No idea what's up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonto

Dry as a bone
Reaction score
Maybe I'm crazy, but my plants don't look right. They seem a little wilted to me..... you? I haven't done anything out of the ordinary. I water the pots twice a day because they are completely dry about once every 12 hours. MG soil, they were doing fine until I put them in the grow box under the CFL light as shown. They were under two 18" regular fluros before.... any ideas???

100_0372.jpg

Please help me!! The same thing is going on. It it possibly because they dry up faster than every 12 hours? Could it just be wilting due to lack of water?
Does anyone think it would be a good idea to try and switch the babies to a hydro system, as I have a DWC system for 3 plants....?
Help please!

they just seem a bit droopy to me, otherwise healthy. try watering only once a day.. MJ needs a dry spell before the next watering, it'll help the roots grow deeper and strong as well.

bejohnst said:
they just seem a bit droopy to me, otherwise healthy. try watering only once a day.. MJ needs a dry spell before the next watering, it'll help the roots grow deeper and strong as well.

I know they need to be spelled, but I seriously believe that they are being slightly if not more, underwatered. There is a LOT of air running through that grow box have. But I will try what you said and not water them until the morning. They will be dry as a desert (skipping the afternoon watering)

are the tips of the leaves curling up right before you are watering? If not then they're not completly dried up. Let us know how a little less frequent watering goes.

I would kind of lean that way also, the slightly rumpled look they have kind of looks like too much water, surely let us know.

Okay, here's an update. Nothing seems to have gotten better by watering only once a day, in fact, the lower leaves are starting to yellow! :(

Here's the three girls, please help if you can. As you can see in the 3rd picture, the bottom leaves kind of curl in a spiral, very strange.

100_0375.jpg

100_0376.jpg

100_0377.jpg

I am thinking trace deficiency, from that twisted leaf...I remember reading something about MG soil being short on trace elements. Are you using filtered water? How bad is your tap water? I think they need some epsom salts or cal-mag or something along those lines...

I hope someone else will chime in. I am hoping for the best buddy:) .

still over watering,
-get some bamboo skewers, stick them in the dirt
-remove them once a day,check if skewer is moist
-best way to check is to put up on you face.
-if still moist dont water, if dry water.

BTW miracle grow soil sucks(the life rite out of plant) may want to find some fox farms oceans or some other great mix

.......Absolutely "too much water"...there is little doubt in my mind they are drowning.
I think I can save them,
..get them out of those peat cups. "I" think you're mistakeing dry pots for dry medium, or those pots are wicking away all of the moisture. One of the two. But "never" should those plants require full waterings twice daily in soil.
What's in your medium?...What brand?..
Best if it has no added nutrients, water crystals, ect. Also recommend a tsp of lime per gallon of medium mixed in "well". It provides magnesium. calcium and is an excellent ph buffer. Get them into fresh dirt, soak the medium well, "one" (1) time...then don't water for a few days. See if they don't perk up.

You are the man hick! The dirt man to the rescue!

Okay, since I was first told to water less, I have been only watering in the morning. And trust me, the soil, the pot, everything is completely bone, desert, dry. The peat pots have holes in the bottom, that end is dry. I don't know how else to say it, but these things get super-ultra-dry. They are so light weight because it is so dry that I am amazed that the plants can still live with absolutely no water. Anyone think that I am just moving too much air around them? I'm moving over 400 cubic feet per minute, in a box that is only 17" x 23" x 37", which is about 8.732 cubic feet. So I'm empting the grow box's air supply about 46 times a minute. There's also a small fan inside the box to mix things up.....

My hydro system is nearly fully complete, does anyone thing I should switch them over to the DWC system? Of course, then they would constantly be getting water.......

Can you put a timer on that fan? I believe you on the 'bone dry' thing. I have terminally low RH here in the desert and depending on how I setup my soil, I can make one watering last a whole week, or I can make them dry up in a day. They do look overwatered, but since you cut watering in half and they haven't improved....

That's the part that gets me, I cut the water completely in half and saw no new results. :(

yeah lower the air circ. a bit. i would halve it to start off at you want your media to stay moist for 2 days.
sometimes you have to adjust your media to your enviornment. you could mix 30% sphagnum moss into your mix, this stuff holds moisture pretty well. also when you increase the size of pots it holds moisture longe.

didn't catch this in your first post but it could have something to do with the MG soil. That stuff is nasty

bejohnst said:
didn't catch this in your first post but it could have something to do with the MG soil. That stuff is nasty

I used it in my last grow and it seemed to do just fine, and all the success TGB has with it.....

No one chimed in when I said I think I may convet them to a DWC system.....any opinions there?

if it is to be done, you better to do it quick.

soil might have something to do with it.

but it is most definetely to much water. im sure others have said that, i know hick did.

it is most definetely water.

and i had the same problem with the drying out when i used those jiffy strip cups. they s-u-c-k the water right out of the soil- its a *****.

i would put them in a dwc bucket quickly if you are planning on doing so

my opinion

Latest posts

Back