Normal that first true leaves have a lot of yellow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunday funday
04A80245-3449-465E-8878-0964EDA1F52C.jpeg
CFA58E14-4398-430F-A764-EB3F54FADD97.jpeg

looks very good. Like others have said you should clip out some of the biggest leaves. They are covering your bud sites from getting as much light as possible. She will definately keep growing up and out. Don't be afraid of pulling back or trimming away from the walls of the tent as well. I am not sure what others think but you could lower your light to 14-16" above the tallest leaf. Nice job.

As you get more experience, pruning gets easier. I have pruned what I thought after I was finished pruning was too aggressive only to see, within a week, I certainly could have been more aggressive. I am not saying you didn’t prune enough, just that it takes experience to learn how much is too much and how much isn’t enough. Airflow is important to the plants health, more do than light reaching bud sites. Powdery Mildew(PM) loves stagnant, humid air and can ruin a crop. You plant looks healthy and vigorous.

Edited because I sounded like a leader of the free world…

Last edited:
As you get more experience, pruning gets easier. I have pruned what I thought after I was finished pruning was too aggressive only to see, within a week, I certainly could have been more aggressive. I am not saying you didn’t prune enough, just that it takes experience to learn how much is too much and how much isn’t enough. Airflow is important to the plants health, more do than light reaching bud sites. Powdery Mildew(PM) loves stagnant, humid air and can ruin a crop. You plant looks healthy and vigorous.

Edited because I sounded like a leader of the free world…
Thanks, I did some more trimming specifically to get more airflow throughout the plant

I use ProMix. Nothing in it. I always thought Happy Frog was a bit to hot for starts. IMO that is what is causing the yellow leaves.
Likely. I switched to pro mix also. Not looking back.

Bubba

I am noticing some roots beginning to just barely poke through the sides of the 1/4 gallon nursery bag. My plan is to transplant to a 5 gallon fabric pot. I am going to add some mycorrhizae as well as I understand this helps with transplant shock. I bumped light up to 60% (18/6) and I bumped the exhaust fan speed up to 3.

I have the plant sitting on a self watering plant base to elevate it off the ground but I am not currently using that base to water it. It currently gets 3/4 cup of distilled water every other day.

It’s getting noticeably bigger everyday, I guess this is def the veg stage.

View attachment 317191
Are you measuring pH of the distilled water?

Bubba

Looking good up there I was using Ocean Forest soil in the beginning than learn it's not that great to work with, so I switched to Roots Organics Original Soil. What a difference so far.

Latest posts

Back