nute burnt plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docfishwrinkle

Reaction score
i have 6 girls in 2nd week of flower been noticing nute burn in leaves of 3 out of 6. i transplanted them couple of days b/4 flip. used a soil recipe found online & modified slightly:

2 gal pro mix
1.5 gal perlite
1 c lime
3 tsp terracycle (contains various castings)
6 tblsp blood meal
9 tblsp bone meal
.75 c kelp meal
3 tsp epsom

pH of soil 6.8 pH of run off 7. watered w/ distilled water w/ .25 tsp superthrive/gal

my question is if i flush won't it just activate the ferts some more? if i remove some of the soil i'll be stressing plants & they are already small as it is tallest plant is 12" tall by 10" wide (experimenting w/ topping & supercropping-bagseed). out of curiousity do you think maybe 1/2 oz per plant? will be using f.f. open seasme, beastie blooms, & cha ching, well probably not open seasme b/c by time this is takin care of will be too late. maybe im over reacting leaves that are affected are no higher than a 1/3 of the way up. should i just let it go?

600w hps cool tube digi ballast
temp:80-83 working currently to drop, nights 68
rh:30-40

DSCN0752.JPG

DSCN0753.JPG

DSCN0754.JPG

DSCN0755.JPG

DSCN0756.JPG

DSCN0757.JPG

lyfr said:
howdy doc, im not convinced thats nute burn...yet. i may be wrong but im gonna go out on a limb and say possible lockout of micros...or micro deficiant. wait for the pro's and see what they got for ya. GL
thx lyfr, but i have been foliar feeding kelp previously to this incident about 1.5 hrs b/4 lights off

Hydro said:
hot spots?
are you referring to pockets of nutes in soil, very well could be but i tried to mix well b/4 transplant. would mix after each ingredient was added.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Hot spots generally refer to places where the light is reflected back at the plant with enough intensity to burn the plants. This can happen when your mylar is wrinkled and not hung smoothly...
that was my 2nd thought but im just going to let it ride 4 this grow. 3-4 days ago i started rotating plants 90* when get home from work when checking in. hopefully this will limit burn. will be using this area for drying also, when done, ripping off mylar & going with panda film. this is why growing bagseed for 1st time. will be growing bubblelicious & citral (nirvana seeds) next grow. seems odd b/c only thing that changed from veg is hps from mh. but probably cause diff. K.

I like Panda film. Buy the thicker panda film when you buy it--the 6 mil is really easy to work with. What's behind the mylar? Flat white paint has good reflectivity.

actually there is flat white paint, but lots of air/light leaks. i lined everything with 6 mil black plastic then mylar. my plan in future is to use for veg and get a tent

ive always had good luck with mylar but ive never tried panda film and, im only runnin a 400. i agree to let it ride and not worry to much yet. my first grow i worried about every spot on every leaf, now i just keep a closer eye on em if i see something odd, and dont worry or change anything unless it starts becoming obvious something is continuing to be wrong. nice set-up, should be a good producer. happy trails

HELP!!!!!!!!!! i think i have couple problems 1.mylar probably causing hot spots, remedy rotate 90* every day problem not getting worse. 2. 1 of 6 of plants leaves are yellowing bad all saggy thinking it is "hot" soil b/c of my own dumbness. in a 3.5 gallon pot there is 1 cup of lime. do you think this could be the reason. remedy so far cut off all dead leaves. pics soon to come.:eek: also day 23 of flower, soil ph 6.6, other plants some have few yellowing leaves, but 1 plant is flawless & starting to get frosty. so many variables ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. would flushing benefit or make worse?

Pics would help. Yellowing in flower is usually OK but I don't want to give any info without pics...yellowing leaves could be a ton of things...sorry

ok here r my pics new improved ducting W/ scrubber keeps temps @ 77 ish w/ rh 35. light 14" above canopy. nuff said back to prob. pic w/ all plants shown on left is "bonzai" she might make it. pic w/ all spots diffenent plant, other 4 r bangin. clueless, thanks in advance!!!!!

DSCN0789.JPG

DSCN0781.JPG

DSCN0790.JPG

DSCN0782.JPG

DSCN0791.JPG

DSCN0788.JPG

DSCN0785.JPG

DSCN0786.JPG

DSCN0787.JPG

thanks alot trillions, wife & i send our condolences. thinking i should steep some tea. aerate for 24 hrs. got that, 1/4 tsp? epsom per gal, and how much kelp? this will be applied foliar 2 hrs b/4 lights out to try & limit light burning, but let light dry it out enough so don't get mold in bud. will start hunting while wait for reply.

i didm't really want to do it but, i repotted my plants my cause i effed up my soil mixture 5 wks ago by adding 1 cup lime instead 1/4 cup. flushed em on sat but nstill look like **** & have pretty much ceased producing. h.d. was out of promix ( of course) so im useing 50% m.g. organic garden soil & 50% pro mix that i had left over. i also flushed root ball. my question is i know they are going to need time to recoupe, but will they still finish off decently or are they going to be permanently stunted?

Sounds like your fixing the problem. They'll probably be stunted a little, yes, like you said all that lime probably did it. Hope things Get better for ya.'
Green Mojo for Docfishwrinkle!​

Latest posts

Back