Oaksterdam University

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Effen Gee said:
so understand how things are much, MUCH different here in california...and how a cannabis college seems normal to some...yet outrageous to most.

Gee is SO correct. For those living in the other 49 states, it is hard to explain how the "scene" has progressed here. Gone are the days of closing your windows to burn one. Gone are the days of stressing out if a cop is behind you and you have a QP of dank. It's ALMOST the way it should be.

Please , please don't take me as dissing everywhere else. I am not, not at all. I am tryin' to say that we in Cali are on the forefront of the movement and are pushing the boundries in every aspect of the Mighty Herb.
As someone stated, the classes taught at O.U. are taught by THE VERY SAME folks that got us to where we are today.

For everyone living in other states that have changed thier MJ laws in the last 10 years, you have those folks to thank for it. Plain and simple.

I know alot of us here are older cats and have seen this change. 15 years ago, there were no MJ forums. If you had ANY kind of HID light, you were instantly a "Pro". Good weed was the bricks of mex weed that was "more greenish then brown". The BEST time of year was right now, when Humbolt harvested and, if you were lucky and knew the right cats, you could get an oz of good old Humbolt Skunk.

Look what we have now.

Think what we will have in 15 more years.

Hick said:
Actually sounds fun, and informative... I guess a .'college degree' is being required for everything these days..

Your right,.

Now that I said that, watch, The dispensaries will now start buying herb from only "Collage Grads"

NY finally introduced a bill with good support for MJ patients but have yet to vote on the bill. You Cali guys and gals keep doing what you are doing, maybe someday the rest of the country will see the true benefits of full legalization. Hats off to you guys, and Thanks!!!

oh man effen, if it was my dad grabbin one of my crop... boy.. hes gonna down!! people with old fashions minds... I prolly end up slap his head for a pretty long while.... just to give him a index point look on between his eyes, just to get things straight,... I dont take his craps so he dont need to take my crap!

The only credit Cali really gets is we pushed it first. Mainly, the Bay Area. But cmon, Berkeley, San Fran is known to push "boundries" on every issue. We have some outspoken folks for sure, God love em!

Now, States like NY are standing up for thier rights. All it took was one State to get the Ball rolling.

I suspect that when NY passes thier MMJ laws, they will overtake Cali on alot of aspects. This is due to the bigger population you guys have. Right now, The Bay Area is on the forefrnt, but soon, very soon, Southern California will overtake us. We have 5 million in the Bay, whereas the "L.A." area has around 12 million. They are just getting used to the idea of dispensaries and breeding and so on so forth, and they are taking friggin off.

So, when NY or other big metropolitan areas pass similar laws, the same will happen, but bigger.

I know Fad, I get all crazy when I talk about it. It just amazes me everytime I go to the Bay and see all this.
I will be 40 in a few months, and the changes I have seen, I would never have thought would really happen.

It reminds me of the Cheech and Chongs Next movie, where Chong tells Cheech " When weed is legal man, I'll have a great resume", or something along those lines lol.

Fadeux said:
Great thread, its like listening to "prophets" speak...
I agree 1000% Nor Cal Hal you are a great Thread writter, I would like to take this time to thank you for clearing up my unclear threads

Thanx Bro:aok:

godspeedsuckah said:
I did some research on it to see if maybe I am be biased (which I am) to HPS and MH and the output with LED really isn't that bad. However, it is misleading. In order to have a decent grow you need alot of those panels where as 1 HPS will do the trick. The LED's aren't measured in Luemens they are measured in candle power. I don't know enough yet, but I will find out some more for my own sanity. In the meantime, I am guarding the fort against and more LED insurgants!!!!!!

:chuck:

Hey man, looks like you're checking out the wrong LEDs. They're plenty of gimmic ones, but if you take time to dig through the crap, there's quite a few good ones out there. I've got a grow journal goin and all the plants photographed in there are grown with LEDs, and they're flourishing!

NorCal, you said "almost there" what else do you think needs to happen to get "there." Im curious to see what you think.

from wikipedia
One private club in Oaksterdam sells cannabis and food containing cannabis to adults who do not hold valid physician recommendations for medical marijuana, which are needed to obtain county issued patient identification cards in California. One such club is named after Oakland's Measure Z, a city ballot initiative which makes the private sales, cultivation, and possession of cannabis the lowest police priority and mandates that the City of Oakland tax and regulate cannabis as soon as possible under state law.

Thats huge to "tax and regulate as soon as possible." That's basically the final step, dont you think? Of course, I don't live there, I just really want to move there.

Fadeux said:
NorCal, you said "almost there" what else do you think needs to happen to get "there." Im curious to see what you think.

from wikipedia

Thats huge to "tax and regulate as soon as possible." That's basically the final step, dont you think? Of course, I don't live there, I just really want to move there.

Only 2 more things Fad,
Get the feds to change the Schedule class for MJ and to leave states with MMJ alone.

And you are absolutly right, A Tax ID number.
Dairy is HUGE in Cali, and think what that brings in as far as tax dollars for the state and federal goverment.
MJ is still the number one crop, so if we all payed taxes on it, with no fear of going to jail, we won.

I know , as far as my life, growing herb is the only "questionable" thing I do. If there were no Federal worries, I would be a damn fine upstanding citizen! And I am sure that is the story for most of us here.

Were so close. Alot on the fed level will depend on what happens Nov 4th.

Hey Effen.. Did you start your classes yet? If so, hows it going?

Nope, not yet.

Money is tight these days.

Need to sell a few LBS first. I can't wait to start though.

NorCalHal said:
Harborside man, harborside.
Harborside is way to expensive man, they charged me 55 plus tax 4 an 8th of OG kush OPC is a lot cheaper 50 out the door for top shelf jolly rancher. check em out they are on west grand at the old Care building

If you buy cheap meds that usually means the grower got shafted somehow.

I LOVE how fired up everybody is! I am the same way when discussing marijuana to others, especially those who downgrade it or belittle the plant and its medical capabilities. Not many can understand why we get this way, but it is always great to KNOW instead of what you have just HEARD. I can ramble off facts all day about growing, history, and politics on MJ, and I thank the members of this forum for giving me the knowledge to do so. *(Wish there was a "Thanks" button I could push for every member on here at once)

California is great for cannabis...but we need top focus on other areas..

Change of some kind is on the horizon..But I do not feel like its for the better.

I saw plenty of 2nd Lieutenants come out of college and OCS and were still totally clueless; the degree doesn't make the man (or the weed); it's the skillz that pay the billz :hubba:

Latest posts

Back