No idea what's up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugggh...I just had a brainfart...just clicked in my head. I spoke to TBG about his soil and went and purchased what I believed to be the same product. It was an 'organic' MG labeled product and contained no time release ferts that I could see on the package, did contain small amonts of NPK etc. though. I decided to try it and experienced the very same thing you are experiencing, I believe. Now understand that growing is so setup and strain specific that it is very hard to identify a problem over the net...but I started a few seedlings and clones in that crap and found it to drt out WAY to fast. I could literally stand there with a spray bottle trying to keep the soil from going completely dry. I did manage to save one seedling with a fast transplant into some FF Ocean forest, but with my particular setup/conditions, there is no way that soil will work for me without MAJOR amendments. I think the 'peat pots' or whatever they are may be compounding the problem, as already stated.

Doesn't really explain TBG's success or your previous success, but just trying to think of anything that might be useful. I have since gone back to an amended FF mix.

Im using MG soil and the plants are doing fine. Its just that the little ones wont handle the pre-nuted soil very well. They are damn delicate and burn quick.

Hey fluid,
Hows your problem doing now? Getting any better/ worse?

try this put some dirt in the peat cup and put it in your grow room when you think that the dirt is dry take a hand full and squeese as hard as you can if water starts to come out then it's no where near dry this has help me form over watering my babys i had the same prob unitl i found out that my dirt keep water longer then could tell

Thanks guys. I know it's not an overwatering issue. The plants are showing what looks to me like definite nute burn. Thinking back, I spoke with Stoney Bud about the Snow White strain, and he said they are very sensitive to nutes. So my guess would be that the MG soil has too much for them. I'll take some more pictures, but it's a sad sight. They are dying.

Here's the updated pics. One of them is doing better than the other two, but they all seem like they are going to survive, as there is new growth that is not affected. Watering once a day is exactly what they need, when I tried twice to go a day and a half, they began wilting. First pic is the most healthy, and last pic is least.

100_0388.jpg

100_0387.jpg

100_0389.jpg

Hey Fluid. Very sorry to see your plants that color but as you can see they are still growing little leaves on the top. I don't have much experience but I can tell you that I had my little plants going a bit down and soft and I transplanted all the peat pot in a bigger pot with new, without nutrients soil and after one day they looked much better.
Seeing that you have tried everything, why don't you put them in bigger pots and see if something happens? I think you can still save them...if action is taken quickly....I really hope you will see some changes....

First like kity said put them in to a real pot! they r drying out so fast because the whole pot is breathing. Try to get like one gallon pot and put them in there. And ur also waering way to much. Give them water like every other day to every three days!

Even a old milk jug with the top cut off and a couple hole popped in. U need to keep some moister in but allow a nice drainage so ur roots arent sittin in a pool of water but then need to beabl to find water! cant really explain, not to good at it.

Hey again! I was talking with a friend of mine about your sick plants and he told me that definately, you should put them in bigger pots. He also told me that because you don't know if is the soil the problem, it would be good to cut the bottom of the peat pots, BE CAREFUL FOR THE ROOTS, and try go get rid of some of the bad soil, and then put them in bigger pots with new soil.
They are too big to stay in peat pots.
I can tell you for experience with mines, that yes, in the peat pots they dry a lot but in the normal plastic pots, they won't and you will not need to water them twice a day. I now water mine when I feel the soil is too dry...every 2 days.
I really want your plants to feel better!!! And because they still grow on the top, I think this is a big hope for you. Good vibes on your ways...

m g has nutes in it . u might have burnt them. although i always had luck w /m-g i have heard of this. try to do what hick said and do it NOW! also u need to get those lights down on to the plants like an inch away.run them allday and night! im not a fan of those pots either unless u plan on cutting out the bottom and sticking it in a bag of medium.or outside in the spring. i like terra cotta they also drain the water so u gotta watch.

boaboi86 said:
First like kity said put them in to a real pot! they r drying out so fast because the whole pot is breathing. Try to get like one gallon pot and put them in there. And ur also waering way to much. Give them water like every other day to every three days!

haha, I can guarantee that my plants would completely die if I watered only once every 2-3 days. They are getting transplanted into a DWC hydro system this afternoon.

