oh no god no

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
inspecting my soon to harvest plant and found TWO BABY SEEDS in the top cola. I did eviscerate a hermie a few weeks ago. Is it possible it has gone herm late in flower? It is ~one or two weeks from chop..i have 3 huge indicas all beginning flower oh no what to do. I have inspected the rest of the entire plant only possible two more maybe seeds? i cant tell

should i harvest today? If this has gone hermie just recently late in flower is my whole crop going to be ruined?!?!?! :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked: i have removed it from the room. gah

Bummer!!!

Just keep a close eye out and pluck every seed you see.....????

I dont think it makes a difference if you pull out the seeds now. and i think i read somewhere that once your plants starts producing seeds, it stops, or slows down at the very least on the production of THC. Im almost 100% possitive that thats what i read

leave it alone....

pollen travels far... its a gift from another species, celebrate the creation of life.

your a parent.

goddog said:
leave it alone....

pollen travels far... its a gift from another species, celebrate the creation of life.

your a parent.
Did this pollen come from another plant outside you grow room? Could a neighbor growing his own fertilize your crop? :holysheep:

the chances of that happening are great, like winning the lottery, it will be one hell of a story for ur grandkids, once they old enough. LOL... :aok:

wow...this thread just stepped into The Twilight Zone..........

you guys dont understand. I'm worried about my 3 young females. I cant have the crop of my entire room ruined by a hermie to give it two more weeks. If it has seeds, which it does, very young seeds... do you think they are created from late hermie??? Can a plant decide to go hermie this late?

im just gonna cry myself to sleep i fear for my closet forest. 3 plants which look like they're gonna really produce some weight -- now im worried they all gonna have seeds cause of a go.d da.mned (swearing appropriate, sue me) hermie.

i do have friends that grow, i can even thing of situations that it is vaguely and barely possible for me to have accumulated some pollen on clothing or something. but such a slim chance, is it worth risking my whole closet?

Hermies can pop out at any stage of flowering, and there are different .."degrees" of hermaphrodism. They may produce a cluster of staminate flowers, or might produce only a single one hidden deep in the pistils and difficult to spot.
"If it were me", and I held any doubt, I would get it out of the closet and preserve the big girls. IMO/E, once a hermie exhibits staminate flowers, it is likely to produce more. For certain, the longer your fems are exposed to "it" the more likely the poisoning to occur.
Any possibility of putting it OD to finish?
If temps allow it, being close to harvest anyway, hours are still short enough to keep it flowering.

no outdoors not an option sadly, it'd die at night. god i'd give anything for my 30x microscope to get here so i can see how close i am.. it's already 3 hours late for light cycle if i put it back in the closet.. gah.

the best you can do imo is save the seeds for a later grow

but the bud will be quite low on THC content although it still will contain some THC

Have your hairs on the buds changed color yet? If so, what's the ratio to non changed hair ? Just saying, if you don't have your microscope yet, that's an old way of telling if it's harvest time.

lots of orange hairs, the main cola and some upper buds are good to go.. well they're all good to go cause im halfway thru cutting it down. hopefully its not a bad decision .. i think gonna have lots of baby hash buds to throw into the trim pile

I think you did the right thing. One plant in my third grow turned hermie, It was a Lowryder no less. They're not suppose to go hermie and what'cha know, I ended up with first reported LR hermie in this forum! And with my luck the only one in history:D

I hate those hermie F'n bastards

did you change your avi for this thread? lol... that's PRICELESS!

for your problem child... might I suggest simply putting it in a southern exposure window to finish up out of the grow area and simply harvest the girl on a bud-by-bud manner. I was flowering my 3 donor plants that way up until recently....:D

"did you change your avi for this thread? lol... that's PRICELESS!"
Same thing I thought! lol

it pretty much sums up my reaction to everything that goes wrong. uhh its too late.. plant has been chopped. Windows and outdoors were not an option and neither was keeping it in my closet. It's definitley too early for at least a couple of the buds, main cola and some others are really really dense. all the trim was sticky and im drying that as well for some hash.

the plant was a rescue charity operation from day 1, can't believe it made it 10 weeks into flower still alive.. .. cant even hang dry it cause the closet is occupied and i dont want any potential pollen in there

edit: pics in sig of harvest

it is a wicked avatar :D

I'd say if its near enough done then chop it and leave the other 3 ladies to finish up.

Latest posts

Back