express post sachels here; so long as they don't go through a customs hub you should be ok.

Probably wouldn't hurt if it didn't smell like dakka either.

I will have to try biltong, never had it.

Latest posts

Back