Nutrient Regime

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChatNoir

Reaction score
I know it has been asked a thousand times so feel free to spank me but not face or below the waist...

I have a few questions, most of them are newbie questions.

• Is it better to use nutrients in small doses in each watering after first month or weekly?
  • What is the best regime of fertilising at vegetative, late vegetative as well as flowering stages? (More N at first then more P... Totally eliminating one element...)
  • In here, the only kind of soil you can find is the one with turf made for violet growth. Should I cut down fertilisers after transplanting?
  • Should there be a short term change for fertilising regime after transplanting plant in order to encourage root growth?
Thank you for your patience.

Cornellius said:
  • Is it better to use nutrients in small doses in each watering after first month or weekly?
  • in optimal conditions you should be able to fed every watering, but feel free to experiment i know i go one water with food and one with out.
    Cornellius said:
    [*]What is the best regime of fertilising at vegetative, late vegetative as well as flowering stages? (More N at first then more P... Totally eliminating one element...)
    fertilizer should be added during veg(or before when you mix the soil) higher doeses of N while vegging in the food and then higher P&K in flower.
    Cornellius said:
    [*]In here, the only kind of soil you can find is the one with turf made for violet growth. Should I cut down fertilisers after transplanting?
    I dont remember the N-P-K on the violets mix i know ive seen MG mix for that specific type too, id check what the N-P-K is and go from ther ewiht it see where its strong and then ammend its weak points as needed through your plants life.
    Cornellius said:
    [*]Should there be a short term change for fertilising regime after transplanting plant in order to encourage root growth?
    Root growth will go on after the transplant with out any changes in ferts or nutes. The roots will find there is more room and jsut spread out all over again to make the most of their new home.
Hope this helps answer to some degree and if im wrong on anything im sure of of the main gurus will be along shortly to correct me :p

Dubbaman said:
in optimal conditions you should be able to fed every watering, but feel free to experiment i know i go one water with food and one with out.fertilizer should be added during veg(or before when you mix the soil) higher doeses of N while vegging in the food and then higher P&K in flower. I dont remember the N-P-K on the violets mix i know ive seen MG mix for that specific type too, id check what the N-P-K is and go from ther ewiht it see where its strong and then ammend its weak points as needed through your plants life. Root growth will go on after the transplant with out any changes in ferts or nutes. The roots will find there is more room and jsut spread out all over again to make the most of their new home.
[/list]Hope this helps answer to some degree and if im wrong on anything im sure of of the main gurus will be along shortly to correct me :p

Yes it did! Thank you GREATLY!

Latest posts

Back