ok, so hears the dealio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetmadnesS

Reaction score
i just started growing a few days ago. so far so good ((i hope)), but im sooo confused on all of the fertalizing and ph levels and all of that. when is it im supposed to start fertalizing? what kind should i use? and right now should i leave them on a 24 hour lighting? then switch it later? i know it seems like i got ahead of myself before i had any idea what i was doing but ive actually been reading up on this for a loooong time, but everyones got different ideas and there all confusing me. mucho help would be appreciated.

SweetmadnesS said:
i just started growing a few days ago. so far so good ((i hope)), but im sooo confused on all of the fertalizing and ph levels and all of that. when is it im supposed to start fertalizing? what kind should i use? and right now should i leave them on a 24 hour lighting? then switch it later? i know it seems like i got ahead of myself before i had any idea what i was doing but ive actually been reading up on this for a loooong time, but everyones got different ideas and there all confusing me. mucho help would be appreciated.
well for one good luck on ur grow hope all goes well. on the ferts question what kind of soil are u using cause if ur using soil with ferts in it then u would have to go by that cause some ferts feed ur plants up to three months. as for the lighting its all up to u how long u want it on the longer the light is on the faster ur plant will grow some ppl do eighteen on six off some keep it on 24 seven til they are ready to flower i like to keep mine on 24 than shut it off for six than back to 24 but like i said its all the way u want it so good luck again peace

Sweet keep it simple. use good dirt, some kind of plant food and just water from your house. Work at learning to grow some healthy small plants if thats what you end up with and after you get fairly good at keeping them alive and pest and sickness free and end up with a few buds then you can work on the little things that make them grow biger. Slim

thanks alot ive just been kinda worried because it seems like people were doing all this complicated stuff to there plants to keep it alive and i can barley remember to put the cap back on the tooth paste haha. the only thing im worried about right now is that they might get to tall and start to fall over but im not sure how fast it grows so all might be doing good. guess ill just wait and see.

SweetmadnesS said:
thanks alot ive just been kinda worried because it seems like people were doing all this complicated stuff to there plants to keep it alive and i can barley remember to put the cap back on the tooth paste haha. the only thing im worried about right now is that they might get to tall and start to fall over but im not sure how fast it grows so all might be doing good. guess ill just wait and see.

for optimal growing give them 5k lumens per square foot (not realistic with cfl's and floros only with HPS lighting). Give them water (nutes if you want to boost your yeild after flowering). Top them if you want to keep them small or start growing lowryders. Keep a fan on them to keep them blowing around so they will get strong stems. If they start the wilt because of the fan reduce the speed and if they keep wilting then turn it off and let the plant recover but a fan needs to stay on them to keep their stalks nice and strong.

If your growing in a closet make sure to open the door daily to check up on them and with a fan in there you will circulate new air into the closet nicely. I also keep a fan in my room on outside of the closet to circulate new air into my room.

wait, what are nutes? damn i sound like such a nube lol. ok, so ill hook a fan up in my closet, and to top them i just snip a little off the top? i read you can lightly crush the stalk so the bottom grows really fast and after a few days the top will to but i dont want to risk breaking it.

that makes sense
thanks alot this really helped,
anything else i should know?

hey SweetmadnesS.
just starting out. when i started everyone had different ideas etc.. the best thing to do is 18 hrs. on 6 hrs. off. until flowering time. get'em growing and come back to the forum. when they syart growing just bend the stalks back and fourth 1 or 2 times. do this when you water. the stalk will get strong fast. keep the lighting close so the babies don't stretch for light. don't clip tops on your first grow. learn to gett'em growing well. do that stuff next time.
don't worry about any fertilizer either. regular potting soil and merical grow from time to time. air circulation is a must. don't expose to light during dark period, ever. work on your plants during light hrs.
after this crop you can do other things to help grow faster, topping to get more branches etc. but this time just grow your plants. you will see, feel, and learn alot from your first grow.
ps. try not to use tap water from the sink. clorine is a no no for these sensative babies. well water is good, but try not to use the city water.
keep it simple. have fun...
this is a great forum, i can prove that! go girl. bunkin

also when you transplant cover up all the intial growth up to the first set of those little baby round leaves... Screw 18/6 light it will be bigger and bushier with 24/7.

24/7 is OK, but it's good to give your lights/ballasts a rest each day too. Theyn do work really hard and deserve a rest to cool etc, saves on electric/ballast/bulb running time to on 18/6.

eather way is ok but I go for 18/6.

oh man, this helps soo much. thanks a lot and ill be sure to let ya know how its all going. right now ive got three babies started, two are about two inches tall, and the third just sprouted. so usually how long does it take before there ready to move to a 12/12 light to start flowering?

Latest posts

Back