Northern Lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonghits4jesus

Knowledge is Power
Reaction score
So after a couple failed attempts and a grow that resulted in all males, I'm trying again. I have 6 northern lights that are about two and a half weeks old. Ill have some more pics up in a bit. Thanks for stopping by:)

almost3weeks-1-resize.jpg

very cool I have some nl 5 in my grow...I am loving it! this will be fun to watch.

2Dog said:
very cool I have some nl 5 in my grow...I am loving it! this will be fun to watch.

Thanks! Hopefully I get some females this time:hubba:

Bonghits4jesus said:
So after a couple failed attempts and a grow that resulted in all males, I'm trying again. I have 6 northern lights that are about two and a half weeks old. Ill have some more pics up in a bit. Thanks for stopping by:)

That shinning stuff that your using , Is that Mylar.??

Looks verry Nice. for 2 weeks

Flyinghigh said:
That shinning stuff that your using , Is that Mylar.??

Looks verry Nice. for 2 weeks

Yes it is mylar.. I have them in a tent that is completely lined with it. It really helps distribute the light

I did NL for my first grow, they were from Nirvana and they came out awesome. Good luck.

Trafic said:
I did NL for my first grow, they were from Nirvana and they came out awesome. Good luck.

Thanks I need it :) How long did you leave them in veg, and how tall did they end up getting? I'm growing in a tent and I have limited space. Also, how long was your flowering time?

Bonghits4jesus said:
Thanks I need it :) How long did you leave them in veg, and how tall did they end up getting? I'm growing in a tent and I have limited space. Also, how long was your flowering time?

sup jesus

I'm growing some NL's right now....take a look and it should give you an idea on what heights you might be looking at. Plant #3 was the indica dom, the other two had more sativa in them and took off during the first three weeks of flower. Yours look like my #3
Best of luck with them
Later

Bonghits4jesus said:
So after a couple failed attempts and a grow that resulted in all males, I'm trying again.

Ive read when starting from seed if your pots are 12 inches or 29cm they have a 70% chance of being female if they are less than that it decreases. if you start in 4 inches or 10 cm pots its about 40% chance. i don't know if that will help you or not. maybe it was just the luck of the draw. good luck and don't forget to thank the ladies for what they will bring you and make sure you call them ladies, shelas, broads, etc. get the point

moaky said:
Ive read when starting from seed if your pots are 12 inches or 29cm they have a 70% chance of being female if they are less than that it decreases. if you start in 4 inches or 10 cm pots its about 40% chance. i don't know if that will help you or not. maybe it was just the luck of the draw. good luck and don't forget to thank the ladies for what they will bring you and make sure you call them ladies, shelas, broads, etc. get the point

Thank you for the advice good sir! I also was using a 24/0 light schedule which may have been part of the problem as well. The ladies need their beauty sleep, and I think they get a little stressed out under 24 hour light.

Today my plants are 3 weeks old so I thought I would take a few pics! I killed one to make more room, and also began topping the larger ones. They are growing nearly an inch a day and are all about a foot tall. Next week at this time I will begin flowering! :)

3weeks.jpg

3weeks-2-1.jpg

3weeks-topped.jpg

hi :bolt: I'm taking a chair :hitchair: for this on good luck. Green mojo...

Hello everyone! I'm updating today because I just put my plants under the HPS and started flowering! woohoo! All of the plants are a few days less than 4 weeks old and are about 15' or taller at this point. 3 of them have been topped and manicured, and the other two im just letting grow naturally. Its my first time and Id like to see how much topping really helps compared to just letting the plant grow. Also I plant on only keeping 3(if im lucky enough to get 3 females :) ) due to space constraints. They all look beautiful though and Im going to hate to have to destroy two of them. I have a few pics but again they are not the greatest quality. I should get my digital camera back soon in time to get some quality pics of the flowers:D Enjoy! And as always if anyone has any advice or suggestions I'd love to hear! Good day

Flowerindday-1c.jpg

Flowerindday-1a.jpg

Flowerind day-1.jpg

Thanks smokey! :) Little update... tomorrow I will be starting my second week of flowering and 2 of my 3 plants that remain are confirmed females. Im just waiting for the last one to show its sex. The 2nd pic is of one of the males that I destroyed last week. Each of my plants are 20 or more inches tall and are looking great! Thanks for stopping by!

2nd week flower.jpg

male!.jpg

Latest posts

Back