Old School, Still Cool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Shiloh and welcome aboard.

is Collecting rain water a good idea?

depends on what you are using it for and your method,of,collection and your location

one time when I was collecting rainwater I made the mistake of pouring a couple gallons on four cannabis plants in my outdoor garden

the plants were in five gallon buckets

they were dead dead dead in 24 hours

why?

my theory is acid rain

i checked the Ph of the rainwater and it was over 12!

one time when I was collecting rainwater I made the mistake of pouring a couple gallons on four cannabis plants in my outdoor garden

the plants were in five gallon buckets

they were dead dead dead in 24 hours

why?

my theory is acid rain

i checked the Ph of the rainwater and it was over 12!
That sir is the truth. I checked rain water PH about 2 weeks ago and it was over 9😳
I thought it was a bad reading and used a different method to check the PH and it was also over 9.

Okay, I don't like being the butt of jokes. I don't take it personally; it's just not my thing. Just for the record, I am a tall athletic blonde woman. Don't mess with me (too much, please).

Put a little honey/FL rainwater on my WW autos today. I recognize that the compact growth of this variety=stunting. Oh, well, I'll learn the hard way.

1622401482890.png

shi .jpg

Welcome, glad you decided to turn around and come back. You can use tap water. Just let it sit out for a day or so to let the chlorine dissapate.

Okay, I don't like being the butt of jokes. I don't take it personally; it's just not my thing. Just for the record, I am a tall athletic blonde woman. Don't mess with me (too much, please).

Put a little honey/FL rainwater on my WW autos today. I recognize that the compact growth of this variety=stunting. Oh, well, I'll learn the hard way.
Shi
If we mess with you that means we like you
You are certainly welcome in my book, the short person statement was for the boss

I've always used distilled water, distillers are slow (mine is anyway, gallon = 3 hrs) so am considering an RO machine.

I find some tap water better than others, some questionable. Me, I don't even drink tap water nor do my pets. Measure its EC with a cheap meter. Good to have and PH meter too. You may get some info from your water dept. , unless on a well of course.

If testing yourself, use the cold, not hot side and let it run for a while. Simple charcoal filtering will remove chlorine. Ph, that will vary from location to location. Anything over 300 EC is getting too high for me, my distilled is 0. Distilling, oddly, does not get rid of chlorine, but the added charcoal filter does, and I assume RO does too, haven't got that far checking them out yet.

When I was at a previous residence, with hydro I got away with 1/2 tap 1/2 distilled...

Bubba

Latest posts

Back