One of those months...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PartyBro420

Canucks Fan
Reaction score
where it just seems like everything small keeps going wrong...

Feelin a bit more worn down this month than usual.
Fell out with the woman I've been with the past 5 years, which means I lose contact with my first dog (which totally sucks)

Hockey team is in a bit of trouble first round of the playoffs. (I know... Canadian problems right...)

Happy this hobby of growing keeps my mind occupied at times, but I have had a very difficult time keeping myself busy over the past 2 years away from gainful employment. (fighting with govt for wage loss from an injury I got while at work)

According to what my doctor told me, the superficial radial nerve in my left arm was severed. The one end of the nerve atrophied into my hand and basically died off, causing dead sensation in the back of my hand around my thumb and index finger. The other side of the nerve grew a neuroma and changed position in my arm as it was retracting back under the muscle. It got stuck on top of the muscle because of this neuroma (basically a little growing ball of nerves on the end of a nerve) and it's now sitting on top of the muscle in my forearm exposed, just under my skin, causing constant pain and increased sensation.

At first it wasn't all that bad, but it got worse and worse, until now I'm at the point where I can't even rest my arm out the window while driving because the air rushing past the hair on my forearm causes it to feel like it's burning and itchy under the skin, and then I can't itch it because touching the area causes more sensation or pain.

Anyway, I know there are a few other people who may be in similar situations of stagnant lifestyle with being on disability, or due to the economy etc... What does everyone else do when they're not tending to their plants to stay sane...

I try to walk my dog as many times as I can pull myself off the couch for... I don't know what it is, I guess I'm just a little extra tired this month of all the junk i've got rattling around in my head.

I hear ya brother. I'm in kinda the same situation. Hang in there. I know it doesn't help to sit and think about it to much. I have to find things to keep my mind off of all the bullstuff. I play chess mostly. Since I can't grow, I have to find other things to do. Hang tough Partybro. :)

Thanks guys! I'll pull through i'm sure, eventually all this mess will be behind me and i can focus more on what's next instead of what just happened.

I do volunteer work to keep busy and at the moment I facilitate a self help group for veterans. Not only does it help to keep me busy but seeing all the issues with others minimizes mine.

PartyBro420 said:
where it just seems like everything small keeps going wrong...

Feelin a bit more worn down this month than usual.
Fell out with the woman I've been with the past 5 years, which means I lose contact with my first dog (which totally sucks)

Hockey team is in a bit of trouble first round of the playoffs. (I know... Canadian problems right...)

Happy this hobby of growing keeps my mind occupied at times, but I have had a very difficult time keeping myself busy over the past 2 years away from gainful employment. (fighting with govt for wage loss from an injury I got while at work)

According to what my doctor told me, the superficial radial nerve in my left arm was severed. The one end of the nerve atrophied into my hand and basically died off, causing dead sensation in the back of my hand around my thumb and index finger. The other side of the nerve grew a neuroma and changed position in my arm as it was retracting back under the muscle. It got stuck on top of the muscle because of this neuroma (basically a little growing ball of nerves on the end of a nerve) and it's now sitting on top of the muscle in my forearm exposed, just under my skin, causing constant pain and increased sensation.

At first it wasn't all that bad, but it got worse and worse, until now I'm at the point where I can't even rest my arm out the window while driving because the air rushing past the hair on my forearm causes it to feel like it's burning and itchy under the skin, and then I can't itch it because touching the area causes more sensation or pain.

Anyway, I know there are a few other people who may be in similar situations of stagnant lifestyle with being on disability, or due to the economy etc... What does everyone else do when they're not tending to their plants to stay sane...

I try to walk my dog as many times as I can pull myself off the couch for... I don't know what it is, I guess I'm just a little extra tired this month of all the junk i've got rattling around in my head.
I don't remember typing this^

;)

Im right here with ya. Been a pretty bad last few months and I am just so tired lately. I feel like I am being slowly poisoned with Vicodin lately :confused:

niteshft said:
I do volunteer work to keep busy and at the moment I facilitate a self help group for veterans. Not only does it help to keep me busy but seeing all the issues with others minimizes mine.

I'm a member of a volunteer organization here called the Kinsmen, we raise money for cystic fibrosis as well as other local groups like Scouts etc. It keeps me occupied every so often but there aren't weekly events or anything, stuff just kinda comes up as it comes up.

I used to feel the same way OGkushman. I had to quit those things. They had me really depressed. And then when the Doc. feels like cuttin' you off, your just S.O.L. The last time she cut me off, I decided to stay off. Had to go through all the withdrawl. Marijuana works better anyway. Hope y'all feel better. :)

Latest posts

Back