Nute Burn? Need Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman

Junior Grower
Reaction score
I have 5 bag seed plants that I have raised from seed. They are 4 weeks into flowering. Last saturday I gave them FF TB full strength. They handled it well until I watered them tonite and the leaves curled under. The tips shriveled up. And the leaves look almost swollen. Do I have to flush? Or will they recover...

need a bunch more info to even begin to know what is going on with your plants, pix too if possible. Theres a sticky post somewhere around these forums that has a nice little list of questions to answer about your grow to help others better help you. Maybe check that out and and answer them in your post.

Hey man, pics would really help out with this. If ya can't get pics, then every detail is gonna count, answer these questions and we can help ya alot better.

SOIL:

How long has this problem been going on?

What STRAIN are you growing?

What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)

What is the age of your plants?

How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now?

How Tall are the plants?

What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?

What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc)

What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)

What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?)

What Nutrient's are you using?

How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*

How often are you feeding?

If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?

What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)

What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?

What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?

What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?

How often are you watering?

When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding and the recent amounts of the last few feedings?

What size bulb are you using?

What is the distance to the canopy?

What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)

What is the canopy temperature?

What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)

What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)

Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?

Is the fan blowing directly at plants?

Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist?

Is your water HARD or SOFT?

What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?

Are you using water from a water softener?

Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?

Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?

Are plant's infected with pest's?

Indeed without the information, it is rather hard to say much.
But... you had your problem after watering which is after you gave them the nutes? I'm confused. Did you water with nutrient solution, and then later water with plain water and then had a problem. Was this a nute solution, and then a bit later another watering of nute solution... if so you've over-ferted. Which means you need to flush, yes.
You need to clarify what you have stated along with more information.
You gave nute solution at full strength... how much time passes... you water? (specifically) and then you have a problem.

Here are some more details, and pics of this problem...

5 Bagseed vegged under 12 4ft flourescents

MG garden soil w/vermiculite,perlite,and peat moss added

2 gal MG to 1 gal each of other ammendments

temp durind veg 72 f

rh- 75 to 85 %

Vegged for 6 weeks,(plants were sexually mature 18" tall when I changed to 12/12)

Fertilized 1 time durung veg with 1/4 strength MG fert. 4 th week

flowering under 400watt hps

fertilized first day of flowering w/orchid bloom booster 1/2 strength 11-35-15 the date was 3/13

3/30 fertilized 1/2 strength orchid bloom booster

4/4 fertilized with full strength Fox Farm Tiger bloom

4/8 watered with distilled water (to try to bring ph up a little)

two hours after watering the leaves have all started to do this(pics)

temps were in the mid 70's
R.H. was in the 30's

It has been 8 days now, it is not spreading to anyother leaves, and it seems to only be the fan leaves that are affected. I just checked the ph and it is 7.0.

They are currently 5 weeks in and buds look great. I would hate for my girls to shrivel up now. alot of work and love has gone in to them,

sick 003.jpg

sick 004.jpg

sick 005.jpg

Your RH being up to 75 - 80 is rather high. Especially for flower. Without good venting, you could develop a mold problem.
Secondly, your ph is to high, I believe. 6.5 is more what you should be shooting for. That high of a ph can block nutes from your plant which would cause a defficency, which can often be mistaken for overfert.
It has been awhile since I have done dirt and I've never done the perlite peatmoss mix you got going, so I would definately hold for a second and third opinion, but right off the bat, those seem like some problems to me.

hi there Jman is the siol ph at 7.0 or the water drain off at 7.0 your room temp can be a bit to warm add up your total npk levels in all of those nutes and ferts .. i'm thinking yA nitro is high heres a bit of info...soil type of 10:20:10 needs to be balanced back to 10:10:10 or else the high levels of P will cause the plant problems accessing the other N and K nutrients that it also needs for vegetative growth (also a condition known as 'Nutrient Lockout'}. In order to balance it back you need to wait until the next time you feed and only add 10:0:10 to the soil. This is because you would expect the remaining nutrients in the soil to be already high in levels of P. The hard part is finding a. bottle of nutrients that have 10:0:10 on the label. So in order to avoid this problem we select a balanced soil in the first place.
Growers mainly have four types of nutrients at their disposal: vegetative primary nutrients, flowering primary nutrients, secondary nutrients and micronutrients.The list below contains classic examples of food types that you may find or work with.
1. N10:p10:K10-This is an example of a balanced vegetative primary nutrient pack.
2. N10:p20:K10 -This is an example of a flowering primary nutrient pack.
3. N0:p20:K10-Tnis is an example of a flowering food without N.
4. N10:pO:K10-This is an example of a vegetative food without P.
5. N10:p20:K20-This is an example of a flowering food that is not suitable for cannabis because of its equal P and K values but lower N values

Latest posts

Back