Oaksterdam University

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P. BLAZUH

Reaction score
Their is a weed college in california 2 campus 1 in L.A and 1 in Oakland you can check it out on you tube or go to their web page. They teach everything you need to know. this is going to be a ground breaker

yea but we not in calf. soo... if you wish to know everything about marijuana,
YOU has come to the right place... right here.... make yourself comfort grab some bong where no one can tell u what to do.. and help yourself...:)

you can go to weed college and waste your money but the best teacher is yourself and your mistakes IMO, personally i dont mind when one of my plants start to yellow up or whatever then it helps me gain expiereince in figureing out what is wrong with my plant or sometimes plants. also college in cali come on man why not just buy a house and learn to grow your own for the same price as tutition to weed college.

Oaksterdam U has been around for a couple of years now. I have been thinking of taking a few classes.

They actually offer some great classes on Law and growing, which I am interested in.
As far as the Grow classes, I had a couple of friends attend, and were treated by special guest speaker Ed Rosenthal.

Hick, basically, If you get your "degree" from Oak U, you are "more qualified" to get a job at a dispensary and thats how aot of folks are hired, thru Oak U.
That is one of the main reasons of Oak U. Tryin' to legitimaize what is going on in the Bay Area.

Oakland just passed Measure Z, which makes Growing and possesion of MJ legal for anyone over 18 in the city of Oakland. No Medical card needed.
This has brought an onslaught of folks wanting to grow thier own and now clubs are opening whaich are called "Measure Z" clubs, that sell to ANYONE over the age of 18. Plain and simple.

Believe me, it is not a waste of money for someone who has no clue. The grow classes are broken up into a few different "levels". The staff are legitimate growers and actually bring plants to show different things. Cloning, topping, reading the plant. It's a good deal if you live in Cali and are close.

Oaksterdam also offers glass glowing classes now in their curriculum.

Gee has already signed up for the full semester plus glassblowing.

total tuition = around $700 (That's less than 5 credits from a Junior College)

I am mostly interested in the buisiness, ethical and political aspects of the cannabis community.....and what a community it has become here indeed.

So everyone has already figured out a way to make a dime off of weed. LMAO. The dispensaries, the police, a college.... Wow, and I thought the guy on the street peddling dime bags was the real slime ball. LMAO

godspeedsuckah said:
So everyone has already figured out a way to make a dime off of weed. LMAO. The dispensaries, the police, a college.... Wow, and I thought the guy on the street peddling dime bags was the real slime ball. LMAO
what is the problem with making a profit off of weed ? Not everyone has time to grow their own. And I aint about to grow it and just give it away supplies cost money, and my time does to yall kill me wit that like selling weed to people who are willing to buy is wrong stop hatin its not healthy

P. BLAZUH said:
what is the problem with making a profit off of weed ? Not everyone has time to grow their own. And I aint about to grow it and just give it away supplies cost money, and my time does to yall kill me wit that like selling weed to people who are willing to buy is wrong stop hatin its not healthy

selling cannabis at a reasonable price is ok.

being a drug dealer is wrong.

Charging someone $50-60 for less than 4 grams of ANY plant matter is wrong. Period.

the mentality of PROFIT in itself is wrong and sets to divide us.

we must educate ourselves to the full extent of our own ability.

if a person who has a PHD or the desire and training to teach...and requires compensation for the teaching and the work it took to reach that position...I will gladly pay in FAKE PAPER BILLS FOR SERVICES OR GOODS RENDERD.

At least until the monitary system is abolished and we as a speices can truly prosper....you know..knowledge and schooling would be free to all.

like healthcare should be.

I think my statement was taken out of context. What I meant to say is :rolleyes: it use to be that someone selling weed was considered dirty, trouble..... now we have dispensaries, police, and even colleges making money off of it. Hope this cleared it up for everyone. If not :chuck: look out, I am still peeved on the whole LED craze now ;)

LED Craze.

HA!

maybe if you want to do a PC case grow...or in space with limited power and grow area LED's would be great.

but for those of us who want a decent yield or strong mother plants should avoid them.

...until something better comes along.

Maybe they will touch on LED's in oaksterdam.

I did some research on it to see if maybe I am be biased (which I am) to HPS and MH and the output with LED really isn't that bad. However, it is misleading. In order to have a decent grow you need alot of those panels where as 1 HPS will do the trick. The LED's aren't measured in Luemens they are measured in candle power. I don't know enough yet, but I will find out some more for my own sanity. In the meantime, I am guarding the fort against and more LED insurgants!!!!!!

:chuck:

toke@smoke420 said:
you can go to weed college and waste your money but the best teacher is yourself and your mistakes IMO, personally i dont mind when one of my plants start to yellow up or whatever then it helps me gain expiereince in figureing out what is wrong with my plant or sometimes plants. also college in cali come on man why not just buy a house and learn to grow your own for the same price as tutition to weed college.
I see you did'nt do any research on the college b 4 u replyed to this thread. For you to write that its a waste of money tells it all, the people who are teaching the classes are the pioneers in legalizing medical marijuana and teach more than just growing.

I agree as I and many others have taught ourselves to grow.

but there are so many aspects of HORTICULTURE as a whole people can learn.

...outside of a institutionalized accredited 4yr university.

Plus they touch on many other important topics including:

Harvest
Curing
hashmaking
...and more

these things can not only take years and years to learn on your own...but can amount to quite a bit of money.

and as far as I am concerned this is one of the most important items to the legalization movement: A reponsible ethical learning and teaching environment to provide insight on one of the oldest and most frequently used medicines ever to exist to the human race.

whats the problem with that?

you dont like the profit margins they make to maintain facilities, pay TEACHERS and purchase suppplies and legal protection....

than you are free to not attend.

WOW you guys are fired up today. Nobody is disrespecting "Oaksterdam" relax and have a smoke. I agree with you Effen, it just humor's me that marijuana is slowly becoming "mainstream" so to speak when 10 years ago it was an abomination.

Understandably so godspeed.

Marijuana was deemed and believed to be evil by ME as well untill less tha 10 years ago.

your suprise is not alone.

but in a place like california where marijuana is more common than...well..any other agriculture product in this massive agriculture state.

yesterday I called the police to MY residence.

to file a complaint about my father.

...after we went on a stoll through my garden he grabbed one of the stickyest, purple(est), frostyest nugs on my outdoor purple sativa...took a big smell...deep smell, exhaled, sighed, looked at me and said this:

"Sigh, MAN! that is some good stuff. I understand Marijuanas place in society...unfortuinately it's still illegal."

I said:

"Maybe one day, I just want you to know that I am doing this the right way...and ANY of the Campbell Police Department want to come by and have a look they are more than welcome...anytime."

then we talked about BBQ and decided to have a cook-off.

...at my place.

so understand how things are much, MUCH different here in california...and how a cannabis college seems normal to some...yet outrageous to most.

Latest posts

Back