on top of the roof?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenguy

Reaction score
I live in LA and have a weed card...Im aloud to have 6 plants for medical use...will I get into trouble if I let em grow in the roof?

a weed card? a prescription/permit?
if so then i would say that your fine unless your renting an ya landlord dont want it :confused2:
but im not in cali. tho either so....

I think it is illegal if it can be insight. Look up the law under the NORML website. If its on the roof I would still try to conceal it with other brush. Just to be on the safe side

If you can legally grow 6 plants, it shouldn't make any difference from the LEO's point of growing on the roof. Landlord could object if you have one. My first thought on it is: "stealth" includes not only concealing your grow from LEO, but also neighbors, thieves and robbers who might help themselves to your crop. Can you control access to the roof?

landlord is cool...
roof is flat with a good "lip" on it so its not like anyone would really see...
The house is gated off so no one will likely steal them...

...I was more concerned about a helicopter or somthing like that

I checked out the vantage point from up there and there is only one window from the neighbors house where they could possibly see the grow...I think it could work out

Gee, now ya got ME wondering ! I live in Montana and usualy have one or two of my alotted 6 medical plants growing in pots in my yard. Is it legal? To be in sight and such? I never really gave it a second thought. It doesn't say i have to have them in my closet either, so there........

I know in some areas you CANNOT have outdoor plants that are visible to the public, other areas have max 10 visible plants. If not many people can see it on the roof, you'll probably be fine. But check the exact laws in your area, or simply put up an opaque barrier so no one can see it.

I thought about the barrier previously but that would make things alittle shady...I was thinking maybe some plants and trees, not MJ, on that side of the roof blocking the neighbors potential view..now they would just think I had a regular garden up there and never know I had a "real" garden up there!

;)

i would be careful about having them on top of a roof especially if there sativas. that lip might not be big enough to hide a 6+ foot tall plant. indicas could be concealed alot better. and dont tell anyone you have the plants up there either. some people i thought were my friends jumped my fence and stole all 9 of my ladies.

I'd definately be quit about it...I was considering the height of the plants and thought maybe I would scrog em

wow major oversight...

now I think that it actually might not get dark enough at night to grow properly...there are a fair amount of street lights ect that wont allow the plants to ever experience a perfect darkness

any thoughts?

what do you mean by "scrog" them?
you could make a pvc frame to put over the plants at night but u would have to keep up with the light cycles for the veg and flowering state of the plant. both of those are different and require different amounts of sunlight/darkness to maximize the growth of the plant. back to the pvc frame tho, measure the current height and width of the plants but also allow more room for more growth. u could make one for each individual plant or just put them together at night and make one big box. what kind are you looking to grow? sativas are the ones that get pretty big and indicas are the short ones.

biggest issue is going to radiant heat from your roof surface; make sure you have plenty of water available.

I have experience growing previously and have always grown indicas or hybrids....SCROG = "Screen of Green" its a strategy of training the plants to grow horizontal across chicken wire rather than grow vertical, this allows you to control the hight of the plant.

Im not sure that a PVC frame is the right answer in this case, too big to be inconspicuos on the roof and I would have to go up there every night

but seriously there is probably too much light hitting the plants at night...my neighbor is half way through a 6 plant grow in his backyard, I doubt he will get anything but hermes out of em...but we'll see

I have plans for an indoor grow that I may have to consider instead...

i like the idea of scrog and yes growing inside would probably be the best bet in ur situation. good luck with whatever you decide to do

Around here, the roofs get over 100 degrees before noon. I think you will cook those plants, unless it's much cooler where you live. What color is the roof? Try putting a thermometer out there for a whole day and monitor the temp it shows. That will tell you if it is possible.

the roof is white or sorta a beige stucco color...I've got a pretty good ocean breeze and figure if I started the grow in Sept heat wouldnt be a factor

but again Im pretty sure the lights of the city at night wouldnt give me enough dark so im going to wait to see if my neighbors grow out well or not before I try anything

Latest posts

Back