Odd soil problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doman

Reaction score
Alright, I bought a bag of generic soil a while back and when my plants got big enough, I potted them, but only three were potted in this soil because I ran out. I went and got some miracle grow soil and planted my 4th in it. Since then, my 4th plant has been growing like a weed, but all the other plants are experiencing nutrient problems and once has a burn on it. My water is neutral, but the runoff of the burnt plant is coming off acidic. So I gave it a very dilute solution of baking soda last time I watered it. The soil is supposed to have slow release fertilizers in it, but obviously they arn't working. My question is:

Should I remove the plants from the generic soil, and plant them all in the miracle grow? They've only been in for a week and a half, so the root system can't be all that big. I know it will give them shock, but this generic soil has just been a pain in the *** since I started using it.

Well they were all transplanted with minimal damage to the roots. I would strongly recommend against Sta-Green potting soil. There were little weeds growing in the soil, it holds water way too long, and the fertilizers in there just do a horrible job compared to miracle grow.

Latest posts

Back