OCCG Hydro - Round 2 - OG Kush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think the final dry weight's gonna be?

• Under 1lb

• 1.0 - 1.25lb

• 1.25 - 1.5lb

• 1.5 - 1.75lb

• Over 1.75lb

Results are only viewable after voting.
swiftgt said:
do you just have the one airpump? and is it about a 70gph pump?

Yup, just the one air pump. Don't remember what the rating on it is. I'll check it out tonight when the lights come on and let you know.

dang bro cant believe i missed this incredible grow i really want to grow the og kush next. i got a pack og kush(abusive)xblue moonshine. wats the difference between abusive and sfv?

goneindawind said:
dang bro cant believe i missed this incredible grow i really want to grow the og kush next. i got a pack og kush(abusive)xblue moonshine. wats the difference between abusive and sfv?
I'm not really sure of the difference. I found the same thing when I was looking for clones of the strain. There are soooooo many different OG kush varieties, I've seen SFV, abusive, Larry's, apothecary and then a bunch of OG crosses with other strains. One of the guys I go to for clones had the Apothecary and the SFV. He said the apothecary was a little stonier and better for pain, but stretched more and the SFV had a higher yield but didn't smell or taste as strong. I'm sure there are other differences as well, but I'm not really sure what they are.

occg.hydro said:
Actually I use the 6x6x6 "hugo blocks" they have a hole for a 1x1x1 block in the top. I put them in the 10" pot and then fill the rest of the space with hydroton. It's worked great so far! They actually saved my a** one night. My roommate knocked the pump plug out of the timer and I didn't notice until I got back to town the next day. They didn't get watered for about 30 hours but still didn't dry up to the point of wilting. Probably wouldn't work out the same if it happened again, with them as big as they are, but it was nice not to come back to a closet full of shriveled up plants.

wow, thats great! i was gonna use the little cubesoil rockwool, tiny little blocks. But i think i will just follow you yet again with the big blocks, and like you said as long as water is flowing downward on the roots that are hanging things should be good, not to mention inside the bucket is 100% RH, so, i think that your "drip setup" is very successful and a slight twist on something conventional drip systems, i like your idea the best, even over the 700.00 manufactured setups, and yours is less than 100.00 bucks to setup for the supplies.

yeah man, I studied a lot of the different pre-fab systems out there before I designed this one and kind of took all the ideas that I liked. Learned a ton in the process. It's a real trip when you see how much complete setups go for when you can build it yourself and customize it to your liking for a fraction of the price!

I've been looking in to fog systems a lot lately. I'm thinking it would be kind of cool to add to the bucket setup. I could do kind of a controller bucket type of thing and use it for the fogger and pump the fog in to each of the buckets

man, that would be awesome, i saw a prefab fogponics machine, uber expensive tho, like thousands i think, but its very nice and delivers a water fog that consists of water particles that are smaller than anything yet. I would love to make my way into fogponics, its the fastest way to grow i hear, so a mist type setup is prob what i wil end up up doing, i love growing and cant stop until i conquer it all, my wife really hates me growing.

Here's what I'm thinking:
hxxp://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=8533&cmpid=11csegb&ref=3312&subref=AA&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=0012669000000

This site sells an ultrasonic fogger with 5 membranes on it. I could take one of those and put it in a 3.5gal bucket full of nutrient solution with a lid on it. Run air lines from the fog bucket to each of the buckets w/ plants in them. Get a small air pump, like the one I've got but not as powerful, and an airstone and put it in the bucket with the fog. That way you could use the air pump to pressurize the fog bucket and pump the fog out in to the other buckets. If you put it on a timer or turned it down low enough it seems like you could have it pump fog in to the buckets in intervals and keep the humidity in the root zone as close to 100% as possible. It would take a little tweaking to get it all figured out but it seems totally viable.

Thats awesome man! Do you use something to reduce the flow from your pump? like maybe "1 gallon per hour" pressure reducers? I saw this 6 nozzle multiplex dripper at my local store, i think it was only like 7 bucks, but it reduces the pressure from the water pump down to about 1 gph, i was just curious if you were just running full pressure from the pump, or if the drip stakes maintained the flow down to a steady drip. thanks

nope, just a splitter to go from 1/2" from the pump to 9x 1/4" for the drippers

i was looking at using Ultrasonic foggers but the price and i hear they can block up quite frequently when using high levels of nutes, so in was thinking that i might do a dwc setup but with foggers, and just lower the level of the water, and if they do block at least there is still a sorce of water for the plants,
did you find out what your airpumd puts out occg?

i saw this fogger and it looks good , but a little expensive!
hxxp://www.futuregarden.com/hydroponics/systems_nutramist.html

Sorry swift, I spaced out. I'll check it tonight. I like the DWC/fogger idea. I'd build the DWC setup first and do a grow in it before adding the fog if it was me though. That way you can get the system tweaked without the extra variables so if something starts going wrong you don't have the extra stuff to deal with. I also wonder how much of a difference the fogger would make in a DWC, seeing how close the RH inside of each bucket is to 100% already. Interesting experiment though. It seems like fog is definitely something that has to be combined with a backup.

Those nutramist foggers look pretty sweet! one thing that I wonder about though is that they claim "Roots fed with an aeroponic fog develop single and multi-cell hairs which significantly increase their surface area and ability to uptake and metabolize nutrients". Sounds like they might be talking out their a**... Yes, root hairs increase surface area of roots, that's their purpose, but there is no such thing as a "multi-cell root hair". The hairs are single cell modifications of the epidermis within the region of maturation of the root. There is something called a "lateral" root that is multi-cellular new growth that starts in the root but I don't think this is what they're talking about. Two completely different things. Not to be super nitpicky but I'm always wary when companies make claims that they can't back up scientifically. Like the idea, but it seems waaaaayyyyy overpriced & kind of gimmicky. Might as well just order the fog disks and build one yourself. Sh**, you could probably build them & sell 'em on ebay for double the price.

Switched over to the big 'ol HPS today as it looks like most of the stretch is over. That thing's a monster!!! I'll post pics in the next few days, no time right now.

you and I have very similar setups and I picked up the master kush and blackberry from the Malibu collective as well. Let me know if you have any problems or any insights as the grow progresses and I will do the same

Comm

Latest posts

Back