Hemp-o Kitty said:
Hey again! I was talking with a friend of mine about your sick plants and he told me that definately, you should put them in bigger pots. He also told me that because you don't know if is the soil the problem, it would be good to cut the bottom of the peat pots, BE CAREFUL FOR THE ROOTS, and try go get rid of some of the bad soil, and then put them in bigger pots with new soil.
They are too big to stay in peat pots.
I can tell you for experience with mines, that yes, in the peat pots they dry a lot but in the normal plastic pots, they won't and you will not need to water them twice a day. I now water mine when I feel the soil is too dry...every 2 days.
I really want your plants to feel better!!! And because they still grow on the top, I think this is a big hope for you. Good vibes on your ways...

Hi,
Thanks for the advice, and actively thinking of what can help! I will be posting pictures of my process of converting to a DWC hydro system later today. I hope that will pull them out of the funk that the soil brought on them.

lefty said:
m g has nutes in it . u might have burnt them. although i always had luck w /m-g i have heard of this. try to do what hick said and do it NOW! also u need to get those lights down on to the plants like an inch away.run them allday and night! im not a fan of those pots either unless u plan on cutting out the bottom and sticking it in a bag of medium.or outside in the spring. i like terra cotta they also drain the water so u gotta watch.

I had good seccess with clones in the jiffy pots, this is my first experience with the jiffy pots and MJ soil and plants from seed. Definitely won't be going this route again! I also strongly believe the my only issue is nute burn at this point.
The lights are about 2" from the plants at all times, I only set them down on the bottom of the grow cabinet for pictures.

Hey F1!! How are your plants doing? Were you able to perform "the miracle"? Are they better? I really hope they got the color back...they were looking fine at the start!!!.....
Any pictures of your loved ones with a new outfit? :D

Hemp-o Kitty said:
Hey F1!! How are your plants doing? Were you able to perform "the miracle"? Are they better? I really hope they got the color back...they were looking fine at the start!!!.....
Any pictures of your loved ones with a new outfit? :D

Yeah, actually! The bad thing is that the plants look exactly the same, minus some of their green color. I put them in their hydro system, and added some B+ (superthrive for transplants) to see if they will start going again. In two days I haven't seen any growth or immprovement, but I'm still hopeful. I have pics of the new setup after I converted the poor babies to hydro. Here's the link to the journal:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7426

And here's a pic of the system:
100_0403.jpg

F, I saw the set up in your other thread...nice! But the plants are not growing...did you find out why? There must be something:confused: :confused: :confused: ...are you going to change the level of the water as EM said? I'd really like to see them better ;)

Hemp-o Kitty said:
F, I saw the set up in your other thread...nice! But the plants are not growing...did you find out why? There must be something:confused: :confused: :confused: ...are you going to change the level of the water as EM said? I'd really like to see them better ;)

H-o-K, the plants are not doing better. I will take some pictures in a second and post them. The only upside at this point is that there is some new root growth on the most healthy of the three. The other two are really looking bad. Well, none look good at all.

At least I still have 7 more Snow White seeds left, and will have 10 each of White Widow, Ingemar's Punch, and Hash Plant in a couple days. I will have some thriving plants in the hydro systems, I have to.

Those are a lot of good seeds!! :aok: Gooooodddd!!! You'll have lots of :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: there!!!
Have you already grown other plants? Has it already happened to you, what is happening now with your plants? Let's put the other seeds in place and start to grow some big big green stuff!!! ;)

No this has not happened to me before. My last grow was also with MG soil, but I believe that the strain of herb was more robust (read: commercial) and didn't get shocked as the sensitive Snow White did. I will continue to try and salvage the three plants until they are completely dead, but in about a week, I'll have two babies from each of the 4 strains of herb growing in the cloner system. :headbang:

Latest posts

Back